Hacking Wii Game Manager

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I hope the manager can pass the following test.

Phase 1

ISO -> .wbfs -> WBFS drive -> .wbfs
ISO -> WBFS drive -> .wbfs

Compare the 3 .wbfs files.

Phase 2

.wbfs -> ISO
WBFS drive -> ISO

Compare all ISOs (including original).

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
In order for us to do this we would need to be able to open two locations. Also did you remove sorting by title id and name? You should return that feature.

Yea, I forgot the sort feature....it slipped my mind, I will fix it, the code is already in place I just forgot to turn it on, sorry

As for opening 2 locations, I think I will make a menu option to compare the current list to an existing drive or folder, at that time it will ask you for the drive/location and compare it. Then select all items that are not on that drive/folder. No real need to have both lists open at the same time that way.

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
Test :

Transferring game - New Super Mario Bros. Wii

ISO -> .wbfs -> WBFS drive

Result:

ISO -> .wbfs OK
.wbfs -> WBFS drive Fail

no game transferred to WBFS drive.

I will do more testing on this feature, I have had no problems in my testing but there may be a problem there that I didn't see. I'll get back to you

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
TeenTin said:
ISO -> .wbfs OK
.wbfs -> WBFS drive Fail
Might as well be a problem with wbfs_file tool, if that is the case I will fix it.
I don't think it is a problem with wbfs_file, I will do some more testing and let you know the results, thanks

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who don't like the new themes, I have added a couple of basic themes(white and sky blue) Which look similar to the others and display covers. I have also added a basic white and a basic gray that will remove cover display and make the list take up all the space that the covers previously used.
They are boring and functional
frown.gif

They will be available in the next version

Ed

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
oggzee said:
TeenTin said:
ISO -> .wbfs OK
.wbfs -> WBFS drive Fail
Might as well be a problem with wbfs_file tool, if that is the case I will fix it.

It seems the manager try to start the transfer, but stop immediately.
Usually the cause of this is that the game already exists on the WBFS partition, it will not overwrite a game on a WBFS Partition, nor does it currently test for it, I will add that to my list of things to do

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
For those of you who don't like the new themes, I have added a couple of basic themes(white and sky blue) Which look similar to the others and display covers. I have also added a basic white and a basic gray that will remove cover display and make the list take up all the space that the covers previously used.
frown.gif

Ed

instead of having the .exe 3.5MB+ you could try having themes as an external source with what ever folder the .exe resides
and have themes as a .png source and themename.ini, then the ppl who want themes can have them and ppl who dont can use a plain skin if needed, then if possible get deakphreak to sort you out with a section at http://wii.spiffy360.com/ for the communty to make appliable themes

e.g

/Wii Game Manager.exe
/themes/
/themes/mario/
/themes/mario/background.png
/themes/mario/config.ini

its only a suggestion and may even reduce the size of the .exe

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
pccfatman said:
frown.gif

Ed

instead of having the .exe 3.5MB+ you could try having themes as an external source with what ever folder the .exe resides
and have themes as a .png source and themename.ini, then the ppl who want themes can have them and ppl who dont can use a plain skin if needed, then if possible get deakphreak to sort you out with a section at http://wii.spiffy360.com/ for the communty to make appliable themes

e.g

/Wii Game Manager.exe
/themes/
/themes/mario/
/themes/mario/background.png
/themes/mario/config.ini

its only a suggestion and may even reduce the size of the .exe

I had originally intended to code it this way and may add that in the future.
Basically I wanted the app to be all inclusive, hence I researched for 2 weeks on how to properly embed wbfs_file.exe into my app and call it at runtime if it wasnt there. So my choice to embed the files in the app was based on keeping as few files on the users system as needed. That way there was no need for an installer, extra downloads etc. A user could just download one file and run it and the program would do the rest.

There are alot of transparent items that could easily be hidden by the wrong choice in background image. ie: the menu at the top has a transparent background and black text therefore adding a dark colored picture to the form would result in virtually invisible text.
This could easily be avoided however, it would just require me figuring out what colors had to change, what images and so forth. It could also be easily broken by adding invalid images or invalid values to the theme. I suppose I could make it popup a message giving the reason the theme failed and the invalid values that caused it...hhmmmm dunno, Ill add it to my list somewhere

I didnt't feel that the application would be so popular as to go to custom skins
wink.gif

Ed

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
frown.gif

Ed
boring and functional just how i like it sweet seems to be coming along nicely i havent had a problem yet just cant sparse and if i want to stop something it wont stop until its finished even if i want to actually stop that process maybe a popup are you sure u want to stop this process...?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice app, ill have to get home to play about with it , but good work on it Ed.

If you do decide to go with the skinning version let me know and ill throw the skins and app up on wiiboxart.com with an ability for people to add in new skins

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
It won't read my USB Drive. It picks it up, but doesn't read it.

What is the format of the drive, ntfs, fat, WBFS?

For ntfs or fat you need to use open .wbfs or open .iso
for WBFS "Partition/Drive" you need to use open WBFS Partition

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
Hatsu said:

It is WBFS. I tried that. Didn't work.

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Nice app, ill have to get home to play about with it , but good work on it Ed.

If you do decide to go with the skinning version let me know and ill throw the skins and app up on wiiboxart.com with an ability for people to add in new skins
I am looking into this, I'll let ya know

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
pccfatman said:
Hatsu said:

It is WBFS. I tried that. Didn't work.

try using the wbfs_file command line app
Use: wbfs_file.exe x: ls - Where x: is your wbfs drive letter

Post the output, does it list your games or something else?

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bert02 said:
pccfatman said:
frown.gif

Ed
boring and functional just how i like it sweet seems to be coming along nicely i havent had a problem yet just cant sparse and if i want to stop something it wont stop until its finished even if i want to actually stop that process maybe a popup are you sure u want to stop this process...?

I am aware that you can't currently stop a process in progress, I am debugging that function, it had some problems in my tests so I disabled it before release. It should be fixed soon.

As far as sparse, wbfs_file.exe outputs sparse files by default, the only non sparse function at the moment is the copy/move functions. All iso files are output as sparse when converted/extracted

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wbfs_file 2.6 should fix the problem of copying .wbfs files to WBFS partitions.
wbfs_file.exe can be copied to the game manager directory and it will be used instead of the built-in 2.5 version.
TeenTin: does this pass your test now?
Please test
smile.gif

oggzee said:
wbfs_file 2.6
wbfs_file_2.6_win32.zip
(included sources and windows binary)
Changes:

v2.6:

* Fixed add_wbfs command for copying .wbfs files to WBFS partitions.
(Problem was with WBFS partitions larger than 128GB,
because of the different wbfs block sizes)

* Command init now requires -f option to force formatting

* Don't print sparse errors when writing .iso to FAT

pccfatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
wbfs_file 2.6 should fix the problem of copying .wbfs files to WBFS partitions.
wbfs_file.exe can be copied to the game manager directory and it will be used instead of the built-in 2.5 version.
TeenTin: does this pass your test now?
Please test
smile.gif

oggzee said:
wbfs_file 2.6
wbfs_file_2.6_win32.zip
(included sources and windows binary)
Changes:

v2.6:

* Fixed add_wbfs command for copying .wbfs files to WBFS partitions.
(Problem was with WBFS partitions larger than 128GB,
because of the different wbfs block sizes)

* Command init now requires -f option to force formatting

* Don't print sparse errors when writing .iso to FAT
Thanks Oggzee, I will include then new file and get a new release out today sometime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1