Hacking Wii Duplicated Channel Remover (PAL version)

Glitzerstim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bosscolor said:
Stop asking waninko to make a rollback...You knew the consequences by using this soft now assume it.
And yes , he's surrely working on a rollback but this kind of post won't help him to go faster

lecture.gif
thats not correct. We knew the consequences after using this tool. He edited more than one time his post. I have ask him about the risk and he said, there will be no risk. You can read this on Page 3 or so, i have write it in pink text, its not difficult to find.

It is also not correct, that a update dont brick our Wii, only the next update will be undangerouse for our Wii. The IOS37 problem is still there!

I hope waninkoko will fix this bug, and i think the chance is not bad he will make reverse this mistake this time.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Rollback wont work.
Becurse he cant just remake the old channel. Becurse of its using traucha signer to make it disapear.

The only thing he can do is to make a tool that removes them forever.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok to be brutally honest, I don't think were in a major situation here.
Just wait till' April 11th and see what happens.
I really want to play Mario Kart too, but we don't know what is going to be in Mario Kart or if its going to work! When someone gets it and tries it and it works, then yay. If someone gets it and it breaks, then we will fix it. There is always a way around things!
Stop panicking, There will be a fix one day if something goes wrong!

I've used this now. And right now, I don't care.
I'm not worried right now because I know someone will fix it if something goes wrong.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
FoulPlay said:
I really want to play Mario Kart too, but we don't know what is going to be in Mario Kart or if its going to work! When someone gets it and tries it and it works, then yay. If someone gets it and it breaks, then we will fix it. There is always a way around things!

I'm not worried right now because I know someone will fix it if something goes wrong.
Your name really fits you.

Becurse you may just have done the worst foul in your life.
But i like your conscept.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i had not read the first page in a while but ya know what i still dont really care if i brick my wii over this app i wont hold it against waninko one bit we all used the app of our own free will...........

Edit: Well said FoulPlay
smile.gif

Glitzerstim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
superrob said:
Rollback wont work.
Becurse he cant just remake the old channel. Becurse of its using traucha signer to make it disapear.

The only thing he can do is to make a tool that removes them forever.

I think my idea is possible, i quote it that you can understand superrob.

QUOTE(Glitzerstim @ Mar 29 2008, 06:27 PM) Question: Is it possible to sign the Channels down to a lower version as bevore and reinstall them with a game?

For example: My (US) channels came from SMG and my (JAP) channels came from SSBB
My idea is to sign the channels lower than SMG (US) and SSBB (JAP), then insert the Games (SMG + SSBB) and the channels will be installed like before.

rolleyes.gif

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
FoulPlay said:

Thanks I guess...
People need to stop worrying about this, a large number of people used this, and someone will fix it.
It's not the original posters fault if it bricks consoles, It's Nintendo's update.
This thing was 100% safe until the other update came around.

We're all worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. It's stupid.
Wait until something catastrophic happens.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
FoulPlay said:
superrob said:
FoulPlay said:

Thanks I guess...
People need to stop worrying about this, a large number of people used this, and someone will fix it.
It's not the original posters fault if it bricks consoles, It's Nintendo's update.
This thing was 100% safe until the other update came around.

We're all worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. It's stupid.
Wait until something catastrophic happens.
Yea.. and im pretty sure Waninko soon has a completly channel remover tool that removes them forever.
As he allready knows where the channels are located he just needs to make a safe tool that deletes them forever.
That could mean that someone wont be able to jump into mario kart from the beginning but we would survive.

Myself i hope that Mario Kart wont hold this Traucha killer.
Becurse that would mean death to my No More Heroes. But anyway mario kart is worth it.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
Yea.. and im pretty sure Waninko soon has a completly channel remover tool that removes them forever.
As he allready knows where the channels are located he just needs to make a safe tool that deletes them forever.
That could mean that someone wont be able to jump into mario kart from the beginning but we would survive.

Becurse that would mean death to my No More Heroes. But anyway mario kart is worth it.

I agree fully.
I'm still wondering why the code is inactive though... it's sitting there in the wii doing nothing.
Personally, I don't think Nintendo are going to activate until something major, bigger than Mario Kart comes out.
Remember, we're the main thread to Nintendo, not some freeloader. Their always looking for ways to get rid of mod-chips, not the freeloader, thats why we're always cautious with everything, for some reason though, I doubt Nintendo are going to fuck us over so much that our consoles will not work. In some countries, like in the UK, it's legal to do this to your console. The most they should be allowed to do is ban us from Nintendo Wifi, like XBOX did.

I hope that makes sense, I don't know how to put it into a paragraph, to sum it up, I basically mean: I can't see Nintendo wrecking our consoles, But I can see them trying to make our chips defective. I doubt their going to bother activating that code with the next big game, being Mario Kart, and if they are, I think a bigger game that everyone will want will have it.

I could, and might very well be wrong though.
We will see April 11th.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
FoulPlay said:
superrob said:

I agree fully.
I'm still wondering why the code is inactive though... it's sitting there in the wii doing nothing.
Personally, I don't think Nintendo are going to activate until something major, bigger than Mario Kart comes out.
Remember, we're the main thread to Nintendo, not some freeloader. Their always looking for ways to get rid of mod-chips, not the freeloader, thats why we're always cautious with everything, for some reason though, I doubt Nintendo are going to fuck us over so much that our consoles will not work. In some countries, like in the UK, it's legal to do this to your console. The most they should be allowed to do is ban us from Nintendo Wifi, like XBOX did.

I hope that makes sense, I don't know how to put it into a paragraph, to sum it up, I basically mean: I can't see Nintendo wrecking our consoles, But I can see them trying to make our chips defective. I doubt their going to bother activating that code with the next big game, being Mario Kart, and if they are, I think a bigger game that everyone will want will have it.

We will see April 11th.
Yea i agree.
But i still dont get why they din't just make the IOS37 + WiiMenu update when they annouced Wiiware?
Yes i know everyone might be quickly warned but that would be the same with mario kart.

And Nintendo properly wont ever make a chip deffective.
They dont even ban chipped consoles from WiFi.
And their BIGGEST fail is not to allow the firmware updates to upgrade the DVD drives firmware like the PS3 can.
Becurse then they easly could add a line of code that detects chips.

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
FoulPlay said:
superrob said:

I agree fully.

We will see April 11th.
Yea i agree.
But i still dont get why they din't just make the IOS37 + WiiMenu update when they annouced Wiiware?
Yes i know everyone might be quickly warned but that would be the same with mario kart.

And Nintendo properly wont ever make a chip deffective.
They dont even ban chipped consoles from WiFi.
And their BIGGEST fail is not to allow the firmware updates to upgrade the DVD drives firmware like the PS3 can.
Becurse then they easly could add a line of code that detects chips.

Yep, your right.
We'll see what happens in almost 1 and a half weeks.
Can't wait to be honest, I personally think it IS going to work.

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Next update isn't going to brick your Wii (confirmed by bushing).

Also, I have a possible fix but I need to test it carefully.
Thanks so much for the update!
I really appreciate all of your hard work+providing source code to help everyone!
grog.gif

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks waninkoko
smile.gif

No matter what guys, you are basically confirmed to play Mario Kart.
This will get resolved. It's the Wii Hacking Community, anything is possible when it comes down to these guys. There is always hope in the community, and things that were mistakes, DO get fixed! (Unless its on Nintendos behalf.)
smile.gif

EDIT: WTF JUST HAPPENED TO THE FORUMS?!
Their all fucked up and listing posts. This is crap!! How the hell do I fix this?

ozz23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
waninkoko said:
Next update isn't going to brick your Wii (confirmed by bushing).

Also, I have a possible fix but I need to test it carefully.

thanks for ur reply and ur work, i really hope we can fix this prob 4 ever
( i used ur chann remover app :S )

FoulPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Hmm.
I really didn't read into this part: Why can't we update channels anymore? I'm confused, we can update the shop channel properly without errors. Is it because one of the new updates (Possibly the Mario Kart one which I still doubt is going to happen.) could make the wii corrupt due to the input of code from the application?

I'm sorry to pester you Waninkoko but could you explain your theory of how your application is going to be reversed and why you think it will work?

I bielieve that you are very capable of doing this, I just don't understand how you think it is going to work. Are you removing the code? Making the channels show again? What is it that you are doing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm finishing the new god Kong movie pretty decent neighbors even complained twice