aznmarvo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok... I have had an issue with my Wii.
It's on system menu 4.1e.
I firstly installed a wad, ios16-64-v247-prod.
After I did this every time I tried to launch an app in HBC I get a black screen.
Then I thought I should reformat it and see if it helped, but there was no success in that.
I then tried to bannerbomb the Wii using the Hackmii installer, when it loaded it also gave me a black screen.
Now I am stuck and need to ask the question, does anyone know how to fix this?
I remember installing Bootmii as an IOS, but I have no preloader.
Also, will Nintendo's system update to 4.2e save my Wii, brick it, or do nothing at all?

Thanks.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If all else fails, update it. Try installing HBC again. If it bricks during the update, call N and tell them update to 4.2 failed. You'll get a refurb, likely cheap or free since the update has caused quite a few bricks. Some people report getting bootmii/boot2 capable wiis back.

As tattar8 said, IOS16 is horribly outdated. It was worthless for modding as of 4.0.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
see the stickies at the very top of this forum?

xzero's guide, follow it from the very beginning, to the very end. do EVERY step. don't skip any.

By the end, you will have a fully hacked wii.

aznmarvo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is v2 suppose to work with system menu 4.1e? and also with v1 I've tried all of them before and they all froze my Wii except 1 so I think I can only use the one I got at the moment.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bannerbomb v2 is only for 4.2, Bannerbomb is for 4.1 and lower, so don't use V2
wink.gif

aznmarvo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ios16-64-v247-prod just stuffed everything up I guess, ever since I installed that wad I haven't been able to load many apps, including SSBB.

*EDIT* It's a long story... Was being stupid, went through my random list of wads, thought one would work in order to run my backup loader.. Then Boom...

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your IOS16 v257 was actually an IOS16? I have a feeling it might have been an IOS36, since SSBB won't run. Your IOS36 is corrupt or missing.

Never trust the name of the wad. I once had an IOS34 that was labeled as an IOS60. I'm sure you can guess what happened. Ended with a bootmii restore. For the future, it's best to make IOS wads with NUS Downloader, since you can guarantee they are the IOS you wanted, and are not corrupt.

See if Wad Manager or DOP-IOS MOD will run from bannerbomb. If so, select IOS60 as the IOS to use, then install the latest IOS36 (no trucha if using DOP-IOS MOD). Try hackmii installer again.

aznmarvo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would try bannerbomb v2 asap, but that won't be any time soon, cause I'm tired at the moment. Please come the support coming. Will updating through Nintendo brick my Wii is still my main question? Because I can just update and try the 4.2 hack.

aznmarvo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm.. Tried Bannerbomb v2 but it freezes. Does anyone actually know the answer to my simple question???

*treat this as a bump*

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you go to data management and bannerbomb pops up to ask you if you want to run the boot.dol (or boot.elf) , do you even see that qustion or you get instantly a black screen? if you get the question but then you accept, maybe it is the boot.dol (or .elf) that is in the root of your SD card that is corrupted, try putting the hackmii installer as the boot.dol so you can re-install the hbc

my 2 cents

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse