Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Lame month. A single good game? Woah.

Monster hunter tri looked interesting until I saw how incredibly bad the gameplay mechanics were done. So that ruined any chance of me trying it.

Sin and Punishment looks pretty cool. Will have to give that a download. The main characters look lame though, lol. But that's my only complaint.
You mean like the gameplay mechanics every other MH game has used? Honestly, why do people get disappointed so late when they could have just looked at gameplay from a previous game in the series. Me? I love Monster Hunter...but to be honest, I would have rather had it on PS3...and kept dual swords.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seraph said:
Hells Malice said:

Monster hunter tri looked interesting until I saw how incredibly bad the gameplay mechanics were done. So that ruined any chance of me trying it.

Sin and Punishment looks pretty cool. Will have to give that a download. The main characters look lame though, lol. But that's my only complaint.
You mean like the gameplay mechanics every other MH game has used? Honestly, why do people get disappointed so late when they could have just looked at gameplay from a previous game in the series. Me? I love Monster Hunter...but to be honest, I would have rather had it on PS3...and kept dual swords.

Have you SEEN the mechanics? They look sluggish and outdated compared to games of a similar style. In terms of the series, i've only ever seen monster hunter tri, so this isn't a good thing to hear if it's always been like this (should have been fixed by now).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:

Yeah, this month does kinda blow. Next month is pretty good though, probably the best Wii month so far (well, June might beat it with Arc Rise Fantasia and Metroid: Other M).

Monster Hunter 3 looks alright. I'll play it when it comes out if I'm not too absorbed into my Xbox.

Already played Sin and Punishment. And yeah, the main characters do look pretty lame. I mean, what the fuck, he's using a soccer ball on his back to fly? WHAT THE FUCK.

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
The mechanics in MH3 is part of its charm, you can't just smash lots of buttons and then run away, you need to learn how to move, dodge and fight to survive.
MH3 was the first MH game I had ever heard of also, but I have a PSP so I went and got the older games and they're also lots of fun, but playing online will be a smash!
biggrin.gif

MH3 will probably keep me busy for months and months to come, screw Galaxy 2!
I want more online coop games!!
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

Meh. This month is rather mediocre. May is going to be awesome, though.

Super Mario Galaxy 2!

cacildo

Went and came back
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Love these threads. Congrats to the author.

About the month of april? Sorry, that monster hunter tri demo was pretty horrible. I dont think i will magically fall in love with the game if it has anything to do with that piece of crap demo.

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
Was looking forward to the 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa game, but if it's got the same gameplay as FIFA 10 it sucks.

I hate the 'flicking' on free kicks and stuff. I just want to play the game normally and BEND IT LIKE BECKHAM!
tongue.gif

Sigh, if FIFA 11 is the same as this, I'm making the switch to PES.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This month it's boring, but I'll buy MH3 and maybe Sin and PUnishment when it's release in June

and June will be the month with topic: "Mario Galaxy 2 help, won't work.. " and hackers will be very active to eliminate the new copy protection!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmariachi said:
that's why buying a game once and then isn't that bad, at least you can play it when it comes out
biggrin.gif
Its one game I'll buy without even trying it, even if its only a quarter as good as the first I'll buy it. Sadly Nintendo aren't releasing it here for a couple of months later.

rakichaneru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Seraph said:
Hells Malice said:

Have you SEEN the mechanics? They look sluggish and outdated compared to games of a similar style. In terms of the series, i've only ever seen monster hunter tri, so this isn't a good thing to hear if it's always been like this (should have been fixed by now).

Just because you don't understand how to play doesn't mean the mechanics are bad. They haven't been 'fixed' because they're meant to be the way they are. MH is not a hack and slash action game where you run around at the speed of light with a sword twice your size and kill things in 2 seconds. It's a slower and more strategic type of action game where you have to think about what you're doing and commit to your attacks.

90% of the people who whine about MH are people who have never played it or only tried it once and didn't bother trying to learn to play, it's really quite sad.

By the way it's already well on track to become the best selling third party core game on the Wii with over 70k pre-orders at last count. That's already twice what Madworld sold the first week.

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Monster Hunter is a real love or hate thing...
Either you love the mechanics and how it plays, or you just hate it to death.
Personally I'm in love with it, really looking forward to the MHTri release.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rakichaneru said:
Hells Malice said:
Seraph said:
Hells Malice said:

Just because you don't understand how to play doesn't mean the mechanics are bad. They haven't been 'fixed' because they're meant to be the way they are. MH is not a hack and slash action game where you run around at the speed of light with a sword twice your size and kill things in 2 seconds. It's a slower and more strategic type of action game where you have to think about what you're doing and commit to your attacks.

90% of the people who whine about MH are people who have never played it or only tried it once and didn't bother trying to learn to play, it's really quite sad.

By the way it's already well on track to become the best selling third party core game on the Wii with over 70k pre-orders at last count. That's already twice what Madworld sold the first week.

Don't understand? You're a joke dude. There's a single attack button, and what, a dodge button? (or block sometimes, but you have dodge...just dodge)
There isn't anything to know, and that's one of the reason it's crappy and out dated.
It IS a hack and slash RPG because all you do is hack and slash.
*slash slash slash* "T REX PREPARING TO ATTACK, DO A BARREL ROLL" *slash slash slash*
Holy god damn best mechanics ever!

Crisis Core already did it the same, and did it better. Mainly because besides the slash -> dodge roll mechanics, you had ABILITIES (skills). So you aren't doing the same god damn thing over and over all game, besides roll-dodging.

There is NOTHING strategic about slashing until the monster is about to attack, at which point you DO A BARREL ROLL out of the way, and then resume slashing.

It sells because people like simplistic games they can pretend are s00pr h4rdk0re stat1gy. Kids like dinosaurs, the Wii lacks RPGs, and some people fail to notice how simple and easy-to-be-boring the mechanics are. I think a lot of people buying the game will hate themselves after a week or less when they realize how boring the game gets.

All they needed was to add some abilities or skills and the game would be great. But sadly, it's a mindless hack slash and barrel roll. A lot of good gameplay is ruined by such a simple thing to add in.
So, enjoy. But don't sell me an outhouse and tell me its the Taj Mahal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up