Hacking Wii board bricked. Trying to bring it back to life. Help!

Usuario-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy reader!

Here's the deal... I got a wii board, bricked.
The only thing that is attached to this board is the bluetooth module, the heatsink and the on/off switches (all switches less the one that goes in the front panel by wire).
When I plug the power supply on it, the power led goes red.. then when I press the on switch it goes green... but still no video no nothing since it's bricked.
My question is:

This board alone, as is.. if it wasn't bricked, would output video?

When I power it on, it doesn't go off.. green light still on forever.
I already tried to boot it with bootmii files in a sd card and the sd card in the slot, nothing happens
I also tried to do the gc pad trick in port 4.. still no screen.

So... before I take my fully working wii apart to use the parts to try to power this board on... please answer
biggrin.gif

Also.. I actually can swap the components freely from a board to another?

Thank you in advance!

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usuario-X said:
Howdy reader!

Here's the deal... I got a wii board, bricked.
The only thing that is attached to this board is the bluetooth module, the heatsink and the on/off switches (all switches less the one that goes in the front panel by wire).
When I plug the power supply on it, the power led goes red.. then when I press the on switch it goes green... but still no video no nothing since it's bricked.
My question is:

This board alone, as is.. if it wasn't bricked, would output video?

When I power it on, it doesn't go off.. green light still on forever.
I already tried to boot it with bootmii files in a sd card and the sd card in the slot, nothing happens
I also tried to do the gc pad trick in port 4.. still no screen.

So... before I take my fully working wii apart to use the parts to try to power this board on... please answer
biggrin.gif

Also.. I actually can swap the components freely from a board to another?

Thank you in advance!
You should tell us what you where doing or what was happening when it bricked.

Usuario-X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Bunie: Hell if I know LOL. I got this board as is. No case, no other stuff attached to it. All I know about this board is - It's just bricked. Nothing more, nothing less. Guy took it out from wii case and brought to me.

@ CarbonX13: It's NOT a hardware fail. This board was softbricked. Dunno how. Never seen it working.
Please read my questions again.
I want to know if "JUST the board" can output video if it wasn't softbricked or I need to have all components attached to it in order to get video?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu