Wii country broken?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by banjo2, Aug 9, 2016.

1. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    I'm having a problem when playing MKW with my country not showing up. I live in US but it shows I live in Japan or somewhere in the middle of the ocean (it changes every week). I cannot go to Wii country settings. It tells me that it can't find some address.

2. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    Have you looked up the error you're getting on Nintendo's website? Did you mess with the home menu app? You might want to try a system menu update, but I don't know if that replaces a possible corrupt home menu app.

3. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    It's not exactly an error. It just tells me that it can't find some address that starts with marc:\\ or something. I'm using a system menu theme and i'm currently using 4.3U

4. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    If you've installed a theme, I assume that means the system menu app has been modified. But I don't know, I've never used themes. I would recommend removing any themes and reverting back to the original system menu.

5. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    I switched back to original system menu theme and it allowed me to access the country settings, but it was already set to US. I played Mario Kart Wii and went to friends and it still said I live somewhere in the ocean.

6. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    Try formatting the system memory as well. You'd probably need to back up all your save files.

7. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    I'm not that desperate.

8. JacksonS

JacksonS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    Georgia
    So you're going to ask for help and then deny the suggestions given? Don't bother asking in the first place.

9. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Sorry, I was in a hurry to write that message. I guess what i'm saying is that I want to fix my country, but I don't want to format the NAND. My Wii will never be the same (it's not just homebrew channel installed and a theme). I thought maybe a gecko code could be run on the savegame and force it to think i'm from the US (which I am). Thanks for the suggestion, but I guess I may have just found my answer. Though my problem now is that i'm not sure how to do that to a savegame that's on the SD Card, but you don't have to answer that here. Thanks anyway.

10. TerryG

TerryG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Just because you make a suggestion doesn't mean someone has to take that suggestion.

11. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
  12. banjo2
    OP

banjo2 child

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    I looked up my Wii's IP and it shows the correct location. And yes, I am using Wiimmfi, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist in the first place.

13. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    There is also AltWFC so the question was relevant. I don't know what's causing your issue. You can try asking Wiimm in the Wiimmfi support thread.