Gaming wii key hot fix

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Huh, when I inserted SMG, it naturally asked me for an update, so I just did it (I had duplicate channels already, anyway).
The update then stopped at around 50%

I let it run for a while, but eventually gave up and switched it off (not unplugging, just switching it off normally). Feared it was bricked now, but it actually wasn't. Everything worked fine, including SMG.

PAL Wiikey 1.9g (naturally) and 3.1e firmware.

Thought I might just point that out, although it is probably already known.

gotissues

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A normal smg disc wont work on PAL once the update has been done? You can only play the game with a brickblocked smg disc? I thought the wiikey regionoverride acted as a brickblocker function :S

Epak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for the reply, but I ran the update on my 3.0E PAL firmware (after applying the 1.9g wiikey update), and it's working perfectly!Â
laugh.gif
Â
grog.gif
Â
grog.gif

OK nice to hear but other users had told that they brick their console ... i have update my PAL console first ...

Where have you heard about them, do you have any links? There are people who didn't get a firmware update when they ran the game: "yes I thought it should be 3.1u but mine did the update and it says 3.0u is there a way to force the update? I do not have my wii connected to the net.." That's crazygman from afterdawn forums.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/578545

I think that all just assumed that there is a fw 3.1U update on the disc and got their Wiis updated before running the game
(and hey, can't blame them, it's the safest way)

However, I can't connect my Wii to the internet so no updating for me. I got Metroid 3 working with the unplug trick which I'm going to use for SMG too. We'll see what happens.

Okay time for an update!

Pal Wii 2.1E Wiikey 1.9g

Got the game working with the unplug trick (at first try). No double channels, no semi-brick and no hanging in the intro sequence. I played to the part where you chase the rabbits.

Demios

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys any help here with my situation would be greatly appreciated...

1: updated Wiikey firmware 1.9g
2: updated Wii firmware 3.1e
3: burned a copy of the game with no mod (regionfrii + Brickblocker)
4: now my wii comes up with the "unable to read disc error" unless i put a copy of the game thats both brickblocked and regionfrii'ed and then i only get the black screen

I hope i havent totally boned my Wii! So many people are getting using the MP3 technique but i cant even get that far..Any advice would be totally appreciated.

QuantumFluxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??