Wii board bricked. Trying to bring it back to life. Help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Usuario-X, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Usuario-X
    OP

Usuario-X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2010
    United States
    Howdy reader!

Here's the deal... I got a wii board, bricked.
    The only thing that is attached to this board is the bluetooth module, the heatsink and the on/off switches (all switches less the one that goes in the front panel by wire).
    When I plug the power supply on it, the power led goes red.. then when I press the on switch it goes green... but still no video no nothing since it's bricked.
    My question is:

This board alone, as is.. if it wasn't bricked, would output video?

When I power it on, it doesn't go off.. green light still on forever.
    I already tried to boot it with bootmii files in a sd card and the sd card in the slot, nothing happens
    I also tried to do the gc pad trick in port 4.. still no screen.

So... before I take my fully working wii apart to use the parts to try to power this board on... please answer [​IMG]
    Also.. I actually can swap the components freely from a board to another?

Thank you in advance!

2. Bunie

Bunie #1 Princess

Aug 19, 2010
    United States
    Pleasureville, KY
    You should tell us what you where doing or what was happening when it bricked.

3. CarbonX13

CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Aug 27, 2010
    Taiwan
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I don't think it's considered a 'brick' if the hardware fails... that's what a hardware failure is.

You may want this thread moved over to the Hardware section...

4. Usuario-X
    OP

Usuario-X Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2010
    United States
    @ Bunie: Hell if I know LOL. I got this board as is. No case, no other stuff attached to it. All I know about this board is - It's just bricked. Nothing more, nothing less. Guy took it out from wii case and brought to me.

@ CarbonX13: It's NOT a hardware fail. This board was softbricked. Dunno how. Never seen it working.
    Please read my questions again.
    I want to know if "JUST the board" can output video if it wasn't softbricked or I need to have all components attached to it in order to get video?