Wii Have a Problem!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Logan, Jan 15, 2009.

Jan 15, 2009

Wii Have a Problem! by Logan at 8:49 AM (981 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Logan
    OP

Member Logan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    After me explaining how I'd installed the patched system menu and now able to play through the disc channel, an online friend decided to give his a go. However, his setup was slightly different. Where I'd already done the downgrade from 3.4E to 3.2E and have had the Gamma Launcher running before I did the sys menu patch (so basically all I had to do was install the WADs), he was still running 3.4E and had backups working via noobwarriors easy install, so he needed to downgrade and install StarFall.

He was following this guide (copy and paste from Wiiso):

So basically he followed the Step 1 to downgrade. Trouble is, I'm sure when I downgraded using Emperor of Canada's guide, there were a few more steps involved then just running cIOS downgrader.

Is this where he's gone wrong?

Because after running cIOS downgrader, his Wii was reporting 3.2E however StarFall would not load. Furthermore, when he formatted his Wii memory, the Wii would then show 3.4E!

I'm guessing that he needed to run both cIOS downgrader and the IOS downgrader?

Because now, it would seem he has a mish mash of 3.2E and 3.4E. OR he's back to 3.4E after the format?

Additionally, for some reason now when he tries to run the Twilight Hack again, it won't install the Homebrew Channel, only load WAD Manager (personally I just think he's borked his SD Card setup and needs to try again when its not 5am lol).

Any suggestions on what steps he can take to get to a vanilla 3.2E now?

2. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    get the files in my zip and follow the downgrade section - if wad manager doesnt work for installing something try custom wad manager instead , but make sure every step has DONE! at the end.

You do need both IOS and cIOS downgrader , but with the way his system is it will take a little playing about.

3. IronMask

Member IronMask Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!

United States
    I had a problem like that once and I went in and deleted ios37 with any title deleter. This fixed my problem. So maybe you could try that because IOS37 Is first to fix the signature- checking function bug..

It wasn't loading alot of games I had and I was almost thinking it was a Wii drive issue... but, I was like.. no fucking way this just came out the box.. so I started looking around at the titles and noticed this could be the problem...

So hope that helps... maybe that is whats happening in your case scenario as well.

4. Logan
    OP

Member Logan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Cheers guys, I'll pass the information on and hope he doesn't balls it up further lol [​IMG]

He was right though. For some reason, running the Twilight Hack would only boot WAD Manager! Didn't matter what was in the root of the SD Card, always WAD Manager. Odd.