Hacking Wii Fit Plus throws Error #001

sYndrome13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running system menu 3.2U and cIOS v13. I have Bootmii beta 4 installed as boot2.

When using either NeoGamma R4 RC4 to load Wii Fit Plus, the Wii throws the following error:

QUOTE said:
Error #001,
unauthorized device has been detected.

I get the same errors using NeoGamma R6 and SoftChip R99.

I extracted the main.dol from the DATA partition using WiiScrubber 1.31 FINAL FINAL, opened the extracted main.dol in Generic Wii Patcher 1.2, and click the Search button under Error-001 Fix. The program returns:

QUOTESearch pattern for "Error 001" protection not found

Suggestions?

I haven't upgraded to cIOS 14 and NeoGamma R7 yet because, as they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But if Wii Fit Plus loads using NeoGamma R7, cIOS 14, and system menu 3.2U, I'll seriously consider upgrading.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Search pattern for "Error 001" protection not found

Cool, it looks like they are using a modified code for 001 now. Thanks for the info.

Explanation why it works with cIOSrev14:
Well, 001 error is a test what the IOS/drive returns when it tries to load something behind the real data, using an offset outside of the disc. Old modchips and most cIOS versions can't proplerly detect where the data ends and return the wrong error code(or not an error at all) here. If that happens you get 001 error.
cIOSrev14 can detect where the data ends and returns the correct values when the game checks for 001 error.(which is why cIOSrev14 is my favorite as you will understand now) cIOSrev7 works similar, it always restricts the reading to DVD5.(that's why DL don't work). The other cIOS patch the main.dol of the game for 001 error, and if the game has the same protection, but uses different code for it, the cIOS fails.

[please quote this in other Wii Fit Plus 001 error threads]

PS:(don't quote this) Is the game single layer as i assume?

hiijack51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded from neogamma R6 cios 13 to neogamma R7 cios 14 but am still getting #001 when trying WF+
Odd thing is games that worked under neogamma R6 are now giving me #001 errors under neogamma R7 as well.

Like the first poster mentions, I can't find the 001 code in any of the three main.dol's with generic wii patcher.

any ideas?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hiijack51 said:
I upgraded from neogamma R6 cios 13 to neogamma R7 cios 14 but am still getting #001 when trying WF+
Odd thing is games that worked under neogamma R6 are now giving me #001 errors under neogamma R7 as well.

Like the first poster mentions, I can't find the 001 code in any of the three main.dol's with generic wii patcher.

any ideas?

Oh of course, i forgot to tell, cIOSrev14 does not work for crappy modchips. The if the modchip would be deactivated, it would work. Also if you load from usb it does not matter if you have a modchip or not as modchips only mod the drive and that is not touched when loading from usb.

QUOTE(KiiWii @ Oct 5 2009, 01:12 AM) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183...p;#entry2305071

I doubt that Gecko OS 1.9.2 fixes the problem, but it's worth a try.

beo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:

It doesn't for softmods
mad.gif

hiijack51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Oh of course, i forgot to tell, cIOSrev14 does not work for crappy modchips. The if the modchip would be deactivated, it would work. Also if you load from usb it does not matter if you have a modchip or not as modchips only mod the drive and that is not touched when loading from usb.

thank you for clarifying that, wiipower. I believe that is indeed my issue.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KiiWii said:
im running 4.1E with cios rev 10 (on the wii i have here) and it was 001 erroring in neogamma r6... so i tried gecko 1.9.2 and it works.

NO CHIP

If you have the new cioscorp(or a very old), that would explain why it works. I haven't seen any 001 code in Gecko OS, but if you don't have cioscorp, i have to look again.

hiijack51 said:
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Oct 5 2009, 12:59 AM) Oh of course, i forgot to tell, cIOSrev14 does not work for crappy modchips. The if the modchip would be deactivated, it would work. Also if you load from usb it does not matter if you have a modchip or not as modchips only mod the drive and that is not touched when loading from usb.

thank you for clarifying that, wiipower. I believe that is indeed my issue.

Get cIOSrev7, it should fix all 001 errors on discs.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a different problem with Wii Fit Plus, the games loads up fine on the USB Loader but when I tried using it on a burned DVD it loads into a black screen but it does load up via Gecko OS 1.9.2, my Wii is NTSC-U with 3.2U, Wiikey(1.9s), cIOS rev 14, what can the problem be? thanks

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
hiijack51 said:

any ideas?

QUOTE(KiiWii @ Oct 5 2009, 01:12 AM) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183...p;#entry2305071

For an additional data point (and more confusion) I have a Wii 3.4U running a WiiKey 1.0. Using Gecko OS 1.9.2 I got it to recognize the disc, without installing whatever update is on the disc, and go through enough of the game to install the Wii Fit Plus Channel. After that I've just been using USB Loader GX. I don't have cioscorp installed.

shadowtroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna be able to use Wii Fit Plus, but I don't want to get rid of DL support. Help? Perhaps I should try switching between 222/223 and 249...

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

i am using an old version of the USB loader (i think its 1.5_cfg)
I'm running system menu 4.0U and cIOS v14 and Hermes' IOS222/223 with an external Seagate HD.

When I load Wii Fit Plus from the USB HD, the Wii throws the following error:

Error #001,
unauthorized device has been detected.

Will this game work with a new version of the loader?
I have tried to use a new version (replaced the dol file) but then the loader wont recognize my USB HD :-(

here's my usb-loader/config:

device = usb
background = ultimate.png
wbackground = ultimate_wide.png
layout = ultimate3
buttons = options_B
covers = 1
hide_footer = 1
colors = mono
widescreen = 0
music = 0
covers_path = sd:/usb-loader/covers
device = usb
cover_style = standard
covers_size = 160, 225
gui = 1
gui_transition = scroll
confirm_start= 0
ios = 223-mload
contry_patch = 1
fix_002 = 1
block_ios_reload = 1
alt_dol = 0

Any suggestions?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Looks like you are using IOS223:
"ios = 223-mload"

Do you have the latest version of Hermes' cIOS installed? If yes, that's very very bad, as it tells us that Hermes is not using a good 001 method like cIOSrev14.

If you use cIOSrev14, the game should work, but i agree, that it's not a real solution.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiPower said:
Looks like you are using IOS223:
"ios = 223-mload"

Do you have the latest version of Hermes' cIOS installed? If yes, that's very very bad, as it tells us that Hermes is not using a good 001 method like cIOSrev14.

If you use cIOSrev14, the game should work, but i agree, that it's not a real solution.

i just tried the v44 version of the cfg usb loader with ciosrev14. It works now! (still using ios = 223-mload btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...