nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kelc3949 said:
So im not completely sure what to do on NSUD, but i tried, and was wondering if this would work: DataBase->System->System Menu->v289 3.2U and then i selected database->IOS->IOS60 latest version and also region codes->45 (USA). And started the download. Is this correct?

IOS60 is the IOS for system menu 4.0/4.1. If you want to get the IOS that system menu 3.2 runs off of you need IOS30 and not the most recent version of it because it is a stub.

Also make a nand backup now as he's suggesting.

Also since the Wii bricked after installing that cios_fix.wad, maybe that was a bad wad or something. If you can go into wad manager at all, try just deleting that wad first. cios_fix.wad isn't something that should ever be necessary anymore anyways.

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, when you get this fixed make a NAND Backup!

If you had a NAND Backup earlier this would have been a 2 step super easy fix..
smile.gif

Oh well, live and learn.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bushing just released a tool that would help people in this situation. It's called 'Betwiin' and will convert a NAND dump from one Wii to work on another Wii. There are some caveats though, check out this thread for more information:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=173226

I'm sure OP's problem could be solved using other's suggestions (reinstall system menu, etc), but I thought I'd post this here for reference.
smile.gif

kelc3949

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i do have my keys if that matters.........but on the Betwiin v1.0 can my wii work if i just convert someone with a ntsu wii and version 3.2??

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kelc3949 said:
Well, i do have my keys if that matters.........but on the Betwiin v1.0 can my wii work if i just convert someone with a ntsu wii and version 3.2??

It does seem rather dangerous to try as not all NAND backups will have the same factory bad blocks and if the one you get has an important file on one block that is a bad block on your nand chip, it could screw you over. I'd only try it as a last resort when you are positive nothing else you can do in the Homebrew channel now can fix your brick.

Have you tried using wad manager to uninstall that cios_fix.wad yet?

kelc3949

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I fixed it!!!!!! Thanks everyone for helping me!!! It starts up again. And as soon as i start it up im making a backup
tongue.gif
I used TBR, and Anyregion changer. Finally it works
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great to hear, kelc3949! Definitely make that NAND backup and make sure to keep it in a safe place. Never hurts to burn it to a CD-R or DVD-R so you'll have a copy in case your computer ever crashes.

Cheers!
cheersm.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.