Hacking Wii isn't reading burnt discs...

atamask

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off I'm using Cioscorp 3.6 With rev 14 installed. All my other games have been working perfectly fine. Like Super Mario Galaxy...But I just recently downloaded a US version of Monster hunter 3 and it DID work. However it only lets me click into the title and after the game starts it creates a save file, and after that it can't continue reading the disc any further so I have to take it out. Now I did a test where i burned a previous copy of SSBB where the original disc worked. But once I re-burned it It didn't work. It made me feel a tad uneasy. See the thing is I just bought DVD+R discs and I know it's recommended to use DVD-R...but that's the thing i've used plenty of +R's before....So why isn't it working now.

Oh and on a small mental note, my wii's power button is generally yellow...not red. Is that a bad thing? OH OH....aaaaaaand If I recall...I can't reinstall the homebrew channel cuz it sadi something about it not being able to install on there? dunno have to double check.

But ANY-WHO... if I could get some enlightenment that would be great, Thanks.

cthg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets see... DVD+R will work if you change the Book Type to DVD-ROM (search somewhere how to do this).
The power light is yellow when it's doing Wiiconnect24 hold the button for 5 seconds for it to go completely off, red.
You can't install Homebrew channel because you have cioscorp. If you want to install it use DOPIOS to reinstall a trucha bug non CIOSCORP IOS..

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Bootmii/homebrew channel wont install with a 'fakesigned' IOS.

You need to either remove CIOSCORP, or as previous poster stated somewhat incorrectly,

install a NON DOP'ed (a NON trucha bugged) IOS using DOPMii.

The bootmii installer will then use that IOS to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto