Gaming wii key hot fix

orangejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need 1.9b before you go to 1.9g.

And yes, the mighty fine, pert round bottom is there again. Almost work updating just for that!!

biggrin.gif

GamerGuides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

bihdamir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yea i know nero does that but there should be a tab or drop-down where you change from cd to dvd and then just pop in a dvd and it will recognize it

GhostHawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running NTSC console and game. No duplicate channels, no lockups. At'ta boy a Mario!

One thing to mention. Upon putting in the SMG DVD it appeared on the channel menu as if nothing was there. I clicked on the empy disk channel Icon and then it told me about the update. I did the update (Without pulling the power like I have seen some say you should do) and after that, the game icon appeared in the disk channel. Other than that oddity, nothing out of the ordinary to report.

The duplicate channel problem must be only on PAL consoles? No sight of it on NTSC consoles....yet.
grog.gif

bihdamir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hahah no problem i did the same thing and my burner ejects my dvd, i was like wtf but then when i went back it lets you chose, i guess we never notice it before because the file is larger then a CD so it doesnt give us the option, but glad you got it to work
smile.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know what update that did? it was the first time i've ever seen an update. 2.2u 1.0 wiikey up until a few days ago. now 3.1u and 1.9g.

xb1az3x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a NTSC Wii do I have to do the update on the SMG disc in order to play it or can I use brickblocker to remove the update and just play it like that?

I ask this because I am wondering if anyone knows if this update will be on the retail version as well. Maybe this update will do something bad eventually since nintendo can check who is already playing it before it is out. Probably just being a little paranoid though.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's already been said that this version is the same as retail. although it is indeed strange that the title is in all caps SUPER MARIO GALAXY

GamerGuides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I play this on a PAL Wii which only has the 3.0E update on it? Or will the US NTSC SMG update brick my 3.0E Wii? I already have the duplicate channels from the NTSC MP3, so that's not an issue. A fast reply would be genuinely apprecited.
smile.gif

Evo-X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi here a few tips and answers ... for PAL users

Wii FW 3.1E ist required - Get it online or from the Metroid Prime PAL DVD, otherwise there is a possibility of bricking your Pal console by the SMG Update. (some people told that)

An alle Deutschen hier ... ein Tip ... der komplette Vorgang (I have tried to translate it)

1. Konsole auf 3.1E updaten (Wii Console Update ---> 3.1E (PAL)
2. Brenn das Wiikey PAL ISO und Wiikey mit 1.9g Hotfix flashen - (burn the pal iso and do the Wiikey 1.9g Hotfix flash)
3. Um doppelte Channel zu vermeiden musst du das SMG Update (ISO clean ungepatcht) bei 10-15% abbrechen Netzstecker ziehen (MP3 Trick) falls ihr vorher nicht die aktuelle Wii Firmware (3.1E) drauf habt kann eure Konsole bricken !!! - (To avoid double channels, do the MP3 trick - stop SMG Update at 10-15% - turn off the console by plugging ACDC cable))
4. SMG ISO mit dem WiiBrickBlocker 1.3 patchen - (patch SMG ISO with WiiBrickBlocker 1.3)
5. Ihr müsst eure Konsole bei SMG auf Englisch umstellen, sonst gehts nicht. - (Wii dashboard language must be set to english)
6. Brickblocked Spiel einlegen ... Spaß haben - Play and have fun

RegioFrii ist nicht notwendig - RegioFrii patch is not necessary

Sorry for my english ...

GamerGuides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply, but I ran the update on my 3.0E PAL firmware (after applying the 1.9g wiikey update), and it's working perfectly!
laugh.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

Epak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks for the reply, but I ran the update on my 3.0E PAL firmware (after applying the 1.9g wiikey update), and it's working perfectly!Â
laugh.gif
Â
grog.gif
Â
grog.gif

OK nice to hear but other users had told that they brick their console ... i have update my PAL console first ...

Where have you heard about them, do you have any links? There are people who didn't get a firmware update when they ran the game: "yes I thought it should be 3.1u but mine did the update and it says 3.0u is there a way to force the update? I do not have my wii connected to the net.." That's crazygman from afterdawn forums.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/578545

I think that all just assumed that there is a fw 3.1U update on the disc and got their Wiis updated before running the game
(and hey, can't blame them, it's the safest way)

However, I can't connect my Wii to the internet so no updating for me. I got Metroid 3 working with the unplug trick which I'm going to use for SMG too. We'll see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wsg boys