Hardware Wii doesnt reconize my HD anymore

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k now i had some issues trying to install a preloader to get the wii to auto boot to the gx usb loader but i think thats all fixed now but in the mix of all of that i did something where the wii no longer finds the connected hd. *yes its connected to the correct port and lights on on the hd and the hd is still ok when i plug it up to the pc).
so i think some cios or ios or w/e got changed to one that wont let it find the hd.
the hd i have is on the ok list and i have used it before its a Western Digital My Passport 500 GB on a ntsc 4.1 wii. not sure what ios n stuff is installed.

i looked for a few hours today and didnt find much on errors with hd other than (its broken or isnt supported lol)

but as i know it isnt and it is there seems to be a small quick thing im missing here.

any ideas?

madcapslaugh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
damingraham said:
k now i had some issues trying to install a preloader to get the wii to auto boot to the gx usb loader but i think thats all fixed now but in the mix of all of that i did something where the wii no longer finds the connected hd. *yes its connected to the correct port and lights on on the hd and the hd is still ok when i plug it up to the pc).
so i think some cios or ios or w/e got changed to one that wont let it find the hd.
the hd i have is on the ok list and i have used it before its a Western Digital My Passport 500 GB on a ntsc 4.1 wii. not sure what ios n stuff is installed.

i looked for a few hours today and didnt find much on errors with hd other than (its broken or isnt supported lol)

but as i know it isnt and it is there seems to be a small quick thing im missing here.

any ideas?

see if neogamma recognizes it, also try installing cIOS38 rev 14

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ballboff said:
What file system is the drive formatted as? Is it FAT32, NTFS or WBFS?
im sure WBFS since i didnt format with the wii i used WBFS Manager 3.0 i think

neogamma ? i thought that was just like a disc loader didnt know it worked with any hds. but ill install that rev 14 asap thanks
what about cIOS38 rev15 though?

ballboff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
damingraham said:
neogamma ? i thought that was just like a disc loader didnt know it worked with any hds. but ill install that rev 14 asap thanks
what about cIOS38 rev15 though?

Neogamma also has usb support now, you get benefits from using usb loader gx or configurable usb loader though. I prefer wiiflow, but any of the usb loaders would do, as you can set individual settings for each game if you don't want to load the defaults. It's useful for some of those hard to load games.

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madeirabhoy said:
does your pc recognise it using a wbfs manager?
yea it still does

*edit. good some progress now. installed the rev 14 then installed the neo channel and rebooted wii. neo loads up and played a game. the gx usb loader almost loaded up . it got to the main screen with the games but didnt list any games cause it dumped on me the second the menu popped up

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k i think gx usb loader is the issue. it gave me a dump on its channel and via hbc but neo gamma and another usb loader loaded fine
i just perfer gx cause of its easy gui for the wife and kids

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ @Psionic Roshambo