PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zanvetto said:
1.- If I decide not to use backup games any more and I just want to use regular original games, do I need to unistall anything from my Wii?
2.- If an update comes out what will happen to my console if I install the update right from the internet? Can I updeta it?
3.- Is there any website were I can download backup games (like funfile, Im not sure if those games works)?
1. You dont NEED to uninstall anything , but you can remove the channel using the wad manager and the cIOS249 using any title deleter
2. If you update things stop working and you cant go back with the recent update - theres no fix for it yet.
3. Yes there is , but downloading WII TORRENTS is illegal and we cant link you ... maybe google can ?

dazzak said:
I've manged to install the Homebrew Channel, and that seems fine, but when I try to do the next step - cIOS249 installer with read retry, it seems to go through the motions, with OK after each step, but then at the end it seems to fail at the point about adding ticket(?) or something.
Some more info for you - My Wii is on V 3.3E and I have installed the Homebrew channel which has beta9 & IOS36 at the top right - dunno if that info helps or not.
Are you using the Wifi to download the cIOS files ? (If you didnt get the files from my Zip you probably are trying to download)
Wifi tends to time out quite a bit and its a matter of just retrying until it works - you can alos get my zip and put folder 0000001 onto ur SD card and saves that issue.
If you still have trouble go to any title deleter and remove ios249 and re-install it again.

QUOTE(severednow @ Nov 24 2008, 02:42 AM)
I have a quick question that shouldn't be too hard. I'm still getting the 324 error and I just discovered that my backup launcher channel does run original (ie store bought) discs with no problem at all. I've tried 3 different media (maxell, memorex, verbatim. all dvd-r) and every burn speed my burner supports. I've also used nero and imgburn.
Now before I plop down the money is it safe to say that its the burner causing the issue? Seems to me this is the one thing left. Unfortunately I do not have a friend with a burner nearby to test this for me.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the burner is a dell
hate2.gif
gotta thank the lil lady for that
Sounds like it could be the dvd drive alright but its really hard to say to be honest - the cIOS may have had an error on install or the game your testing may be a bad iso or you may have hapened to find the most stubborn collection of DVD-r discs on the planet.
Before buying a new drive , get someone else to burn a disc for you - well worth testing that before wasting money - someone in work/school/random strangers on the street

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem guys.

Whenever I try to use the cIOS Installer, or install the Gamma wad, I get an error. I also get a DVD Read Error (324). I figured it was because for some reason the 3.3v2 update would just now disable unsigned wads, so I went through the whole process of going back to 3.2U. But now it's the exact same problem. On top of all this, I still can't uninstall the .3 Beta Channel wad (error).

Specifics:
I'm trying to install Normal-0.3g-Channel.wad
The cIOS Installer works fine until the very end, when it says failure and "returned -1". I put the files manually onto the SD card, and the exact same thing happened.
I also did that "ios36-64-v1042" installer, but it fails once it gets to "installing WAD" (yes, i do have the wad in the root). I do this because now all WADs won't install. :/
Whenever I try Reboot in the Gamma app, I get a quick green screen for less than a second then the Wii reboots normally.
The game I'm using is Sonic Unleashed NTSC, 1:1. The only change I made to the iso was using WiiBrickBlocker.

Can someone help me out?

dazzak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
dazzak said:
I've manged to install the Homebrew Channel, and that seems fine, but when I try to do the next step - cIOS249 installer with read retry, it seems to go through the motions, with OK after each step, but then at the end it seems to fail at the point about adding ticket(?) or something.
Some more info for you - My Wii is on V 3.3E and I have installed the Homebrew channel which has beta9 & IOS36 at the top right - dunno if that info helps or not.
Are you using the Wifi to download the cIOS files ? (If you didnt get the files from my Zip you probably are trying to download)
Wifi tends to time out quite a bit and its a matter of just retrying until it works - you can alos get my zip and put folder 0000001 onto ur SD card and saves that issue.
If you still have trouble go to any title deleter and remove ios249 and re-install it again.

Hi Dj - thanks for that - a couple of follow on q's -

1 - So I dont need to 'undo' the Wii shop update from 23rd Oct - pretty sure that is when it went to 3.3E (or 3.3v2).

2 - Assuming I don't need to do 1, I do have the 0000001 folder on the SD card, so I figure it's using that rather than trying it over the Wifi. When I ran any title deleter before, it seemed to give a couple of error messages, then loaded. Just a list of various items I'm not sure about. Which one do I go into to delete ios249, and is this part safe?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. The safe update is only if you want to use the shop channel - it installs ios51 and the new shop channel

2. You need to use anytitle deleter to remove the ios249 .... get the files from my zip just to be safe as they are the most recent ones. Replace the 000001 folder completely and if you dont have any title deleter in the apps folder of your SD card copy that across.

Let us know how you get on

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Psycho Sonic said:
I'm having a problem guys.

Whenever I try to use the cIOS Installer, or install the Gamma wad, I get an error. I also get a DVD Read Error (324). I figured it was because for some reason the 3.3v2 update would just now disable unsigned wads, so I went through the whole process of going back to 3.2U. But now it's the exact same problem. On top of all this, I still can't uninstall the .3 Beta Channel wad (error).

Specifics:
I'm trying to install Normal-0.3g-Channel.wad
The cIOS Installer works fine until the very end, when it says failure and "returned -1". I put the files manually onto the SD card, and the exact same thing happened.
I also did that "ios36-64-v1042" installer, but it fails once it gets to "installing WAD" (yes, i do have the wad in the root). I do this because now all WADs won't install. :/
Whenever I try Reboot in the Gamma app, I get a quick green screen for less than a second then the Wii reboots normally.
The game I'm using is Sonic Unleashed NTSC, 1:1. The only change I made to the iso was using WiiBrickBlocker.

Can someone help me out?

The only reason for wads not to install is that your version is still on 3.3v2 - the downgrade didnt work properly.
Try getting the Oct 23rd update fix files again in my sig and try the steps exactly as they are there - sometimes people use the cIOS downgrader and not the IOS downgrader. I have heard people being confused by this - ive never done it so im not an expert on the issue , but i have read a few who had the problems.

dazzak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
The only reason for wads not to install is that your version is still on 3.3v2 - the downgrade didnt work properly.
Try getting the Oct 23rd update fix files again in my sig and try the steps exactly as they are there - sometimes people use the cIOS downgrader and not the IOS downgrader. I have heard people being confused by this - ive never done it so im not an expert on the issue , but i have read a few who had the problems.

Hi Dj - sorry to come back to you again.

I've loaded any title deleter and had a look for ios249, but can't find it in any of the options - assume it should be with all the other ios files in System files?

read your response to the next poster and his problems sound similar. The error I get when attempting the cIOS249 updater gets to the end then throws up an error with -1017, and the next line is something like 'error returned -1'.

So do I have to do the file fix in your sig first, then the cIOS249 updater.

Thanks for all your help.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah 3.3v2 and 3.3 are both problems - try to downgrade to 3.2 using the October 23rd files and then try the normal install after that.
Just count yourself lucky ur not on 3.4 cause nothing can be done then.

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, your guys' programs have fucked up my homebrew. I'm getting tired of this, I've been trying to fix it for 5 hours.

I was at 3.2 from using both IOS downgrader and cIOS Downgrader. I did what DJ said, and tried to re-fix the Oct23 problem. After installing ios16 and using Custom WM to install Cios Fix, the Cios fix wouldn't install. I figured I may as well upgrade back to 3.3, so I did just now using cIOS Downgrade. Again. Now after installing ios16, Custom WM will install most wads, but it won't install ciosfix. Wad Manager won't install anything.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Psycho Sonic said:
Ok, your guys' programs have fucked up my homebrew. I'm getting tired of this, I've been trying to fix it for 5 hours.

I was at 3.2 from using both IOS downgrader and cIOS Downgrader. I did what DJ said, and tried to re-fix the Oct23 problem. After installing ios16 and using Custom WM to install Cios Fix, the Cios fix wouldn't install. I figured I may as well upgrade back to 3.3, so I did just now using cIOS Downgrade. Again. Now after installing ios16, Custom WM will install most wads, but it won't install ciosfix. Wad Manager won't install anything.

Mind if i ask how you got the IOS16 ? just making sure you have the correct one ... and if you know the correct way please dont blatently blurt any links that might cause trouble on the boards.

This system has worked for others so you are either missing steps or something is wrong thats causing the wii to react that way - its not the files or the procedure.

dazzak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI Guys - quick update to let you know where I am.

Applied the Oct 23rd update fix, using the 'correct' IOS16 - Worked my way through the read me, following each step very carefully! Tried installing Wad Manager v3.wad and that seems to have worked fine (i have a new channel for it and it loads ok).

I repeated step 8 to get the shop channel working, which I have checked and can get onto the shop channel.

I haven't downgraded to 3.2x as yet, do I need to do this? Or can I now just work through the Wiigator Backuplauncher 0.3 Gamma linked in your sig.

phertiker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dazzak said:
I haven't downgraded to 3.2x as yet, do I need to do this? Or can I now just work through the Wiigator Backuplauncher 0.3 Gamma linked in your sig.

Just install the gamma loader of your choice. You're ready to go.

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Psycho Sonic said:

Mind if i ask how you got the IOS16 ? just making sure you have the correct one ... and if you know the correct way please dont blatently blurt any links that might cause trouble on the boards.

This system has worked for others so you are either missing steps or something is wrong thats causing the wii to react that way - its not the files or the procedure.

Sorry, I was getting very impatient.

The ios is from a help page on the wehackwii wiki, which is literally identical besides the fact that it comes with the ios. It should work since it worked earlier when I first used the fix.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what is it that prevents the instruments for Rockband to work on gamma and is this issue going to be adressed??

totalnoob

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
he guys! im glad to have found a USEFUL tutorial for my wii, but i cant open the wii backup disc from syndicate... i use alcohol120% and it says its not readable because of sudden damage or different format... any other way to get the ios16? and the hint from djtaz doesnt work anymore...at least not for me...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Psycho Sonic said:
The ios is from a help page on the wehackwii wiki, which is literally identical besides the fact that it comes with the ios. It should work since it worked earlier when I first used the fix.
Sorry then - i cant guarantee anyone elses files - but there is a copy around if u work it out

Posts merged

QUOTE(totalnoob @ Nov 24 2008, 10:51 PM) he guys! im glad to have found a USEFUL tutorial for my wii, but i cant open the wii backup disc from syndicate... i use alcohol120% and it says its not readable because of sudden damage or different format... any other way to get the ios16? and the hint from djtaz doesnt work anymore...at least not for me...

Works for me

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*

Ok, I'm re-extracting Sonic Unleashed so I can scrub the ios15 and convert it.
I'll update on what's up.

Update:

I hate these half-assed tools. IOS15-64-v257.wad.out.wad was extracted from the game. I tried to patch it (no, i'm not retarded. i put it in the same directory as the patcher and dragged it), and I keep getting "this isn't the ios 15".

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I downloaded another ios16 from a well-seeded torrent, since apparently wehackwii isn't "reliable" enough for you. Still didn't work. Most things work in Custom 16 (except cios_fix), and still nothing but ios16 works in Wad Manager. I decided to continue with the process anyway, using IOS Downgrade. It said everything was already downgraded. I then used Wii Shop installer-thing ios51. Wad Manager STILL DOESN'T WORK. I'm now downgrading BACK to 3.2u, which I HAD been at before.

Did your programs just fuck me over? Do I have to reformat?

And don't blame me and say I'm doing it wrong, because I know I'm not. If you don't know the answer, just say so.

ANOTHER UPDATE FUCK:

Anyregion changer is now yelling at me. Everything went fine downgrading, but at the VERY GODDAMN END it gave me an error about the title. Then it sent me back to the main AnyRegion changer screen, saying I have a mismatch. HOW THE FUCK DO I HAVE A MISMATCH, I'M IN THE USA AND I'M DOWNGRADING TO USA 49.

Wii isn't bricked. Don't know why it yelled at me, I can see why no one likes AnyRegion Changer. I'm installing the Shop51. I'm sure it won't fix what's going on, but whatever.

dazzak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest update - having done the 3.3v2 (3.3E) update fix using the link in Djtaz's sig and obtaining IOS16 from the obvious place, I have now successfully completed that process.

Have now got the files for the Gamma loader from the sig link, run the cIOS249 update process - again this has now completed properly.
Have tested a patched backup of COD5 ( I realise now that it didn't need to be patched, but I had already burnt it) by choosing the backup launcher within the homebrew channel as per the how to instructions and it has loaded up fine!!!!:)

So I am basically sorted now, so many thanks to all who helped!

Just a couple of real noob q's to finish off with -

A) If i install one of the gamma channels included with WAD manager, do I still need to keep the SD card in the Wii, or are they then ok to use without the SD card in?

B) Which of the channels would you recommend, or does it really matter???

Again, many thanks, especially to dj for his pointers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...