Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:
TCJJ said:
I have never used a modchip and will avoid them for as long as I possibly can, especially for Wii because they are generally pointless. Of course, me saying this probably doesn't help, nor what I am about to say, because it's probably a simple idea that won't work, but would it be possible to just unsolder that hellish piece of hardware that is the modchip and put the Wii back to it's original state?

Correct, it doesn't help lol. If using pinkfish or the UUD's then a modchip will be required. Unless he can produce an orignal disk with the required update wad on it, then a modchip is his only solution if attempting savemiifrii. Also, why assume its a soldrered in hellish piece of equipment? It might be a solderless install.
I have a modchip (Wiikey) and it is soldered.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
IndianaJones also contains v386.

Let's wait for the wired Gamecube-controler. If the savemiifree does not pop up, I will be very sad.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pven said:
bazamuffin said:
TCJJ said:
I have never used a modchip and will avoid them for as long as I possibly can, especially for Wii because they are generally pointless. Of course, me saying this probably doesn't help, nor what I am about to say, because it's probably a simple idea that won't work, but would it be possible to just unsolder that hellish piece of hardware that is the modchip and put the Wii back to it's original state?

Correct, it doesn't help lol. If using pinkfish or the UUD's then a modchip will be required. Unless he can produce an orignal disk with the required update wad on it, then a modchip is his only solution if attempting savemiifrii. Also, why assume its a soldrered in hellish piece of equipment? It might be a solderless install.
I have a modchip (Wiikey) and it is soldered.

I know, I was fighting for the rights of modchippers. It's all about choice and in such circumstances as yours, modchips are at their most handy. I think trying to desolder it poses more of a risk to the wii than leaving it in. Hopefully when you get this wired pad from your buddy then you can execute savemiifrii and get sorted. I believe the pad has to be plugged into GC port 4 for it to work. If that doesn't work try port 1. Good luck

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will try and keep you informed. Thanks so far!
smile.gif

Someone else advised me to try to boot with Bootmii. When I am right, I am not able to boot it by using Bootmii since it is not booting at all?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pven said:
I will try and keep you informed. Thanks so far!
smile.gif

Someone else advised me to try to boot with Bootmii. When I am right, I am not able to boot it by using Bootmii since it is not booting at all?

From your previous post, I assumed you didn't have it installed. You can only boot wit Bootmii if you have it installed

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am not complete sure it is not installed, I played a lot to get my Wii downgraded from 4.0e to 3.2e so it could be I accidently installed it.

I am looking for bootmii-files, but all I find are hackmii-files.

Ok, I succeeded in downloading some bootmii-files. I have put them on the SD-card on the right place, but unfortunately the Wii still does not boot. A little bit strange: I see a install.log in the root of the SD-card telling met that bootmii 0.9 has been installed !?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for my curiosity could you open up this ISO with wiiscrubber and post a screen please. Also open it with regionfrii and post a screen as well. TY

Lots of ISOs are been posted as NTSC and in fact are modified PALs and vice versa. In this case you probably took an US update in which case you are pretty much screwed.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a PAL iso, at least you did not download a different systemmenu. Not sure what happend then...sorry but give savemii a try maybe that will do it.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Hmm, it's possible that you had a higher version IOS 50 that is incompatible with System Menu 3.4...

You said, you have been to 4.0, was it using a Nintendo Update?

If yes, then that's the reason of the brick...

You install 4.0 on your wii using Nintendo's update... IOS 50 gets replaced with a stub ios... (maybe waninkoko's does this too don't know)

...Whatever you are doing on your system, you don't fix that stub IOS.... Softmii and stuff...

You downgrade to 3.2, everything is fine since 3.2 uses IOS 30, it seems that the programs you used fixed that for you...

Then you update using a game disc to 3.4 which uses IOS 50, but update system detects that there is a higher version of IOS 50 and so skips the installing of IOS 50... Update installs 3.4 system menu leaving IOS 50.... Full brick... Sorry...

Possibly this is the explanation of the brick you are having...

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the explanation!

I was indeed at 4.0e, after that I downgraded to 3.2e and by inserting Ice-Age-3 I (stupidly) upgraded to 3.4e.

I do not like the term 'full brick'.
huh.gif

If freemii is not working, I will go to the guy who soldered the modchip in it. If he is not able not fix it ...
I always had the idea it is only software that can be fixed, but after reading a lot I am convinced it can be broken by using the wrong software.

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pven said:
Thanks for the explanation!

I was indeed at 4.0e, after that I downgraded to 3.2e and by inserting Ice-Age-3 I (stupidly) upgraded to 3.4e.

I do not like the term 'full brick'.
huh.gif

If freemii is not working, I will go to the guy who soldered the modchip in it. If he is not able not fix it ...
I always had the idea it is only software that can be fixed, but after reading a lot I am convinced it can be broken by using the wrong software.

before you do that try http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/uni...wii-105480.html

Didn't work for me (because I accidently removed the boot IOS (IOS60)) but might work for you.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will also try that. Thanks!

On that site they are talking about starting up and hold reset, so a preloader will occur. Is this similar to bootmii and should there something be installed before the brick?

Just curious: was your Wii fixed?

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pven said:
I will also try that. Thanks!

On that site they are talking about starting up and hold reset, so a preloader will occur. Is this similar to bootmii and should there something be installed before the brick?

Nine times out of ten if you don't remember installing bootmii then you didnt install it, for bootmii to be helpful boot2 has to be installed to boot the system...you may or may not have preloader. but if you have preloader....you can recover from that brick by downgrading. as long as you had hbc before brick you should be fine if not then the method i just replied may work..but like i said I dont know for sure it works...because my wii currently boots to nothing so not even that disk can save my wii.

NO unfortunately I either have to send my wii in or i have to buy a new one.,

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I fear Nintendo since I am quite sure they do not really like the modchip.
ph34r.gif

Maybe it helps if they see it is one of the first batches that has been sold, but I guess not.
happy.gif

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pven said:
I fear Nintendo since I am quite sure they do not really like the modchip.
ph34r.gif

Maybe it helps if they see it is one of the first batches that has been sold, but I guess not.
happy.gif

LoL up to you but in the end it isn't like they are gonna send the Piracy Police after you. They will just charge you for the repair. (so one is saying it is 85$) I was planning on calling them today...haven't quite got my lie down yet to tell them (trying to get mine fixed for free HOPEFULLY) because if I have to pay for the repair I might as well try to find a wii at the pawn shop and just be done with instead of having to call them and lie and have to pay, when they most likely wont FIX anything and just end up sending a refurbished Wii to me and I end up losing my saves anyway....but in your case you would be losing a mod chip.....and saves

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just mailed to Nintendo asking them what they do if they find a modchip in my broken Wii.

When they answer, I'll let you know.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pven said:
I just mailed to Nintendo asking them what they do if they find a modchip in my broken Wii.

When they answer, I'll let you know.

This is funny! LOL I bet you they will fix it for free.....LOL

BTW how do you know if a GC Controller is original? Thanks.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you mailed that question to nintendo lol i think they will send a hit squad round with teer gas GO! GO! GO!
yay.gif

no but really they will just say "you voided your warranty blah blah blah and will have to pay for repairs" make sure you ask how much it would cost for repairs and i think if you ask nicely they might be able to extract your saves but as for your modchip i highly doubt they will unsolder it and give it back to you
dry.gif
so i guess you've lost that.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just for the record: I did not sent the mail from my registered mail- and IP-address.
wink.gif

But indeed: my guess is I have to pay for the repair and I will loose the modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto