Hacking Wii making louder noise reading DVD-&r discs

astr0z0mb1e

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a quick question I am new to the HBC world & I had a quick question about the noise the Wii makes during the loadin screen of some games. I have played both Skateit & all Star cheer & these games have the loading screen/"circular symbol" to get to the new screen.

The game works fine, no freeze or let ups, but during these loading scenes the Wii makes a luder noise like it is trying harder to read the disc.

I have tried both Verbatim - R on 4x & also a Fuji +R to see if the sound changed with the media & it seemed to be much quiter on the VERB-R.

Do you think if I change the speed to x2 or x6 on the verb-R that it would be less noisy?? Thats really my question game is fine, just really load during load scenes.

PS... -R was 85% quality & +R was 93%.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
you using softmod...gamma? backup loader

If so you "expect" to get these problems, burn at what you believe is best, I'd burn at 8x speed never lower or higher for wii ISO's, that's me though....

Stick to the same brand.....I use Ritek GO5, but it's what you think is best, don't go what others say, test yourself!

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
G05 ftw btw, really cheap and never a coaster.
wink.gif

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
djdynamite123 said:
you using softmod...gamma? backup loader

If so you "expect" to get these problems, burn at what you believe is best, I'd burn at 8x speed never lower or higher for wii ISO's, that's me though....

Stick to the same brand.....I use Ritek GO5, but it's what you think is best, don't go what others say, test yourself!

Mmmmh you say when you use backup copies? because I have that problem with my retailer TP game, just once, I was really worried about that, thank god I turn the console off and the noise gone.

The noise using backup copies seems normal, thought.

I could stop playing games with gamma if it kill my Wii =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, iirc she said she is non binary