Hardware Wii displays nothing on the TV (no signal)

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'll get straight to the point: my Wii just randomly decided to stop working. Pressing the power button turns it on and spins both the disc (ONLY if there was one before powering it on, see below) and the CPU fan.

It shows nothing on the screen (NOT a black screen, just "no signal"), pressing the power button once to turn it off does nothing (I have to either unplug it from the wall or press the power button for 10 seconds to force a shut down), the reset button is useless (even pressing power+reset doesn't bring Priiloader up), ejecting and spinning discs works but putting one back in doesn't (it sucks the disc but doesn't spin it afterwards, having a disc in before powering on the system does spin it as I said earlier).

Last thing I did with this Wii was doing the possible stupidity of powering it on and off and on and off repeatedly, then I started having these issues.

It has never been dropped and disassembling it reveals no oddities or disconnected cables or anything like that.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'll get straight to the point: my Wii just randomly decided to stop working. Pressing the power button turns it on and spins both the disc (ONLY if there was one before powering it on, see below) and the CPU fan.

It shows nothing on the screen (NOT a black screen, just "no signal"), pressing the power button once to turn it off does nothing (I have to either unplug it from the wall or press the power button for 10 seconds to force a shut down), the reset button is useless (even pressing power+reset doesn't bring Priiloader up), ejecting and spinning discs works but putting one back in doesn't (it sucks the disc but doesn't spin it afterwards, having a disc in before powering on the system does spin it as I said earlier).

Last thing I did with this Wii was doing the possible stupidity of powering it on and off and on and off repeatedly, then I started having these issues.

It has never been dropped and disassembling it reveals no oddities or disconnected cables or anything like that.

Hello.:)

Is the CPU Fan louder as usual ? Maybe there is a lot of "things" in your Wii like Dust and Dirt.:(
(I REALLY hope no other "living" Things...)
It is maybe not a bad Idea have a look into.

Did you check the TV Connections and TV Settings ?
Can you maybe try another TV and AV Cable and Power Supply ?

Thank you.:)

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No, the CPU fan's loudness is normal, I also cleaned it from the inside a couple of months ago

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also the AV cable has been tested with another Wii, works fine, I also tried using another TV

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
No, the CPU fan's loudness is normal, I also cleaned it from the inside a couple of months ago

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also the AV cable has been tested with another Wii, works fine, I also tried using another TV

Thank you for checking.:)

Can you turn on the Wii with the Wii Motion Controller ?
Turns the Wii´s LED from RED to GREEN when you press the Power button ?
Please unplug all USB Devices and Gamecube Equipment if you have.
Also please an SD Card if available.

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I don't know, I don't have access to Wii remotes or the motion sensor right now. The LED turns from red to green when powering it on, and does nothing when trying to power it off (unless it's pressed for 10 seconds)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don't know, I don't have access to Wii remotes or the motion sensor right now. The LED turns from red to green when powering it on, and does nothing when trying to power it off (unless it's pressed for 10 seconds)

Did you also have removed any USB Devices/Gamecube Equipment and the SD Card please ?

I am very sorry,I do not have any more useful suggestions for you.:(
Maybe it is an Hardware issue (SMD Tactile Button/Bluetooth/WiFi Module....)

Thank you for your Patience and your Help.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts