Hacking Wii Game Manager

dctravis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just realized that it does not rename the isos on the drive, but only in the list. Would it be possible to in the next update make it to where when you sync the hard drive you can change the game names according to the title text file?

DMzda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The program is developed in vb2008 Express, and no I would be embarrassed to show my messy source. This is my first .NET application, so until I clean up the source code to be presentable I will keep it to myself.

Ed

ps. Each routine in this program is hacked together until it works the way I want it to. I spend alot of time with Google researching how to make VB do what I want. Most every routine is written wholly by me with a few exceptions. A couple of the classes I use came from various sources, like the print preview class. (I think that one was originally a C# class that I converted to VB)
OK then. I am starting out in VB.net, and I am trying to find some interesting code examples for something useful. Thanks anyway.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dctravis said:
Hey, I just realized that it does not rename the isos on the drive, but only in the list. Would it be possible to in the next update make it to where when you sync the hard drive you can change the game names according to the title text file?

I am working on a rename function, as long as there are no problems with it, it will be in the next major release

Ed

K

Kurisuellegarden

I'm not sure if there is a way to do this, but I want to add cover data to the games already on my hard drive.

The data is saved to the hard drive right? The covers (flat, 3d, full, game description). I can't figure out how to add it.
frown.gif
It's bugging me. Can someone help me?

Nickman87

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Indeed a very useful tool to sync my games.

Only thing I am missing is an option to load a WBFS drive on the left, and a certain folder on my computer on the right so I can easily access both of them at the same time. That would make copying games between two drives allot easier!
Also, the renaming feature of the .wbfs files would be very nice, that way I can finally see all the games I have by title
biggrin.gif

If you are interested I could try and implement these features myself if you agree to give out the source that is
smile.gif
. I am a programmer too and would like to get some practice in VB.net. But if you don’t want to, I can understand
wink.gif

Keep up the good work!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Nickman87 said:
Only thing I am missing is an option to load a WBFS drive on the left, and a certain folder on my computer on the right so I can easily access both of them at the same time. That would make copying games between two drives allot easier!

Good idea.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kurisuellegarden said:
I'm not sure if there is a way to do this, but I want to add cover data to the games already on my hard drive.

The data is saved to the hard drive right? The covers (flat, 3d, full, game description). I can't figure out how to add it.
frown.gif
It's bugging me. Can someone help me?
Covers can be stored wherever you choose. There is an option called cover paths in the options menu. Once you set your cover paths, you can use the download features of the program to save them to that location. The program can/will download whatever covers you choose based on the currently displayed game list.

As far as the XML data, that is still not finished and is not saved anywhere, there is a single XML file called wiitdb.xml in the application directory(provided you downloaded it) that has this information in it.

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nickman87 said:
Indeed a very useful tool to sync my games.

Also, the renaming feature of the .wbfs files would be very nice, that way I can finally see all the games I have by title
biggrin.gif

If you are interested I could try and implement these features myself if you agree to give out the source that is
smile.gif
. I am a programmer too and would like to get some practice in VB.net. But if you don’t want to, I can understand
wink.gif

Keep up the good work!

I am looking into alternative display formats, however I am running into a bit of problems as it breaks many things.
Renaming is in the works.

We can discuss the other if you are really interested, contact me on msn messenger, [email protected]

Ed

K

Kurisuellegarden

I can't tell it to save on my wbfs drive, but I know that I've transferred a game to one of the wbfs drives WITH a cover once, but I think I have to download the covers first then transfer for it to work. What I'm trying to do is add the covers now to the games already on the wbfs drive. x_x Get what I mean? I can't set the location to my wbfs drive because it's not read by windows so I can't set the folder path in there.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kurisuellegarden said:
I can't tell it to save on my wbfs drive, but I know that I've transferred a game to one of the wbfs drives WITH a cover once, but I think I have to download the covers first then transfer for it to work. What I'm trying to do is add the covers now to the games already on the wbfs drive. x_x Get what I mean? I can't set the location to my wbfs drive because it's not read by windows so I can't set the folder path in there.

I am not aware of any way to transfer images to a partition that is formatted as WBFS.

Ed

Posts merged

QUOTE(dctravis @ Jan 15 2010, 02:09 PM) wait, so you can add the images to the wbfs drive? Maybe I read the above wrong?

Not that I know of

Ed

Abemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Great application! Very useful and easy to use. I just have one stupid question since I'm very new to this stuff. I have a lot of burned ISO:s on DVD discs, what is the best way to transfer these to my USB drive that is formated as WBFS?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edit: Ignore my question. It was very easy using USB Loader GX!

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Abemaster said:
Great application! Very useful and easy to use. I just have one stupid question since I'm very new to this stuff. I have a lot of burned ISO:s on DVD discs, what is the best way to transfer these to my USB drive that is formated as WBFS?

Actually this was not a bad question at all, I am adding Wii DVD to to the program as it is now supports by wbfs_file. So in future versions you will be able to transfer your already backed up to dvd games back to the PC. Unfortunately this does not work with Wii Original Discs, but hey, it's a start
wink.gif

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have made some small additions to the language files to accomodate for a few items I missed and for some new items I am adding, I have used google translate to convert them to the various languages. Hopefully the formatting is not too terrible
smile.gif

The new files will be available for download when I release the next version.

Ed

Abemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
Abemaster said:

Actually this was not a bad question at all, I am adding Wii DVD to to the program as it is now supports by wbfs_file. So in future versions you will be able to transfer your already backed up to dvd games back to the PC. Unfortunately this does not work with Wii Original Discs, but hey, it's a start
wink.gif

Ed

Sounds great!

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed you added the hit a letter and it goes to it but it does it for title id and not theactual title. and Okami still shows up as Kami

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye