Wii Covers (Regular CD)

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Dylaan, Sep 27, 2007.

Sep 27, 2007

Wii Covers (Regular CD) by Dylaan at 9:44 AM (598 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Dylaan
    OP

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hey, just wondering if there would be anywhere I could grab normal cd sized covers to use for my backups... I've seen plenty of sites with scans of originals, but I don't have any DVD cases. [​IMG] If not, where's a good place for logos and other resources to make covers...? And finally, where's the best place to buy white dvd cases that look like retail cases? Thanks!

2. Alastair

Member Alastair GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    They're easy to find on eBay (USA) but the postage would be lethal.
    My advice would be one of those asian two dollar shops.

3. webjedi

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you plan to stick with CD size cases then probably the best bet is to use one of the sites you've already found and edit the images yourself. I don't think I've ever run across a site with the DVD covers resized for CD cases.

If you want to go with DVD cases, I'd suggest some nice 14mm white cases from here...

Meritline

Having the white cases matches the Wii experience. [​IMG]

4. Dylaan
    OP

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Thanks for the suggestions... Where's the best place for game logos etc...? Somehow grab them from press-kits maybe?

Oh, and that Meritline link doesn't work...

5. webjedi

Member webjedi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Unsure why not, I tested the link and works fine for me.

The site is www.meritline.com, go there and search for "white DVD cases 14mm" and you'll see what they have. I don't recall the final cost with shipping but remember it wasn't as insane as I thought it would be. I searched pretty far and wide before ordering and they had the best deal at that time.

As for logos and such - sounds like you have the right idea - you'll have dig around a bit but can probably find what you want. Also gaming review sites and stores may have screenshots and logos readily available for all the games you're looking for.