1. Lothlorian

Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Your Wii can be used as a Book End, A Door Stop, a Paper Weight, Many uses in creating Modern Art.

The Lesson for Today is NEVER uninstall ANYTHING. If you want to Update things simply overwrite what is there. Uninstalling IOS60 "System menu 4.0 and 4.1 use it to run" Is an instant brick.

2. kkmll

OP kkmll Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    So.. not a bad idea,is it difficult to change the board?

3. HiBit

HiBit GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    I think no and on youtube is a lot of stuff that explain what you need, where are the screws, and what is to do.

You need two screwdriver and only one is a little bit special. It's a triwing screwdriver but you can get it at also ebay.

The only ugly thing is the "slime" on the wifi module and you must use it again to cool down the wifi module. [​IMG]

4. tweak201

tweak201 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i know someone that needs to try something. you need to try reading the directions first. I suggest getting a broken wii off ebay. But in your case, youd probably mess up again .Send it to nintendo, bite the bullet. Or sell the wii on ebay and use the proceeds for a new one

5. Alghreeb

Alghreeb Newbie
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    I did the same problem by uninstalling CIOS60BF.wad but i have preloder and bootmii installed and has Nand backed up but i couldn't run it. i keep pressing the reset button but nothing happen. what can i do

help me plz

6. Sabin_Figaro

Sabin_Figaro GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    Silly question, why do people want to load backups from disc channel installing "dangerous" applications?

They are not dangerous per se, but damn the warnings to NOT uninstall anything are everywhere

RIP wii

7. Lexip;

Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is bootmii installed as boot2?

8. 0M39A

0M39A GBAtemp Fan

do you actually have bootmii installed as boot2, or just as an ios? holding reset is only for booting into preloader, which wont work as you deleted ios60, so preloader is now toast as well.

to boot into bootmii and restore your nand, you need bootmii installed as boot2, not as an ios, and you need the bootmii files on your sd card.

does your wii dvd drive flash when you turn on your wii?

9. thc42O

thc42O Banned
    Banned

Canada
    only way you can fix it is either send it or install a autoboot mod chip

10. Alghreeb

Alghreeb Newbie
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    bootmii installed as ios. and when i turn on the wii the dvd drive flash one time.

i have wiidrive not installed yet, will it help if i install it?

11. Alghreeb

Alghreeb Newbie
    Newcomer

Saudi Arabia
    can anyone help me?

12. Jeomite

Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Unfortunately you do not have bootmii as boot2, therefore un-installing IOS60 (aka Systemmenu IOS) deletes your system menu and Preloader (which uses IOS60).

You are in the same situation as the original poster.

13. thc42O

thc42O Banned
    Banned

Canada
    buy an Autoboot mod chip and repair it yourself. its cheaper then nintendo and u also get 6 x read speed in the drive without cioscrap

14. thesund0g

thesund0g GBAtemp Fan

You could do something else stupid. You could fry the NAND before you send it back, so Nintendo doesn't find all your haxx.

Or, get a real modchip as above and fix it yourself.

15. playingsolitare

Newcomer

United States
    I got a used wii off craigslist. It was practically brand new as the guy hardly even used it. He lived a alone, bought it when his cousin visited, but never played by himself so he sold it. He gave it to me complete in the box with all its packaging and even a receipt (bought 6/08). He gave me the wii, extra controller and nunchuk, HD cables, wiiplay, and smash bros brawl... all for a staggering price of $100. Of course, I live in a big city and I see $100 wii posted at least once a week. I think used wiis are the way to do. I got mine used b/c I wasn't sure if I would play a lot and now I realized I saved a ton of money getting it used.

16. SpAM_CAN

SpAM_CAN GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yuu are screwed!

17. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No, removing IOS60 DOES NOT remove preloader. Preloader only identifies itself as IOS60 to the Wii (or something like that) and patches the real IOS60... then calls on the real IOS60 when you boot the system menu. If removing IOS60 removed preloader, then installing a whole diferent IOS60.wad would remove it too, but it doesn't do that at all... you will still get a system menu corrupt message until you boot into preloader, fire up HBC and run the preloader installer again (to patch the new IOS60).

18. olliepop2000

olliepop2000 GBAtemp Fan

are you guys sure an autoboot compatible mod chip and wad manager dvd would work in this case? don't you need a working sytemmenu IOS?

19. oops_ur_dead

oops_ur_dead Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Nope, you're wrong. PreLoader installs itself to the system menu slot. Its a regular .dol file that is loaded by boot2 instead of the real system menu. It needs to patch IOS60 because for some reason when PreLoader loads the system menu with the unpatched IOS60 then it doesnt work. Both OP and the other guy are both screwed. Autoboot chip also wont work because the system menu has to be working, and since IOS60 is fried so is the system menu.

20. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Umm... no what I said was correct and you are half right. Change your nick to "Oops_IM_Stupid"

Do you have bootmii as boot 2? If so, make a fresh nand dump and don't reply again until you've uninstalled ios60 yourself. You can still boot into preloader and you can still boot HBC from preloader.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - uninstalling, CIOS60BF, doesnt