Wii Menu 4.0: Loophole May Have Been Found For Twilight Hack

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by MissingNo._, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissingNo._
    OP

Member MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

United States
    I may have found a loophole to Wii Menu 4.0 to using the Twilight Hack. But It's a long story...

When I had a younger version of the Wii Menu I used the American Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel on my Wiis. Then I updated to Wii Menu 4.0. Everything seems set up right? WRONG. I had forgotten to install DVDx, and both of my Wiis have Wii Menu 4.0. So I can't downgrade or install the Twilight Hack. So then It occurs to me, "My friend has a Wii Menu 3.4; why don't I just use his Wii?" But It wouldn't install DVDx on mine. So then I thought, "If I got the Homebrew Channel on his Wii I could after install the Twilight Hack, then use Savegame Extractor on his Homebrew Channel, then use Savegame Installer on mine to get the Twilight Hack on it, then install DVDx." So it may work or not, but I'd have to wait until Friday to get to use his Wii. So if any of you will try it and tell me how it goes, post it on here. Thanks in advance.

(This is just a theory. This has not been tested yet.)

If this works I might be a loophole hero!!!! [​IMG]

2. purechaos996

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Interesting theroy but correct me if im wrong but isnt the SaveGame extractor and Installer for Gamecube Saves?

3. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    dvdx is a channel and is different than the twilight hack and how it is blocked. dvdx installs as a hidden channel but the twilight hack is actually looked for and detected at boot and removed by menu 4.0, at least the way I understood the explanation of how it works. You can install it just fine, the problem is the system will delete it when it starts up.

Thanks for posting though, if it would have worked it could have been badass but unfortunately nintendo is one step ahead with this one.

4. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    You can't install DVDx on 4.0.

5. Mark McDonut

United States
    nah, waninkoko made one that's on github that works like wad manager but for wii save data, came out last week and works great.

6. purechaos996

United States
    hmm Must have missed that one sorry then.

7. Mark McDonut

United States
    no prob, here ya go

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152407

8. purechaos996

United States
    Ohh ok yeah ive seen that before I wonder why I didnt download it hmm Oh well. Thanks for that

9. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Umm, if you have the ablity to run the savegame installer on your wii you have the HBC and therefore can both downgrade and install DVDX even on 4.0

10. Wiinie

Newcomer Wiinie Advanced Member

United States
    Wait a minute. If you have the homebrew channel. all you need to do is downgrade to 3.2 (for 2.0 usb speed dvdx set up) or 3.4 for dvdx regular. No need to redo the twilight hack if you already have the homebrew channel. Plus savegame installer wont work without homebrew channel. So in esscence this is a pointless loop hole (if any).

Don't mean to come off as rude, but this is a pointless loophole. Just downgrade.

11. DPyro

Member DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    wrong topic..

12. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Yeah.... pretty much, if you have homebrew channel what is the need for twilight hack?

Twilight hack doesnt matter, ability to downgrade or install trucha signed content does matter.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.