Hacking Wii Brick Blocker - SSBB DL

halogen64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wondering if anyone knows if you can brick block the DL version of brawl. If no one responds by tomorrow mid-day I will update this thread

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did the 15% trick and I would like to remove the update of the dual layer iso to play without being forced to update to 100%.

The problem is that Wiibrickblocker was not created to work with dual layer iso.
But what wiibrickblocker does is to modify the update partition of the iso.
So I thought of something :

I'm gonna try a tool which creates a ppf patch by comparing 2 files : the normal D5 iso and the brickblocked D5 iso.
Then I'll use this ppf patch with the dual layer iso, it'll say that the iso size doesn't match but it should work anyway.

I'll try this tonight and tell you the results.

halogen64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with the Wiikey, without removing the update partition on the SSBB game, you will be updating your wii with Japanese firmware. The problem with this is that you will get duplicate channels on your wii which you can't remove. There are various methods to avoid this, but they are posted EVERYWHERE,

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even with the Wiikey, without removing the update partition on the SSBB game, you will be updating your wii with Japanese firmware. The problem with this is that you will get duplicate channels on your wii which you can't remove. There are various methods to avoid this, but they are posted EVERYWHERE,

Yes but for now, it is not possible to launch the dual layer rip without swapping or having duplicate channels.
Unless WIU 1.1 can remove the update on the dual layer rip...

Fish on a Stick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From the release thread

Hey, I've read through most of this thread and don't see any mention of this so here goes...

Has anyone tried the new version of BrickBlocker? Version 1.3R2 (apparently released today)..

In the words of the author..
QUOTE said:
I come back after a long time without updates but today it's necessary because Wii games are on Dual Layer DVD. I have made a little update that I can't test now because I haven't bought yet the game that makes issues.

I would much rather BrickBlock the DVD9 version than be swapping all the time.. I'd test myself but my copy is down yet.

thanks

http://www.wii-addict.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=18329

http://wbb.rockman18.com/upload/wbb/WiiBri...cker_v1_3R2.rar

Someone willing to try?

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wrote to the author of BrickBlocker this morning. He just answered me telling this new version is out.

Great guy !!!

I'll try this as soon as I can.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
damnit
I just started burning the DVD9 image without brickblocker...
wasted a DVD+R DL x_x

But don't WiiKey users have to boot the game with the DVD5 version, anyway?

It's not needed! Wiikey works fine with DL backup.

Thanks...
Well, looks like I have to burn it once more
dry.gif

QUOTE(Artimes @ Feb 5 2008, 04:03 PM)I'd give it a try if I could extract my iso :/ It still says i have 6 volume corrupt portions. I've tried a repair program and I am extracting the iso again (8gb iso takes 30+ minutes)...
I successfully unpacked the archive after repairing it with QuickPar...if it doesn't work even after running QuickPar, you should probably re-download the missing/broken files as well as the par2 files

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wrote to the author of BrickBlocker this morning. He just answered me telling this new version is out.

Great guy !!!

I'll try this as soon as I can.

Hip hip HOORAY for Disizdream!!!!!!!

Hip hip hip hip hip HOOORRAYH!!!!! for Mr. Brickblockauthor

Artimes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I was just browsing through the folder where all the different pieces were and there was the ISO for SSBB DL... I still get the error message but I guess it worked. File size is right, and it's been patched with the new version of WiiBrickBlocker. Within an hour I'll know if it worked or not.

Disizdream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I was just browsing through the folder where all the different pieces were and there was the ISO for SSBB DL... I still get the error message but I guess it worked. File size is right, and it's been patched with the new version of WiiBrickBlocker. Within an hour I'll know if it worked or not.

Just to be sure you already did the 15% trick ?
If not don't expect the BrickBlocked dual layer iso to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1