Wii keeps on bricking... again and again

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gamerjr, Feb 24, 2010.

Feb 24, 2010
  1. gamerjr
    OP

Member gamerjr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok well a few may remember me complaining about this like 3 months ago.. well the same problem exists. I have virginfied it and reinstalled everything and its bricking after a few days of me fixing. I try it again and it does the same thing. I want to know if its a software or hardware issue and is there a way to fix it... I have this feeling if i took off all of the homebrew and everything it would still do it but i want some suggestions.

Ive also tried comex NAND formatter and i dont think it works. I put the 4.0 system update in the WAD folder and it stays stuck at that screen forever. ive waited 2 hours and nothing.

Edit-
    I cannot enter HBC or Wii menu im stuck at bootmii

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    So it bricks without you doing anything? Impossible

3. gamerjr
    OP

United States
    Lol, i wish it was but it will work fine for a few days and then the next it bricks w/o me even touching IOS's or anything. I know what im talking about i know it sounds strange.

4. sYndrome13

Member sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sounds like we may be having the same problem. See my thread and let me know if your problem is similar to mine.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    wii's don't brick for no reason

install a security cam and record whoever is screwing around on your wii when you're not paying attention

6. gamerjr
    OP

United States
    Umm no, i get stuck at bootmii i cant goto HBC or Wii menu (should of said that eariler).
    Can som1 give me a more in depth tutorial of Comex nand formatter by chance?

Posts merged

Please dont criticize my words I can record my wii for a few days straight if you like as proof. but only say things that will help me.

7. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u r successfully virginizing the wii, and then following the soft-mod guide to the letter, and it works... then it keeps breaking after a few days... either u are missing some mundane detail...

or u are doing everything right and there is nothing we can do to help... we can only repeat the proper virginizing steps and softmod steps... if u are so certain u r doing all that correctly... then u need a cutting edge solution (or a different wii)... neither of which is likely to be gained from this thread

i wish u the best of luck