Hacking Wii Boots to NOTHING HELP!!!

silkyskeeter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I think I messed up something upon using hackmii to install CIOSCORP and Preloader and now when I turn on the system it sends no signal to the tv and the wiimote wont even turn on. It happened when i downgraded and then installed iso35 and then used the iso60patched.wad from wad manager 1.4. Upon doing that, I went back to the system menu and it displayed the files are corrupt error so I ran preloader to go to hbc and uninstalled the two IOSs thinking that would fix it and now it boots to NOTHNG is there anyway to fix this or am i just messed up?

silkyskeeter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
krnxmatt7 said:
silly little skeeter, I hope you didn't uninstall the system menu while you were doing this.

how do I know if I did? By the looks of what it is doing....that seems like what I did.......but all I did was mess with ios60 and ios35 is eitherone of those the system menu?

Posts merged

silkyskeeter said:
QUOTE(krnxmatt7 @ Jun 28 2009, 09:13 PM) silly little skeeter, I hope you didn't uninstall the system menu while you were doing this.

how do I know if I did? By the looks of what it is doing....that seems like what I did.......but all I did was mess with ios60 and ios35 is eitherone of those the system menu?
I think I installed bootmii......how would bootmii help me?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed BootMii/boot2 then you could do something. But if you weren't able to then you're screwed.

Every guide on this forum tells you that uninstalling IOS's is a no-no, so I'm sorry to say that you dug your own grave with this one.

silkyskeeter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
krnxmatt7 said:
IIRC, it uses AnyRegionChanger to install System Menu 3.2

Hope you did, otherwise, you're screwed.

Okay this is kinda new to me, but when I COULD access my wii there was an option in hbc when I pressed home that said bootmii, that means its installed right? And if so how do I IIRC? and I also had the AnyRegionChanger on the sd card.....but from what i was reading bootmii is supposed to boot when you start the wii right? which it never did...like I said I boot to nothing...doesn't even seen a signal to may tv...or it sends a black screen (which my tv displays as a blue screen)

silkyskeeter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
If you installed BootMii/boot2 then you could do something. But if you weren't able to then you're screwed.

Every guide on this forum tells you that uninstalling IOS's is a no-no, so I'm sorry to say that you dug your own grave with this one.
LoL guess I'm screwed then....unless I can forcefully put the IOSs back on the Wii via PC to Wii connection......guess gonna just have to buy another Wii it seems.....
tongue.gif
least it is only like 180$

silkyskeeter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thanks to all that responded....and the quick manner in which you did.....and for not flaming me for my stupid mistake xD.....Least I know now for my next Wii.....LoL is there anything I can do with this Wii to benefit my next Wii?

silkyskeeter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TroyTheZombie said:
not really. I suppose spare parts(DVD drive, fan, bluetooth module) other than that, its a $180 paper weight.
wel I guess that is a plus since DVD drives don't last long it seems these days......to think all this just because i couldn't get Wii Sports Resort to work
tongue.gif
.....LoL guess back to playing 360 for a while.....
sleep.gif
need to finish playing Prototype anyway.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow. now a days people have $180 to blow?
might as well spend $85 to have it fixed by nintendo??

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, my advice is contact Nintendo, and lie your ass off.

Say you were doing a system update, and after it was done, it wouldn't boot or something. worst case scenario, they make you pay 85 to fix it.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the SD card, but keep it in the plug.
Turn the wii on, wait for the click and the light flash.
Push the card back in, and hold reset.

silkyskeeter

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
wow. now a days people have $180 to blow?
might as well spend $85 to have it fixed by nintendo??

A:Hmmmm 85$=takes a week or longer to come back

B:Hmmm 180$= I get tomorrow or whenever I decide to go out and get another Wii

I choose B: even if I take take a week to get go out and get one I still get it same day and with a warranty and 180$ is nothing compared to what 360 and ps3 would cost me......THATS why I am not modding either one of those babies...too much to replace.......180$ is what I normally pay on cash items on online games.......really isn't that much if you actually have a job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated