Hacking Wii doesn't start after uninstalling CIOS60BF.wad on 4.0

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kkmll said:
Well... can I use my wii in any way? You know... trying stuff... do any of you need a tester with a broken wii?

I think Im gonna make a new post, maybe someone needs to try something../?

Your Wii can be used as a Book End, A Door Stop, a Paper Weight, Many uses in creating Modern Art.

The Lesson for Today is NEVER uninstall ANYTHING. If you want to Update things simply overwrite what is there. Uninstalling IOS60 "System menu 4.0 and 4.1 use it to run" Is an instant brick.

kkmll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
HiBit said:
imapterodactyl said:
If it was me, I'd buy a new system and keep the toasted one for parts.
I think a Wii with an broken dvd drive from ebay is a better way because the price is low and someone sell it with a lot of stuff.

I bought two Wii's @ ebay with different problems. Also a three month old bricked Wii and another another one with an bad dvd drive.

Together it's a working Wii(with boot1 bug;)) and i get 4 controller, 4 nunchuk, 2 power supply, 2 av cables, 1 component cable, some games, a Wiikey v2, ...
It was a deal around 180$ and he only need an Wii with an working board, the price should be around 100$ with some stuff.

^^ Only an idea.
wink.gif

So.. not a bad idea,is it difficult to change the board?

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think no and on youtube is a lot of stuff that explain what you need, where are the screws, and what is to do.

You need two screwdriver and only one is a little bit special. It's a triwing screwdriver but you can get it at also ebay.

The only ugly thing is the "slime" on the wifi module and you must use it again to cool down the wifi module.
biggrin.gif

tweak201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kkmll said:
Well... can I use my wii in any way? You know... trying stuff... do any of you need a tester with a broken wii?

I think Im gonna make a new post, maybe someone needs to try something../?
i know someone that needs to try something. you need to try reading the directions first. I suggest getting a broken wii off ebay. But in your case, youd probably mess up again .Send it to nintendo, bite the bullet. Or sell the wii on ebay and use the proceeds for a new one

Alghreeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
imapterodactyl said:
, so you can install Bootmii as boot2 and do a NAND backup.... then you'll never have to worry about this type of thing again, as you'll always be able to recover.

I did the same problem by uninstalling CIOS60BF.wad but i have preloder and bootmii installed and has Nand backed up but i couldn't run it. i keep pressing the reset button but nothing happen. what can i do

help me plz

Sabin_Figaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Silly question, why do people want to load backups from disc channel installing "dangerous" applications?

They are not dangerous per se, but damn the warnings to NOT uninstall anything are everywhere

RIP wii

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alghreeb said:
imapterodactyl said:
, so you can install Bootmii as boot2 and do a NAND backup.... then you'll never have to worry about this type of thing again, as you'll always be able to recover.

I did the same problem by uninstalling CIOS60BF.wad but i have preloder and bootmii installed and has Nand backed up but i couldn't run it. i keep pressing the reset button but nothing happen. what can i do

help me plz

Is bootmii installed as boot2?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
Alghreeb said:
imapterodactyl said:

help me plz

do you actually have bootmii installed as boot2, or just as an ios? holding reset is only for booting into preloader, which wont work as you deleted ios60, so preloader is now toast as well.

to boot into bootmii and restore your nand, you need bootmii installed as boot2, not as an ios, and you need the bootmii files on your sd card.

does your wii dvd drive flash when you turn on your wii?

Alghreeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
bootmii installed as ios. and when i turn on the wii the dvd drive flash one time.

thc42O said:
only way you can fix it is either send it or install a autoboot mod chip

i have wiidrive not installed yet, will it help if i install it?

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alghreeb said:
can anyone help me?

Unfortunately you do not have bootmii as boot2, therefore un-installing IOS60 (aka Systemmenu IOS) deletes your system menu and Preloader (which uses IOS60).

You are in the same situation as the original poster.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
buy an Autoboot mod chip and repair it yourself. its cheaper then nintendo and u also get 6 x read speed in the drive without cioscrap

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could do something else stupid. You could fry the NAND before you send it back, so Nintendo doesn't find all your haxx.

Or, get a real modchip as above and fix it yourself.

playingsolitare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HiBit said:
imapterodactyl said:
If it was me, I'd buy a new system and keep the toasted one for parts.
I think a Wii with an broken dvd drive from ebay is a better way because the price is low and someone sell it with a lot of stuff.

I bought two Wii's @ ebay with different problems. Also a three month old bricked Wii and another another one with an bad dvd drive.

Together it's a working Wii(with boot1 bug;)) and i get 4 controller, 4 nunchuk, 2 power supply, 2 av cables, 1 component cable, some games, a Wiikey v2, ...
It was a deal around 180$ and he only need an Wii with an working board, the price should be around 100$ with some stuff.

^^ Only an idea.
wink.gif

I got a used wii off craigslist. It was practically brand new as the guy hardly even used it. He lived a alone, bought it when his cousin visited, but never played by himself so he sold it. He gave it to me complete in the box with all its packaging and even a receipt (bought 6/08). He gave me the wii, extra controller and nunchuk, HD cables, wiiplay, and smash bros brawl... all for a staggering price of $100. Of course, I live in a big city and I see $100 wii posted at least once a week. I think used wiis are the way to do. I got mine used b/c I wasn't sure if I would play a lot and now I realized I saved a ton of money getting it used.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
do you actually have bootmii installed as boot2, or just as an ios? holding reset is only for booting into preloader, which wont work as you deleted ios60, so preloader is now toast as well.

Are you sure about that? If you install a diferent IOS60 (without the ES_identify patch, or something like that) you will get a system files corrupt message but preloader will still load. You just run HBC from preloader and reinstall preloader (which applies that patch again) to fix your Wii. The same should be true for installing an IOS60 again.

thc42O said:
only way you can fix it is either send it or install a autoboot mod chip
That's what I was thinking about. I don't personally want to deal with a mod chip, but it's an option!

Jeomite said:
QUOTE(Alghreeb @ Aug 24 2009, 08:09 PM)
can anyone help me?

Unfortunately you do not have bootmii as boot2, therefore un-installing IOS60 (aka Systemmenu IOS) deletes your system menu and Preloader (which uses IOS60).

You are in the same situation as the original poster.
No, removing IOS60 DOES NOT remove preloader. Preloader only identifies itself as IOS60 to the Wii (or something like that) and patches the real IOS60... then calls on the real IOS60 when you boot the system menu. If removing IOS60 removed preloader, then installing a whole diferent IOS60.wad would remove it too, but it doesn't do that at all... you will still get a system menu corrupt message until you boot into preloader, fire up HBC and run the preloader installer again (to patch the new IOS60).

oops_ur_dead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Preloader only identifies itself as IOS60 to the Wii (or something like that) and patches the real IOS60... then calls on the real IOS60 when you boot the system menu. If removing IOS60 removed preloader, then installing a whole diferent IOS60.wad would remove it too, but it doesn't do that at all... you will still get a system menu corrupt message until you boot into preloader, fire up HBC and run the preloader installer again (to patch the new IOS60).
Nope, you're wrong. PreLoader installs itself to the system menu slot. Its a regular .dol file that is loaded by boot2 instead of the real system menu. It needs to patch IOS60 because for some reason when PreLoader loads the system menu with the unpatched IOS60 then it doesnt work. Both OP and the other guy are both screwed. Autoboot chip also wont work because the system menu has to be working, and since IOS60 is fried so is the system menu.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... no what I said was correct and you are half right. Change your nick to "Oops_IM_Stupid"

Do you have bootmii as boot 2? If so, make a fresh nand dump and don't reply again until you've uninstalled ios60 yourself. You can still boot into preloader and you can still boot HBC from preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)