Hacking Wii does nothing but Black Screen is this common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
vinzanity said:
Hielkenator said:
Darkcorp in this case is very obsolete because, the red Wii Will NEVER be able to read Backup discs.

Not wanting to sound rude but I think you've made your point that Darkcorp was not needed on a machine with a D3-2 drive but to say that the red Wii will NEVER be able to read backup discs is just wrong. Black Wiis also came with D3-2 and they said it could NEVER play back-ups. Guess what, I have a black Wii with Wiikey1 to play my Gamecube collection because I SWAPPED my D3-2 for a moddable one. So i guess you could re-phrase it to "the red Wii Will NEVER be able to read Backup discs unless you swap the drives?"

I'm not trying to sound like a troll. But if we go as far as taking the wii apart to make it function, well the list can go on and on.
Thank you for trying to light the fire some more.
I could'nt care less about your replaced drive. It's totally off topic. I tried to help in my own way. If somebody wants to install a COMPLETE wii system just to play backup off HD go ahead.
Just pointing out that there are better ways. If any body would go as far as to replace it's drive just to benefit from a Darcorp install...well... Like I said there are better and saver ways in doing that. oh damn I am trolling.... Sorry if I offended anybody. It was'nt my intention in any way.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lulwut said:
terminal_illness said:
darkcorp DOES do other things than just disc loading.
like?

o ye,
- trucha in every ios (overkill, not needed)
- nand permissions / ES_Identify in every ios (see above)
- cios in every ios ( also overkill )
- preventing updates in ios's that dont even matter if they existed/updated or not ( stupid AND overkill )

sooo, what useful thing would you get from darkcrap except of retardedness, fail coding (cios) everywhere & having done a useless step (let alone bricking risk)?

lmao, you got it, i said it does do other stuff, not it does do something useful.

i also said i dislike darkcorp, so really im not vouching for it at all... its totally overkill.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Reboot said:
Using Darkcorp to install trucha is way overkill, and not easier then the right way to do it.
1. run the software
2. click 3 whole buttons

Wow, you use dark corp to avoid those 2 whole steps?

Check out the guide in this section before you mod any more wii's that aren't yours.

Thanks Troll... cya later

For the THIRD time, the issue is resolved, thanks to anyone who had something not troll like to say, nothing to see here. Move on...

but you will be back again with the same problem! you need to update your methods. its serious because we don't want to have to keep helping you.

darkcorp is not needed. its a commodity for n00bs. so if you use darkcorp, you=n00b. keep in mind im not calling you names, you have proved it. if you have done "tons" of wiis, then you would know this by now.

be safe when hacking wiis. it will save you some headaches.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Installing DarkCorp on a wii ensures that the wii will always be vulnerable to softmoding, regardless of a lack of exploits. Any wii with DarkCorp installed can put in a cheap dvd drive that can read backups, then diskswap into a recovery disc and softmod their wii. So no mater what exploits Nintendo patch, a Darkcorp wii will always be vulnerable.

Installing DarkCorp enables a wii to recover from the recovery menu without a modchip. It a user screws up, removed priiloader, has no boot2 bootmii, they can still recover from a theme or banner type brick from the recovery menu. They may need to replace the dvd drive to do it, but that is probably cheaper than a modchip and a dvd drive.

DarkCorp patches a lot of ios, SO WHAT. Most people only ever use their system ios and cios. So the fact that these other wii ios are patched is irrelevant, the wii never uses them. The only ios the wii needs is the system ios, as long as it is working your good and the others can always be replaced if needed.

It is ridiculous that anytime someone posts for help, and state the fact that they installed DarkCorp, they get no help at all. Only rude comments about their decision to install DarkCorp, as if it had anything to do with the OP's issue. Really, if you don't understand the issue, don't post in a thread asking for help.

@OP- You really should switch to priiloader, that way you can change the system hacks before the system menu loads and other benefits. Startpatch just does not do the trick.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
terminal_illness said:
lulwut said:
terminal_illness said:
darkcorp DOES do other things than just disc loading.
like?

o ye,
- trucha in every ios (overkill, not needed)
- nand permissions / ES_Identify in every ios (see above)
- cios in every ios ( also overkill )
- preventing updates in ios's that dont even matter if they existed/updated or not ( stupid AND overkill )

sooo, what useful thing would you get from darkcrap except of retardedness, fail coding (cios) everywhere & having done a useless step (let alone bricking risk)?

lmao, you got it, i said it does do other stuff, not it does do something useful.

i also said i dislike darkcorp, so really im not vouching for it at all... its totally overkill.
my mistake then, i read it like you were saying it does something useful

Skater4599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Installing DarkCorp on a wii ensures that the wii will always be vulnerable to softmoding, regardless of a lack of exploits. Any wii with DarkCorp installed can put in a cheap dvd drive that can read backups, then diskswap into a recovery disc and softmod their wii. So no mater what exploits Nintendo patch, a Darkcorp wii will always be vulnerable.

Installing DarkCorp enables a wii to recover from the recovery menu without a modchip. It a user screws up, removed priiloader, has no boot2 bootmii, they can still recover from a theme or banner type brick from the recovery menu. They may need to replace the dvd drive to do it, but that is probably cheaper than a modchip and a dvd drive.

DarkCorp patches a lot of ios, SO WHAT. Most people only ever use their system ios and cios. So the fact that these other wii ios are patched is irrelevant, the wii never uses them. The only ios the wii needs is the system ios, as long as it is working your good and the others can always be replaced if needed.

It is ridiculous that anytime someone posts for help, and state the fact that they installed DarkCorp, they get no help at all. Only rude comments about their decision to install DarkCorp, as if it had anything to do with the OP's issue. Really, if you don't understand the issue, don't post in a thread asking for help.

@OP- You really should switch to priiloader, that way you can change the system hacks before the system menu loads and other benefits. Startpatch just does not do the trick.

Wow, my god THANK YOU Mauifrog i could not have said it better myself, And you are correct I have already switched to priiloader vs startpatch, though i did install priiloader on a lot of other wii's (That at the time didnt have startpatch available) Thanks for your help again!

I use darkcorp to protect myself even, so when the people who were not smart enough to mod there own wii (hence why im doing it for them) do something stupid like update through nintendo, I still have vulnerability's in the IOS's to fix there mistake. This is NOT the only brick protection I use either, Thank You.

End Topic

tjcool/other mods where are you, we need your help! Lock this thread man... This thread was a help thread, and the issue has been resolved, now its gone totally off track and is a war/debate about whether to use darkcorp or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-