RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 2.2U as the system menu and was reinstalling IOS20 with the stub version.
I have Priiloader installed and BootMii as IOS.
I turn on the wii with really nothing! No black screen, no message, no everything!
Even when powering on and holding reset to get to the priiloader menu, still nothing.
HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP!

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time i install a theme menu my priiloader goes away so before i turn of my wii i re-install priiloader. Thats probably what happen to you

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And folks, this is why if you've got a modded Wii, always make sure you have BootMii installed as Boot2.
Did you make a NAND backup? (Even if you did, not sure how we'd restore it, but still worth checking)

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you want something to keep your door open/close, you can use now your wii :P
Just kidding, but i think its better you think in a new wii or sell it for someone to use separated parts (drive disc, case...)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why would you install Sysmenu 2.2? (taking it that you had a Wii with a Sysmenu higher then 3.0...)
And why would you install a stub IOS in one of the lower IOS slots?

I may not know much about the Wii hacking scene but I know that messing with the lower IOSses is very very bad ;p

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed 2.2U as the system menu and was reinstalling IOS20 with the stub version.
I turn on the wii with really nothing! No black screen, no message, no everything!
Even when powering on and holding reset to get to the priiloader menu, still nothing.
HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP!
well your screwed, all you have is a door stop/paper weight.
your priiloader is gone. you over wrote it when replacing the system menu. an i don't think deadly foez will be much help,(bootmii as ios, not @boot2.).
though he does have some magic he might be able to do.
why did you do this if you didn't know what you were doing. an why all the way down to 2.2.. it's not like there is a benefit to that menu.
meaning if you have bootmii at ios, then there is no way to play burned disc/dvd's... disc drive is to new.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Installing 2.2U wtf , you mean 4.2 ? either way i thought installing a new SM will kill priiloader , and if im right then your pretty well screwed , are you sure it was Bootmii as IOS and not Boot2 , check the dvd lights when you power on , do they blink twice ??

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time i install a theme menu my priiloader goes away so before i turn of my wii i re-install priiloader. Thats probably what happen to you
you wouldn't have to do all of that if you used a csm file an not a wad. wad themes are dangerous.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And folks, this is why if you've got a modded Wii, always make sure you have BootMii installed as Boot2.
Did you make a NAND backup? (Even if you did, not sure how we'd restore it, but still worth checking)
but newer wii's cant install bootmii as boot 2.

ot:
Your wii is bricked because you installed a system menu (which replaced priiloader) and installed a empty IOS (so system meny can't run).
You can try if savemiifrii can install updates for you.

and do you have a modchip? and which exploit did you use? (if you are able to launch the games directly and the exploit save file is still present, you can install everything again)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLP!
If you have your Wii keys (A BootMii backup saves these keys to SD), DeadlyFoez can flash a new NAND with Infectus.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing 2.2U wtf , you mean 4.2 ? either way i thought installing a new SM will kill priiloader , and if im right then your pretty well screwed , are you sure it was Bootmii as IOS and not Boot2 , check the dvd lights when you power on , do they blink twice ??
I mean 2.2U! I didn't know installing a stub ios could delete priiloader!
It blinks once as usual.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can't ALWAYS install BootMii on Boot2 - that's an option only on the older systems. Even if you could, PriiLoader and/or BootMii IOS is usually sufficient as long as you have a NAND backup.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You, my friend, are the proud owner of a 7.5lb plastic brick.
1. downgrading some Wii's (even doing it the right way) is an instant brick.
2. installing a system menu overwrites priiloader and you didn't have a boot2 bootmii
3. You have a stub IOS for your system menu version. Even is you did have priiloader, it runs on the same IOS as the system menu. NOTHING (not even priiloader) can run on a stub IOS.

Look at the bright side ... you bricked it just about a week after the Wii was considered obsolete from a retail standpoint anyhow. You could always use it as an excuse to get a Wii U. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps