Gaming wii good or bad?

walkerpool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive just brought a modded wii with 22 games i must say i think it crap can you guys tell me what all the fuss with this console is i wish id gone for a 360 now someone pleasae tell me a good game

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I enjoyed excite truck and wii sports. Wario ware isn't bad game neither is paper mario or trauma center. Most of the games on the wii are a load of rubbish. Lets just hope that the wii gets a few exclusive games that arn't ports from DS titles.

ccc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand, as I feel the same way most of time with Wii Games. Many are just too similar (ie bunch of minigames). The Wii works well so far mainly for Party-type environments. Its not really a sit down by yourself and experience the action type console. If you wanted that experience you should have really went for 360 or PS3.

I myself will be getting a PS3 by Christmas, when I will have gathered enough money for it to use as my primary console where I can sit and just enjoy the graphics and experience.

Even now I still play the PS2 way more than I do the Wii.

To completely answer your question: There are NO superb games on the Wii. I myself would recommend Zelda, Trauma Centre and Mario Strikers but if I were to rate games, NO Wii game would score over an 9/10.

CodeXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you should have done more research before just getting a console and regretting it later. for the most part the wii is a extension of the ds in terms of games. which means a lot of minigame and casual type games. the real games have yet to appear and so far its just zelda and super paper mario if youre looking for the so called quality, long lasting, hardcore games.

walkerpool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe you should have done more research before just getting a console and regretting it later. for the most part the wii is a extension of the ds in terms of games. which means a lot of minigame and casual type games. the real games have yet to appear and so far its just zelda and super paper mario if youre looking for the so called quality, long lasting, hardcore games.
the wife love's the wii and i like ds's but there's something missing thats what iam trying to findout dont ask me what it just not gotit

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
the wife loves the wii and i like ds's but there's something missing thats what i am trying to find out don't ask me what it just not got it
Well, if your wife likes it it's not a total waste of money, right? And since it's modded, you can try every game out there. I'm sure you'll find some you like. You only tried the games that the guy who sold you had. Maybe he just has a different taste in games, and that's all.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's no GREAT/AWESOME games YET, but zelda is pretty good. And don't buy xbox360, it sucks kkthxbye.

PS
What did you expect form a console what costs same as portable consoles? Actually i payed more of my psp at the launch date than what i payed for wii. But it's still a good console.

walkerpool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no GREAT/AWESOME games YET, but zelda is pretty good. And don't buy xbox360, it sucks kkthxbye.

PS
What did you expect form a console what costs same as portable consoles? Actually i payed more of my psp at the launch date than what i payed for wii. But it's still a good console.
mine cost 250 modded with 20 games i dont know if thats a good price or not

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there're also some good gamecube games u can play on the wii
tongue.gif

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And don't buy xbox360, it sucks kkthxbye.

You, My friend, Have lost your mind....
wtf.gif

Yeah, The games are coming. Look for SSBB, MP3, Galaxy if that is your type of thing, ME? Im looking for Medal of Honor Heroes 2 with 32 players online. If your looking for serious IP projects then you chose the wrong console, I wouldn't expect those on wii for about a year from now.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The system is good then game aren't, but then again the 360 isn't good but the games are it just depends on how much u like the games to buy the system their on. Whatever you do don't buy a ps3 it had it's time in the 90's, but now those days are officially over. Psx will always be their best system that they will ever have, and the lack of original games like the old days is what's killing off any real interest in the system.

P.S seriously the only real reason to have any of the expensive systems is to mod them, but their not even worth that.

walkerpool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The system is good then game aren't, but then again the 360 isn't good but the games are it just depends on how much u like the games to buy the system their on. Whatever you do don't buy a ps3 it had it's time in the 90's, but now those days are officially over. Psx will always be their best system that they will ever have, and the lack of original games like the old days is what's killing off any real interest in the system.

P.S seriously the only real reason to have any of the expensive systems is to mod them, but their not even worth that.

i think your spot on m8
bow.gif

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, finally. Coming up on a year after purchase and there are no Wii games out or on the horizon that I want even try. I own Twilight princess (which I wish I bought for the GC) and Resident Evil 4 (which I wouldn't have purchased if I didn't want to see the new bonus content or if it was over $30). Note that those are both GC titles. Wii sports has never been in the system. Everything else I tried didn't last more than a few minutes. If you hate mini game collections or being confined by the controller, the Wii is not for you. In all these months since I got it at launch, I've personally logged maybe 60 hours on the thing. Maybe.

In short, any game that makes me aim, tilt or shake that remote loses serious points since it has not been responsive or reliable enough. The most joy I'll be getting out if it will be selling it this winter.

philco1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go for a PS3 but if ur really interested in supporting Microsoft then I'd wait till the HDMI ports go on the 360 bundle pack. The only real reason why there arent many games for the PS3 is b/c the dev packages were released late and its actually friggin hard to code a game for the PS3 due to its architecture. Give the PS3 another year and it'll crush the 360. LOL a few of my friends wanna all buy PS3's and we are gonna make a PS3 cluster
biggrin.gif
Most of the greatest games ever created were for the PSX and PS2 so what makes u think that the PS3 will be robbed? Personally I feel that the PS3 was released to early. Sony should have released it in September/October of this year. The Wii is just a fad people ... If you are a true gamer then you will get bored of the Wii extremely fast. Also I still don't understand why people freak out on console prices ... If the console has great games then I don't see why people aren't willing to shell out another 200 bux to get a great system. Gaming consoles have a lifespan of 4-6 years and $200 over 4-6 years is NOTHING!

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea...the wii is a total fad....I mean look at all the hype the DS had and now its the worst selling system of all time.....::Rollseyes::

That was sarcasm for those who were unaware, Sure I DON'T Like swinging my hands in Zelda however trauma center, excite truck, paper Pario, Wii Sports, ect were all great games

LOL I love this whole hardcore gamer thing.....I have no "real job" so since pretty much 1996 when I no longer was going to school I was gaming.....I literally would fall asleep at 7 am playing games like SOTN on the Playstation and wake up to continue playing where I left off (If I didn't die) (I'd usually fall asleep at reading screens) So now, again at 28 with no real job besides the company I run I play video games all I want.....and I play a lot...You could call me a hardcore gamer, I call me an addict...and so when people say the wii is not for hardcore gamers....well I think when I play my wii for 3 days strait trying to get an S rank on Trauma Center or the obvious of having Wii Tennis parties every weekend....well its hitting the hardcore audience.

I do think the Wii has its flaws....Zelda was a bit gimicky....but hey it was a ported wii game....I am eager to see what the future holds.

Oh yea, and I love the 360 so if the wii doesn't float your boat the 360 may....plus its got puzzle fighter in HD for you and your gf to play

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
The good thing about having a modded Wii is that you also have access to the substantial back-catalogue of gamecube games. Try finding some gamecube games, there are 20 or so essential GC games and the images are much smaller (if you are of the leeching persuasion) and/or second-hand games are much cheaper.

Other than that, most of the games I have really enjoyed on my wii have been mentioned.

For some just plain fun and intuitive gameplay try out kororinpa. For a good preview of just how handy and enjoyable motion-sensing can be (and will be on future games), give RE4Wii a shot!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok guys its on ebay now lol new topic what do i buy a xbox306 or a ps3 need your help thanks
Metroid Prime 3 comes out in less that 3 weeks, you sir are a fool.

only thing stupider you could do is get a PS3.

Now, I haven't played the wii in a while, last play was a few hours on RE4, the last time I played 360 was atleast 3 months ago.
I'm not a big console gamer, but you have to be a moron to atleast not see the potential in the Wii, the same type of morons who didn't see the potential in the DS during it's first year when seemingly every game relied on a gimmick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo