Wii doesnt boot any games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Meta, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009

Wii doesnt boot any games by Meta at 6:09 PM (814 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Meta
    OP

Newcomer Meta Member

Germany
    Hey guys, i have a problem with my Wii.

When I start it, it doesn't recognize the DVD in the drive. After some time there's a short sound and the drive starts to read the DVD. Before it reads the DVD I can't do anything with it. When I want to start a channel it says there's a problem and i have to turn it off ..

After recognizing the DVD everything worked well since yesterday. Now my Wii won't boot games with USB Loader anymore. I can start the USB Loader but when I try to boot any game, it says theres a problem etc .. Besides I managed to get my Zelda TP copy out of the drive after some time but now I can't put any games into it because the drive blocks the DVD like there is another one in it.

I bought my Wii in December 2006 and installes a Wiikey (original) in it but later my parents let it run three days by mistake and afters this it was dead.

We took it to a shop and they took the chip out, sent it to Nintendo and after the had it back they soldered a new chip (I don't know which one is it). Since then the first problem appeared. Since yesterday it doesn't boot games.

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

2. ften

Member ften GBAtemp Regular

Bangladesh
    Try unattaching and reattaching the drive cable and make sure your mod-chip solder points are good. I had an issue a week or 3 ago like this and it was just because my drive-cable was loose.

-FTen

3. Meta
    OP

Newcomer Meta Member

Germany
    Ok, I reattached the drive and checked the solder points but i think there where no problems.

The Wii won't take any discs and everything ist like before. Has anyone another tip?

4. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Sounds like the dvd drive may have failed as the drive is still linked to channels in a way. You may have to just get a new drive and replace it.

5. grentuu

Member grentuu GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have to second what Supermodchip said.

I had exactly the same problem. Started for no reason. Tried lots of different things to no avail. In the end got the drive exchanged and the chip refitted and works great.

Also you could do with knowing what modchip is fitted. In the event any updates are brought out you won't be able to take advantage.