XP
Country
Hong Kong
Test 2 :

Phase 2

.wbfs -> ISO
.wbfs -> WBFS drive -> ISO

Result :

The two ISO generated are identical to those generated by wbfs_file.exe. PERFECT.

Edit : I made a mistake. The result is corrected.

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Although I replied this as a PM, I'm copying it also here as it might interest someone else too...:

QUOTE said:
I know what happened. I did the wrong test. What I actually did is :
(original) ISO -> .wbfs -> ISO
(original) ISO -> WBFS drive -> ISO
The two ISO created are not identical.

Aha yes if you did that it is expected, reason is different block size, let me give an example...
Let's say the original disc looks like this:

D###,####,#DDD,D###,####,....

Where each letter is 1MB and D is data while # is garbage.
commas are delimiting 4MB blocks just for easier understanding
Putting such ISO to a WBFS partition with a 4MB block size and converting back to .iso will result in this:

D###,____,#DDD,D###,____,....

Where _ means zeroed out blocks. So you see that garbage that is inside 4mb blocks is retained.
converting the original ISO to .wbfs will use a 2MB scrubbing block size and the converted iso to .wbfs and back to iso will look like this:

D#__,____,#DDD,D#__,____,....

Here more garbage is scrubbed and replaced with zeroes, that is why there is a difference.
The same result will be obtained if the original iso is scrubbed with wbfs_file and -u 2 option.
If intead -u 1 option is used then the scrubbing block is just 1 wii sector so completely all garbage will be removed and the scrubbed iso will look like this:

D___,____,_DDD,D___,____,....

If such an iso is passed to .wbfs or WBFS and back to iso it will always result in the same iso.
So maybe an option could be added to always completely zero the garbage data when copying to .wbfs / WBFS. It might make sense, but i think in past the reason for not removing all garbage data was the inability of libwbfs to detect all the used data blocks, until wiimm (afaik) fixed that problem in libwbfs.
Maybe I could make wbfs_file option -u take effect when writing to .wbfs files or WBFS partitions as well, not sure if there is much interest in that... at the moment it is possible to do if the iso is fully scrubbed first and then copied to wbfs.
Another thing to note is that libwbfs will fill the garbage with zeroed out blocks wile WiiScrubber will fill them with the value 0xFF.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I have some suggestions for your software:

-Being able to save default drive letter (and destination folder) to export .iso. For example I'm choosing letter G: and saving it. Next time I'm browsing .iso of my computer I could click on a single button to automatically convert game into .wbfs and export it into: G:/wbfs/Nameofgame/
Rather than having to browse my G:/wbfs folder each time (lazy me;)).

-Detect if hard disk is FAT32 in order to disable saving more than 4GB wbfs file and automatically split them. (By the way, what is the difference between split 2gb and 4gb? Both work on FAT32 drive, don't they?)

-Add option to be able to translate the software itself.
-Better drive browsing (showing supported files such as .iso, .wbfs, and maybe zip, .rar and, .part.rar)

-Add format drive option: FAT32 or WBFS (for FAT32 maybe integrate fat32format/fat32format GUI).

-Add option to extract RAR (like Wii Backup Manager).

You may already have some of those features in my mind, but as I couldn't find any "To-do list" I prefered write about it.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Being able to save default drive letter (and destination folder) to export .iso. For example I'm choosing letter G: and saving it. Next time I'm browsing .iso of my computer I could click on a single button to automatically convert game into .wbfs and export it into: G:/wbfs/Nameofgame/
Rather than having to browse my G:/wbfs folder each time (lazy me;)).
Already done

QUOTE said:
-Detect if hard disk is FAT32 in order to disable saving more than 4GB wbfs file and automatically split them. (By the way, what is the difference between split 2gb and 4gb? Both work on FAT32 drive, don't they?)
I'll look into it
QUOTE said:
-Add option to be able to translate the software itself.
As in translation of the text displayed on the menus? That is on my list
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
-Better drive browsing (showing supported files such as .iso, .wbfs, and maybe zip, .rar and, .part.rar)
Can you elaborate more on what you are after...I assume you mean showing what files are in the selected directory when browsing for a folder, yes?
-Add format drive option: FAT32 or WBFS (for FAT32 maybe integrate fat32format/fat32format GUI).
The code for formatting is in place, I won't activate it until I am sure it won't accidentally format the wrong drive
smile.gif

CODE
-Add option to extract RAR (like Wii Backup Manager).
This is a licensing issue, rar is not a free format, I need to research more before I add such support

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Game Manager Version 1.3 has been released
It can be found on the first post

Changes to version 1.3
Added the ability to resize the form to be larger or maximized. This may distort the background image and it will be out of proportion. I am looking into fixing this.
Added last path and default path settings so you don't have to navigate the the same path on each open. The program will default to the last path opened, if it does not exist it will attempt to use the default path setting, if that fails i will use the default internal path.
Added remember last window size and position.
Added full window size list for any theme when "None" is selected for cover display
Fixed download selected missing full covers, it didn't do anything in previous versions
Changed titles.txt read function to better support multi-language operation systems and better support for invalid characters
Fixed Total games and location did not display properly when using "Open WBFS Partition"
Added Initial sort by game title on list population
Added preliminary support for wiitdb.xml (Double click an item in the list to get the synopsis)
Added the ability to download wiitdb.zip and unzip the xml file
Renamed titles menu to Titles & XML
Although I have added preliminary support for custom themes, it has been disabled until I can get the code working correctly
Added byte counter to downloads and proper handling of non-resumable downloads
Fixed: Sorting the queue has been disabled as it breaks the functionality
Added some preliminary handling of the queue, you can cancel any process marked as "Queued". Still no handling of an active process until I can do some further testing. This is still preliminary so it does not handle removeing a single item if the index changes. ie: you don't click before the current item finishes processing.
Added support for custom titles. This was originally coded in Simple WBFS File Manager and has beed added to this program.
Fixed some dialog boxes would be cut in half on certain computers (probably due to foreign language OS)

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
pccfatman said:
As in translation of the text displayed on the menus? That is on my list
smile.gif

Yes, that's it, I may provide you some French translation after
wink2.gif

pccfatman said:
Can you elaborate more on what you are after...I assume you mean showing what files are in the selected directory when browsing for a folder, yes?
Yes that's what I mean.

QUOTE(pccfatman @ Jan 2 2010, 12:45 AM)
The code for formatting is in place, I won't activate it until I am sure it won't accidentally format the wrong drive
smile.gif
You are right it's more secure to do so.

ringwurm1984

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how about the option to print the list? sorry if ti exsists or some one already mentioned . thanks though. its a great program. also it wont remember my path settings am i doing something wrong? im running win 7 pro loading the info off my 1tb hdd partioned into fat32, wbfs, and ntfs

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pccfatman said:
Wii Game Manager Version 1.3 has been released
It can be found on the first post

Changes to version 1.3
Added the ability to resize the form to be larger or maximized. This may distort the background image and it will be out of proportion. I am looking into fixing this.
Added last path and default path settings so you don't have to navigate the the same path on each open. The program will default to the last path opened, if it does not exist it will attempt to use the default path setting, if that fails i will use the default internal path.
Added remember last window size and position.
Added full window size list for any theme when "None" is selected for cover display
Fixed download selected missing full covers, it didn't do anything in previous versions
Changed titles.txt read function to better support multi-language operation systems and better support for invalid characters
Fixed Total games and location did not display properly when using "Open WBFS Partition"
Added Initial sort by game title on list population
Added preliminary support for wiitdb.xml (Double click an item in the list to get the synopsis)
Added the ability to download wiitdb.zip and unzip the xml file
Renamed titles menu to Titles & XML
Although I have added preliminary support for custom themes, it has been disabled until I can get the code working correctly
Added byte counter to downloads and proper handling of non-resumable downloads
Fixed: Sorting the queue has been disabled as it breaks the functionality
Added some preliminary handling of the queue, you can cancel any process marked as "Queued". Still no handling of an active process until I can do some further testing. This is still preliminary so it does not handle removeing a single item if the index changes. ie: you don't click before the current item finishes processing.
Added support for custom titles. This was originally coded in Simple WBFS File Manager and has beed added to this program.
Fixed some dialog boxes would be cut in half on certain computers (probably due to foreign language OS)

get an error while downloading it

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ringwurm1984 said:
how about the option to print the list? sorry if ti exsists or some one already mentioned . thanks though. its a great program. also it wont remember my path settings am i doing something wrong? im running win 7 pro loading the info off my 1tb hdd partioned into fat32, wbfs, and ntfs

Are you strarting the program as administrator, the program will have unpredictable results if not

I thought about the ability to print the list and abandoned it in favor of export to csv, which can be printed with formatting options

DanWiiffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Awsome work, pccfatman!

v1.3 does almost everything that i want
smile.gif
Kudos

There are a couple of features that i still would like to see.

-Support for cISO (compressed iso files) and like others rar files (but jDownloader already decompresses them automatically so it's no biggy).
-Right click rename and Batch Rename all to WiiTBD titles. (this one can be tricky because of diff languages)
-Further support for WiiTDB info (like multiplayer, and control support, etc... take as much advantage as you can from the fields in that file.
-Display both cover and disc images (this one is quite simple). Pretty Plz!

Also, it would be cool if the game info was in the same panel that the game list is on, but with the tasks taking over so much space i understand the need to change it to a diff panel. Overall i am happy with the interface though i would change a few things, i am sure that you will keep refining it. Thanks for all your hard work.
cool.gif

PS: I don't know if this is a bug but in when you click on a title to go to synopsis it does not show the cover anymore. It would be cool to show cover and disc on this tab.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanWiiffy said:
Awsome work, pccfatman!

v1.3 does almost everything that i want
smile.gif
Kudos

There are a couple of features that i still would like to see.

-Support for cISO (compressed iso files
-Right click rename and Batch Rename all to WiiTBD titles. (this one can be tricky because of diff languages)
-Further support for WiiTDB info (like multiplayer, and control support, etc... take as much advantage as you can from the fields in that file.
-Display both cover and disc images (this one is quite simple). Pretty Plz!

Also, it would be cool if the game info was in the same panel that the game list is on, but with the tasks taking over so much space i understand the need to change it to a diff panel. Overall i am happy with the interface though i would change a few things, i am sure that you will keep refining it. Thanks for all your hard work.
cool.gif

Ciso support will not happen unless it is added to wbfs_file.exe by Oggzee as this program uses that for conversion functions

I will look into rename functions

Further xml info is coming, just parsing the xml in the fist place was a challenge for me as I have never done it before
smile.gif
I'll suck out all the info I can

I will add displaying both cover images to my list of things to do

As far as the info being on the same panel, I will look into some different view options, no promises tho

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
get an error while downloading it

No idea why this happens sometimes, just downloading again usually fixes the problem. If tray a couple times and still can't get it, pm me and I send it to ya.

Ed

DanWiiffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ed,

I don't know if this is a bug but in when you click on a title to go to synopsis it does not show the cover anymore. It would be cool to show cover and disc on this tab.

I see wbfs_file.exe restricts you from doing certain tasks, supporting certain formats.

Ahh parsing xml files and presenting them is my bread and butter, it's a great skill to learn!

I was thinking about doing a GUI in Mono for Wiimms WBFS Tool, because it supports some interesting stuff like File Checks, Recover (planned), Disk sync, etc... and that way i would have the sme tool in linux and win, but it also does not support ciso files.

Yours is pretty good, and i don't have weeks to spare doing this, because it's not the main taks that consumes time, it's the refinements.... have you ever considered switching to WWT?

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanWiiffy said:
Ed,

I don't know if this is a bug but in when you click on a title to go to synopsis it does not show the cover anymore. It would be cool to show cover and disc on this tab.

I see wbfs_file.exe restricts you from doing certain tasks, supporting certain formats.

Ahh parsing xml files and presenting them is my bread and butter, it's a great skill to learn!

I was thinking about doing a GUI in Mono for Wiimms WBFS Tool, because it supports some interesting stuff like File Checks, Recover (planned), Disk sync, etc... and that way i would have the sme tool in linux and win, but it also does not support ciso files.

Yours is pretty good, and i don't have weeks to spare doing this, because it's not the main taks that consumes time, it's the refinements.... have you ever considered switching to WWT?

The cover not showing is expected as that is just preliminary support for the info pane and will change when I figure out how I want to lay it out

Why would I switch to wwt? this is a gui for wbfs_file. That's why I wrote it in the first place

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

With 1.3 version I can't change language title anymore, is it normal?

Maybe you should add some way to detect computer's keyboard language and set it as title language.

An other great feature would be to automatically update the software, but it will require some server…

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
Hi!

With 1.3 version I can't change language title anymore, is it normal?

Maybe you should add some way to detect computer's keyboard language and set it as title language.

An other great feature would be to automatically update the software, but it will require some server…

I'll look into the title language problem
Found the problem, i'll release the fix in the next version. Sorry about that

I looked at auto update, I dont think it gonna happen, best I can probably do there is open a link to this thread

DanWiiffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
The cover not showing is expected as that is just preliminary support for the info pane and will change when I figure out how I want to lay it out

Why would I switch to wwt? this is a gui for wbfs_file. That's why I wrote it in the first place

Ok.

WWT has a few features that wbfs_file does not, it can run on both linux and windows, has integrity checks and other stuff and it would be basically switching the commands, but i understand.

.ciso has no advantage over sparse iso, some websites use it almost exclusively though. it's a not an issue forget i brought it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge