Hacking Wii freezes on Health and Safety screen.

LordErk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone, its been a long time since i've actually had a problem with my Wii that i couldn't fix, but now i come at thee seeking assistance.

First and foremost. a spec rundown.

Release day Wii
BootMii as Boot2
3.2u system menu
No preloader
Unfortunately no earlier NAND backup prior to this.

Here is the problem.

Everytime i attempt to boot into the system menu, it freezes on the health and safety screen. as in i see the screen, but get no flashing "PRESS A TO CONTINUE" notification.
I can still boot into HBC through BootMii, but trying to go into the system menu in anyway just freezes it, whether it be going into it from the HBC, or straight from BootMii, or exiting out of a game.

I have installed nothing that would cause this issue, one day it just decides to freeze on the system menu. i didnt install any new, channels, or apps, or any IOSs of any kind.

I firstly googled the issue, and came up with this solution.(to hold the reset while powering it)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdzsHO0jcww . That unfortunately did not help.

So i come at thee with a question. HALP?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you can try reinstalling your system menu and\or system menu IOS. You may as well update to 4.1 while your at it. So just install a non-stubbed IOS60 and system menu 4.1U. If you want to do a complete upgrade of your setup, use ModMii to rehack your Wii, just launch the HBC via bootmii instead of using an exploit to install\launch the HBC (this will also get u to install SM 4.1U). Alternatively, u can restore an old nand backup, assuming u have one from before the problem started.

LordErk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it seems its gotten worse. so i sat there and ran your program and put the files onto the SD card. now both the system menu and HBC have a black screen. and when i try to run the bootmini.elf through bootmi, i just get a green screen.

smells like im going to have to format my NAND.

EDIT: XFlak, that ModMii program is absolutely wonderful. ive been out of the scene for a long time, and this experience is the perfect time to get back into it. I'm amazed by all this hacking progression that has occurred since i have been gone.

LordErk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, im now sitting on a fresh NAND of 4.1U with a working system menu and everything. and im going to use ModMii to install my homebrew.

thanks for your help.

now to see if i can extract my savegames out of my old NAND backup.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should be able to run showmii wad/nands.. an that would be able to get your save game info off the old nand, then use save game manager gx to put them on the newer nand.
btu me being a noob still (so they say). you might want to wait for a better explanation on this..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.