OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a Wiikey inside my Wii. I just inserted Ice-Age-3 and accidently approved to install an firmware-update (firmware was 3.2e). Guess what? After this the Wii is not starting anymore. I am able to turn it on by using the Wiimote, but all I get is a black screen.

Is it bricked? Help me, please?

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
ConJ said:
Do you have preloader or bootmii installed?
preloader is gone if he has change wii's firmware

Was the DVD same region your wii?
Did you interrupt the update process? (something stupid like power down)
Maybe it's time to send it to mister N...
frown.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you have a modchip you could have auto started a Game with a higher update to fix it (but im guessing ice age 3 contained the 4.0 update), i assume you downloaded a iso and burned it obviously it was from a different region (USA), if you have a game cube remote you could use savemiifrii but again it would have to be a higher firmware update from your region which isn't out yet
frown.gif
so your only two options are
1. send it to nintendo (they will charge you for it as you voided the warranty by using a mod chip
dry.gif

2. wait a possibly very long time for nintendo to bring out a higher PAL firmware update then use savemiifrii to auto start the new game containing the update and install this will fix it.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The update was not interrupted, it was finished. After it was finished the Wii should reboot automatically; it did shut down, but it did not start up.

I have a Gamecube-remote, so I can try if savemiifrii will do anything. I really do not like the idea of waiting for a newer firmware.
unsure.gif

Sending it back to mister N does not sound like a good idea, since they will not like the modchip.
blink.gif

Another nice problem: I only have Wavebird, looks like this is not going to work and I need to arrange a GBC-controler with a wire.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pven said:
What do you mean with 'pink fish'?
huh.gif

Never mind: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110871

But I guess my Wii should at least be able to start to use this?

I leeched it, burned it but the Wii does not do anything when I start it with the pink fish in it. Looks like I must use a wired GBC to do something with this?

I know its a 600mb ISO, but did you burn it to CDR rather than DVDR? Also, I think you do need a wired pad and it has be plugged into GC port 4 from what I hear. If you manage to pull off Savemiifrii, then your firmware type should show up in the bottom right. At this point insert the disk. Ive not had any reason to try this but after doing some hunting around I believe it works. If it doens't work then apparently, you can insert a game with any update and it will restore your system to that firmware version. Feel free to correct me or take the piss if I'm worng lol. Just trying to help out.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
1. Open the game iso in wiiscrubber and find the system menu wad in the update partition (it should look like RVL-WiiSystemmenu-vXXX.wad) .
If XXX there is below 385(3.4U) then you are lucky, it had possibly a 3.3 update. Obtain a game containing 3.4 update (indiana jones for example), and update using the game disc in the recovery menu.

2. If indeed Ice age contained 3.4 update then you should wait for a game with a 4.0 update... Even wii sports resorts have 3.4 so that might take some time

Regardless, still try updating using a game containing 3.4E update... since system menu version number for PAL is greater than NTSC-U counterpart you may still update using a 3.4E disc.... 386 for 3.4E and 385 for 3.4U... Not sure about this, please inform us if it succeeds.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
WiiCrazy said:
1. Open the game iso in wiiscrubber and find the system menu wad in the update partition (it should look like RVL-WiiSystemmenu-vXXX.wad) .
If XXX there is below 385(3.4U) then you are lucky, it had possibly a 3.3 update. Obtain a game containing 3.4 update (indiana jones for example), and update using the game disc in the recovery menu.

2. If indeed Ice age contained 3.4 update then you should wait for a game with a 4.0 update... Even wii sports resorts have 3.4 so that might take some time

Regardless, still try updating using a game containing 3.4E update... since system menu version number for PAL is greater than NTSC-U counterpart you may still update using a 3.4E disc.... 386 for 3.4E and 385 for 3.4U... Not sure about this, please inform us if it succeeds.

Would it be possible to replace a 3.4 update wad with a 4.0 wad, or is the game update wad different (hence the RVL suffix)? Just thinking outside the box a bit

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have never used a modchip and will avoid them for as long as I possibly can, especially for Wii because they are generally pointless. Of course, me saying this probably doesn't help, nor what I am about to say, because it's probably a simple idea that won't work, but would it be possible to just unsolder that hellish piece of hardware that is the modchip and put the Wii back to it's original state?

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiCrazy said:

It contains v386. I will look for IndianaJones and check what update is in there.

I am still waiting for a wired Gamecube-controler, I have someone who has one, now we only have to meet.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a wireless Gamecube controller and can do the savemiifrii trick. With mine I didn't had to disassemble is since I could press all four directions. It took me a couple tries (syncing it etc) but since your waiting for the other controller play a bit with it.

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will try. Thanks!

I just tried at least 30 times with my Wavebird, but did not succeed in getting the savemiifrii-stuff.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
pven said:
WiiCrazy said:

It contains v386. I will look for IndianaJones and check what update is in there.

I am still waiting for a wired Gamecube-controler, I have someone who has one, now we only have to meet.

No way it could be v386, v386 version is for 3.4E...
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

It should actually be v385 if it's indeed a NTSC-U game... Are you sure?

pven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I am really sure about this. I had the ISO on my disc and checked it with WiiScrubber.

THen it looks like something else is wrong?
blink.gif

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
TCJJ said:
I have never used a modchip and will avoid them for as long as I possibly can, especially for Wii because they are generally pointless. Of course, me saying this probably doesn't help, nor what I am about to say, because it's probably a simple idea that won't work, but would it be possible to just unsolder that hellish piece of hardware that is the modchip and put the Wii back to it's original state?

Correct, it doesn't help lol. If using pinkfish or the UUD's then a modchip will be required. Unless he can produce an orignal disk with the required update wad on it, then a modchip is his only solution if attempting savemiifrii. Also, why assume its a soldrered in hellish piece of equipment? It might be a solderless install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto