gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem when playing MKW with my country not showing up. I live in US but it shows I live in Japan or somewhere in the middle of the ocean (it changes every week). I cannot go to Wii country settings. It tells me that it can't find some address.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you looked up the error you're getting on Nintendo's website? Did you mess with the home menu app? You might want to try a system menu update, but I don't know if that replaces a possible corrupt home menu app.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not exactly an error. It just tells me that it can't find some address that starts with marc:\\ or something. I'm using a system menu theme and i'm currently using 4.3U

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've installed a theme, I assume that means the system menu app has been modified. But I don't know, I've never used themes. I would recommend removing any themes and reverting back to the original system menu.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I switched back to original system menu theme and it allowed me to access the country settings, but it was already set to US. I played Mario Kart Wii and went to friends and it still said I live somewhere in the ocean.

banjo2

gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I was in a hurry to write that message. I guess what i'm saying is that I want to fix my country, but I don't want to format the NAND. My Wii will never be the same (it's not just homebrew channel installed and a theme). I thought maybe a gecko code could be run on the savegame and force it to think i'm from the US (which I am). Thanks for the suggestion, but I guess I may have just found my answer. Though my problem now is that i'm not sure how to do that to a savegame that's on the SD Card, but you don't have to answer that here. Thanks anyway.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked up my Wii's IP and it shows the correct location. And yes, I am using Wiimmfi, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist in the first place.

There is also AltWFC so the question was relevant. I don't know what's causing your issue. You can try asking Wiimm in the Wiimmfi support thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn