Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
does anyone here seriously think that if they are using an illegal modchip that they have any right to sue nintendo when and if it bricks your system.
oh LMFAO
QUOTE said:
from the nintendo site
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS

THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THIS PRODUCT: (a) IS USED WITH PRODUCTS NOT SOLD OR LICENSED BY NINTENDO (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-LICENSED GAME ENHANCEMENT AND COPIER DEVICES, ADAPTERS, AND POWER SUPPLIES); (b) IS USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING RENTAL); © IS MODIFIED OR TAMPERED WITH; (d) IS DAMAGED BY NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, UNREASONABLE USE, OR BY OTHER CAUSES UNRELATED TO DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP; OR (e) HAS HAD THE SERIAL NUMBER ALTERED, DEFACED OR REMOVED.
not one of you who bricks your system has a leg to stand on. i think that having a modchip comes under 2 if not 3 parts of your warranties.
you opened it up or paid to have it opened up and you are on your own, you all knew that. nintendo were just going above and beyond the call of duty by informing you that should you upgrade your system it MAY be bricked by doing so. they have the right to protect their software from being copied and used by people using modchips so don't go getting all high and mighty about this. you knew what you were getting into.
wink.gif

Reading that Kotaku article, someone mentioned modchips being LEGAL in Australia and it being legal to sue if your console were to be bricked.

Someone even said a person with a chipped system in AU won against Sony, and is why they made the PS3 region-free.

But I don't live in Australia, so that's a moot point.

Still, I'm more upset about the update not allowing freeloaders to work anymore. I don't really want to chip my wii, until MUCH better chips come out so I'm using a freeloader to play my Japanese GC games, and learning that freeloaders don't work anymore has made me not want to update at all until I get a modchip and know it'll work.

If you agreed to the warrenty limitation, I don't think theirs anything you do even if modding is legal in your country.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
European Wii with Wiikey, updated. plays everything fine.

cheers
Please don't put people on the wrong track. Only say that everything plays fine if you actually tested everything, which you obviously didn't. Because if you did test everything than you would have found out that Action Replay doesn't work anymore and the freeloader and so does the official WiiKey setup disc.

wlof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, stop it with the "they can brick, no they can't" discussions already!

For one, it's completely off-topic here.

For two, I'm willing to bet Nintendo will never, ever purposefully brick modded Wiis even if they could (at this point, nothing proves they can even detect modchips).

And lastly, do you seriously see yourself suing Nintendo? Trials cost lots, lots of time and money. I know I would just spare myself the trouble and go buy a new Wii...

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a couple more updates.
If you eject a disc when your system is off, the blue light comes on.
If you boot your system with no disc inserted, it makes a noise like it is trying to find a disc. This is not new. Whats new is that the wii doesnt make the same noise when you turn it off. It used to make the noise.

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the update with no issues but after I installed mu WII KEY and I can't get updates from the news channal.

I get the error NEWS000006

Can someone please tell me what is going on with this????

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

cheers

Please don't put people on the wrong track. Only say that everything plays fine if you actually tested everything, which you obviously didn't. Because if you did test everything than you would have found out that Action Replay doesn't work anymore and the freeloader and so does the official WiiKey setup disc.

well done, rightly said.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country

cheers

well done, rightly said.
this is a piss poor attempt at point scoring people AND you know it.
did the person mention that they had an action replay or freeloader to begin with............no. so don't expect the answers to questions the person may not be able to answer. they said they had a wiikey, nothing more.
rolleyes.gif

i will say this i would like to know what this persons interpretation of "everything" with the wiikey is?
smile.gif

i'm sure everyone else would like to know did your setup disc work?
did you try to connect to any of the channels you have and were all the connections without the errors mentioned in this thread?
how many games have you tried so far?
thanks in advance.
smile.gif

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also, if we examine Australian law it says that chipping is legal as long as:
1. The device being modded is not region-free.
2. The mod makes the device region-free.

Is it just me, or is that law not neutral but in fact pro-modding?

Some more information about Modchips in Australia.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Australia%27s_...chips_are_legal
(links at bottom to other news sources)

Our laws are different to most
happy.gif

Wii with cut legs and Genuine WiiKey here, still running Wii 2.2E, nothing in the new firmware which interests me yet.

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country

happy.gif

Wii with cut legs and Genuine WiiKey here, still running Wii 2.2E, nothing in the new firmware which interests me yet.

but it doesn't matter what the law says on this one.

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

happy.gif

but it doesn't matter what the law says on this one.

Bottom line is ... modchips are currently legal in Australia.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country

and you can keep repeating yourself until the cows come home.
here i'll even do it for you...........
"modchips are legal in australia"
now all you need to do to protect your chip and wii is to not connect it to wii connect 24.
rolleyes.gif

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

and you can keep repeating yourself until the cows come home.
here i'll even do it for you...........
"modchips are legal in australia"
now all you need to do to protect your chip and wii is to not connect it to wii connect 24.
rolleyes.gif

Yup, as I have done since I've had it. I don't use Connect24 standby mode, I don't use any of the online functions of the Wii, I use it for playing games.

I have a laptop to use the Internet, email, IM etc. Don't see the point of any of the online stuff for the Wii. Never used any of the online stuff for the Xbox, and before you start going on about VC games, I use my Xbox for all my emulation/media needs. It's easier, all on the HDD or streaming over the LAN from my PC.

Thanks for the rather pointless advice
wacko.gif

PanterA ... Mouth For War

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny