Hacking Wii Duplicated Channel Remover (PAL version)

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not needed to update the Wii.

Offtopic: I'm searching for somebody to test a little patch to run SSBB without updates. If you don't have your Wii updated with the SSBB updates, contact me
tongue.gif

Kestol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lecture.gif
Some people asked if this would affect future updates... And waninkoko said no.. But that isnt enough for some people.. So here is my explanation
lecture.gif

The reason why this will not affect future Channel updates (Weather & News) is because the remover doesnt change anything to the channels of your region...
Instead it increases version of other regions weather and news channel to a very high version as said.. Tough they arent visible.. They are still on your wii
lecture.gif

PAL Channel remover (For PAL Wii's)

PAL CHANNELS -> Nothing is edited here
NTSC U -> Channel version is increased to 8.9999999 (Just very high... Number isnt correct
rolleyes.gif
) and the icon in the Wii channel menu is removed...
NTSC J -> Same thins as NTSC U

Grats
yaynds.gif

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Kestol said:
lecture.gif
Some people asked if this would affect future updates... And waninkoko said no.. But that isnt enough for some people.. So here is my explanation
lecture.gif

The reason why this will not affect future Channel updates (Weather & News) is because the remover doesnt change anything to the channels of your region...
Instead it increases version of other regions weather and news channel to a very high version as said.. Tough they arent visible.. They are still on your wii
lecture.gif

NTSC U -> Channel version is increased to 8.9999999 (Just very high... Number isnt correct
rolleyes.gif

Grats
yaynds.gif

That's correct (the exact version is 65280).

I have in mind a future version that removes completely all the data. But for now we can use this.

The only problem with this method is what will happen when the system menu starts to use the IOS37.

rory101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yesssss finally manged to get wii online .......took me 3 times to update the crappy channels succesfully though s the blue downloding bar kept stopping.but got there in the end

wub.gif
thanx again waninkiko
wub.gif
lecture.gif
well done

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
waninkoko said:
Kestol said:
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

lecture.gif

rolleyes.gif

Grats
yaynds.gif

I have in mind a future version that removes completely all the data. But for now we can use this.

The only problem with this method is what will happen when the system menu starts to use the IOS37.

i was wondering the same things
since it didn't give me any extra free blocks

so actually the channel are not removed?
they're just invisible
ph34r.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slight slip up on the name when it doesn't actually remove the channels.

I am still grateful that you are toying around with these things and releasing what you've done for everyone but I don't exactly enjoy the misleading info that still remains in the first post. Changing a version number is not removing, it's hiding.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Daimakaimura said:
i was wondering the same things
since it didn't give me any extra free blocks

I think Wii firmware updates and channels that aren't visible in the Settings -> Data Management -> Channels screen aren't saved to the part that is counted in the blocks. After all, you only have ~2100 free blocks on a completely new Wii, which is only about 260MB.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
waninkoko said:

Thank you for the explanation on how this tool is working.
I like to understand what I'm using
lecture.gif

I don't have Brawl, I hope you will find someone for your next tool.
yaynds.gif

Good luck

cycle78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worry about the NOTE said,Can you release a program to rollback my Wii to the original status?Duplicated Channel are well then Brick my Wii...

Rhythmic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kestol said:
lecture.gif
lecture.gif

lecture.gif

rolleyes.gif

Grats
yaynds.gif

Cheers for clearing that up, I don't particularly fancy using this now, just because if Trucha Signer is ever blocked, there is no way to start editing again :S (in case of any problems)

Nuja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if i understand well, we can update wii's firmware without being worried abotu bricking the wii, right ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 nope