Hardware Wii Component Cables?

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I want to get Wii component cables. Preferably from newegg.com. Which ones should I get? How much better is 480i from 480p? Thanks.

michaelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the Nyko cables. They were heavier duty and had a better/tighter connection than the official ones. The only reason I got them is because they were the only ones I could find on store shelves back when I was looking but I have no complaints.

With any of them you're going to notice a much cleaner picture if you have an HD, widescreen display.

EDIT: I went to close the window and I saw how low the price on them is now. Pretty good deal.

olo567

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Hmm, $15, not bad. Do they make a noticeable difference?

If you have a TV capable of progressive scan, definitely do it. The colors are better, and everything is so much crisper, totally worth it.

Especially for this price:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

Only $4.40 +shipping, that's the same one I bought. Don't bother spending a lot for a cable unless you need it longer than that 6 ft.

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olo567 said:
Nin10doFan said:
Hmm, $15, not bad. Do they make a noticeable difference?

If you have a TV capable of progressive scan, definitely do it. The colors are better, and everything is so much crisper, totally worth it.

Especially for this price:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2

Only $4.40 +shipping, that's the same one I bought. Don't bother spending a lot for a cable unless you need it longer than that 6 ft.

How do I find out if it's capable of progressive scan? >.>

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
How do I find out if it's capable of progressive scan? >.>

It is, all component cables are, that's the point of them. the monoprice cables are a great deal.

I have bought these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4256 in the past, and compared them to official nintendo cables and could see no difference, but those monoprice cables will ship alot faster.

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered the ones from monoprice.com. I hope it gets here soon! It was very cheap, do they work well?

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't stand composite video after using component video. seriously it is the best different ever
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't expect the difference will blow you away, but still I think the purchase of those component cables were a good investment. It sure looks quite a bit sharper. At least it's sharp enough for Wii, because I'm sure if you'd see Super Mario Galaxy in HD quality it would be a huge disappointment (bad textures and lo-res fx)

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
It really does depend on how well your TV does display component, and how blind you are to the difference (amazing how people can't tell the difference between 128 and 320kbps mp3) but the difference is easily worth the money if you spend decent time on your console...or any at all

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 37" widescreen LCD (HD of course!)

I really didn't notice that much of a difference, but I did free up one RCA port on my TV to hook up my xbox without having to swap cables...

The only difference I saw was on most gamecube games, using the component cables usually ended up with the video signal not getting through, so I'd have to swap out to the standard cables to play them (as well as the SNES9x emu)

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 42" LCD. Will it make a difference? Another reason I'm getting it is to free up an AV port for the PS2.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
On huge TV's where you can really see crappy detail, I'd get the cables to hide it..you should notice a difference. I've run them normal and component side by side at my place, and you can definately see it

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soory for the double post, but it came today!
yaynds.gif
When I was playing SSBB, I didn't really notice a difference, but when I was playing Twilight Princess it looked a little sharper.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my 27'' LCD, everything comes through sharper, as it does on my brother's, which is around 40''. However, as all we can afford is the generic crap, we always get shitty lines going through which ruins the quality. It'd be nice for generic cords to not be so... generic
frown.gif

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are the nintendo cables really any better?

I have the joytech component cables. They seem fine, but overal I think my wii looked a lot better on my old 28" crt with a RGB scart cable compared with my 40" lcd with component.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.