Hacking Wii Connect24 Off Error at Menu, But is on and workstoo

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i updated my wii to 4.3 using a wad, Then i proceeded to Startpatch it, with block updates disc & online, installed ios 236, then used my menufy to make my wii menu this one: http://gbatemp.net/t277986-my-metroid-them...e-eyes-of-samus.

As far as i know absolutely everything went smoothly. everything still works and what not. The only issue which is more of an annoyance is that regardless of whether wiiconnect24 is on or off, i still get the pop up error everytime i visit the wii menu. I have it enabled, and when i open news &/or weather channel,they both work.

So the issue is that something is reading it as being off even though it is on and working great

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure WiiConnect24 is a background thing. It doesn't turn the wifi on or off, it just lets the Wii update certain things when it's in standby mode (when the power light is yellow).

*Edited to reflect PPSanity's correction. Sorry for the mistake!*

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well whenever i access the menu, by like turning on my wii or returning to it from a channel/settings, a little window pops up which tells me wiiconnect24 is turned off. when it first appeared after all that did, i went to settings and checked; it was on. then i went to news and weather to see if it was broken of something. however they both were working as they were supposed to.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mvgc3 said:
I'm pretty sure WiiConnect24 is a background thing. It doesn't turn the wifi on or off, it just lets the Wii update itself when it's in standby mode (when the power light is yellow).

You SHOULDN'T have WiiConnect24 on if you have a modded Wii. You can turn it off and access the internet just fine.
Just like to correct something here...

Having WiiConnect24 on is not dangerous as far as having a modded Wii is concerned. It can cause your Wii to overheat if your Wii is not in a properly vented area as the fans do not run when in standby. The Wii has never updated its firmware itself without first prompting for user response. All the Wii does if WiiConnect24 is enabled is check for mail, and informational updates for channels like Weather, News, Everybody Votes, etc...

-[]D

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
What does it say exactly?
Just as confused as you here dude.
I've never ever seen or heard of that error unless trying to access a channel that depends on WC24 such as, shop, weather, news, everybody votes, nintendo, mario kart channel.
But they shouldn't produce an error message unless you actually try to launch them, then the error that WC24 isn't on comes up, never ever seen it just pop up going into the sys menu.

iggloovortex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently standby connection was causing the error. it was also causing my wii to over heat when in standby mode (orange light). i turned it off and the error is gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him