Hacking Wii Duplicated Channel Remover (PAL version)

its-my-right

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah waninkoko, we are all waiting a release of an anti dual channels remover, do your best
grog.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
superrob said:
Dont and i mean dont release the source code as it could lead to VERY evil bricking homebrew!

What a ridiculous statement. Do you know how easy it is to erase the entire flash with already available homebrew tools? The source to this would be much more valuable than to vreate some stupid bricker, which could already be done.
I know..... sorry about that post.

c4T

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@waninkoko

would it be possible to patch the channels to very old versions?
If this would be possible you could easily upgrade the Channels to legit ones via the Smash Bros Brawl JAP Update

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WTH? This can brick my Wii?
frown.gif

I just did this and now I'm frustrated. What should I do NOT to get my Wii bricked? And when the patch comes thats rolling this back, will I get dupe channels again?

Thanks.

Glitzerstim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rommy667 said:
Well i did it & im not sorry if i brick my wii ill get another one,has anyone REALLY bricked their anyway or is this just all bad karma??Thanks for the app Waninko

QUOTE(waninkoko @ Mar 23 2008, 01:03 AM) Wii Duplicated Channel Remover 1.1 (Multiregion version)

This application removes the duplicated channels installed after upgrading the Wii with a JAP or USA game.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: DON'T TRY TO UPDATE YOUR WII AFTER USE THIS APPLICATION. THE NEW IOS37 + UPDATED SYSTEM MENU CAN BRICK YOUR WII.

you must only read first page....

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, bushing (according to waninkoko) did say this will not brick wii. Probably because the wii doesn't actually load the channels when they are hidden!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, don't worry. Here's an update by marcan (the one who said that the IOS37 will brick your Wii if there are some modifications in the channels, like an homebrew channel):

This was the original message:
Original message by marcan said:
At that point, "homebrew channels" would be considered "invalid" by the system. marcan now contends that having one installed and going to an update using IOS37 will brick your Wii, giving a "The system files are corrupted" message.
I just performed some magic and confirmed that having the homebrew channel installed and installing an update to the system menu that uses the IOS37 will brick your wii, unless Nintendo specifically addresses this problem in a new system menu. There is a simple way of avoiding this: simply delete the channels before updating.

And here's the update:
New message by marcanFor some reason, I cannot reproduce the problem. I must have been too tired that night. As it stands, current system menu running under IOS37 with a homebrew channel installed does not cause bricking. Marcan 18:10, 26 March 2008 (PDT)

So, probably for all of you who have removed your dupe channels, there'll be no problems.

And... homebrew channel for everyone!
biggrin.gif

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The homebrew channel is run from the main Wii menu so it has to be trucha signed. Consequences of the homebrew channel should resemble the consequences of the channel remover.

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Perseid said:
The homebrew channel is run from the main Wii menu so it has to be trucha signed. Consequences of the homebrew channel should resemble the consequences of the channel remover.

Ok , I did'nt knew that point
lecture.gif

So can some1 explain me why people are panic stricken ?

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bosscolor said:
Perseid said:

lecture.gif

I think the panic started before Marcan retracted his statement and now that he has people don't know what to think.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Perseid said:
bosscolor said:
Perseid said:

lecture.gif

I think the panic started before Marcan retracted his statement and now that he has people don't know what to think.
Ok. Do i understand that right, you can update the wii without bricking it when u have the Channel Remover installed?

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
fabi280 said:
Perseid said:
bosscolor said:
Perseid said:

lecture.gif

Ok. Do i understand that right, you can update the wii without bricking it when u have the Channel Remover installed?

From the moment , we can't confirm... Wait&see

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm rather confused with this.
If I've updated it so I've downloaded the trucha signer/wii free loader block that is INACTIVE in the wii system still, I can still run it without problems?

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
FoulPlay said:
I'm rather confused with this.
If I've updated it so I've downloaded the trucha signer/wii free loader block that is INACTIVE in the wii system still, I can still run it without problems?

Ok guys , everyone listen
lecture.gif

You don't risk anything with the current firmware, you can play your trucha games,use the freeloader without a problem.

Why this panic ?

It's because of the incoming update from Nintendo not the one we are currently using.

Don't be affraid your Wii won't be brick for the moment and we are trying to discover IF the next update can brick the wii(s).

Stay calm & tuned

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Waninkoko will you have the rollback done by 11 April? Want it rollbacked til Mario Kart so I wont risk anything. I mean, thanks for the channel remover, it worked like a charm! But I want to play Mario Kart and not brick my Wii. I'd rather have dual channels than brick it.

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Stop asking waninko to make a rollback...You knew the consequences by using this soft now assume it.
And yes , he's surrely working on a rollback but this kind of post won't help him to go faster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: bro have you seen the gfuel instagram