Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
xflak40 said:
350 disks! wow i would hate 2 be u right now, thats goin 2 take forever!

if u run into any bugs be sure to report back!

I used to save the ISOs but my hdds were completely full with games. So the solution was burn every DVD.
Now a 1.5TB disk is cheaper and wbfs files save space so I'm going back to HDDs. The support for NTFS on new loaders is what I wanted too.

Sure I'll report back, is there a log on the program or do you need screen caps?

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fig2k4 said:
Files->ISO should be working. I just tested again to see if I had overlooked something, but...

1. Load your files as normal
2. Select->All
3. Transfer->ISO..

Do you get some kind of error?

I don't know what happened yesterday, but now it is working like before.
I just downloaded the new version and copied it over the old one. Maybe some kind of leftover?
Or maybe I am stupid and did not select them first...

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Could it be possible to add a graphical representation to the WBFS formated drives ?
like a defrag utility, to see how are fragmented the games (for example each games with a different color, or color overlay on mouseover)
That could be handy and a defrag utility too.
smile.gif
A defragger wouldn't be very difficult I don't think, it just needs someone to take the time to write it..

QUOTE said:
ah, one questions, did you used the corrections from Wiimm ?
As there are still loaders and managers with writting/deleting errors, It may be why I'm having corrupted games, and it could be everywhere, not only on the header :/
The version of libWBFS I converted from did have the deletion bug. I later came across people commenting on the bug, so I went searching for the solution only to discover that I had already noticed it and fixed it while I was converting the code for the 3rd time.
smile.gif
It took me a week or 2 to learn what everything was for and where the code would fit into different classes. WBM has never had the deletion bug, since it was fixed before the first release.
QUOTE said:
One question, you don't mention any other compression formats besides rar. Do you support others, specifically zip and 7zip? If not, would it be possible?
Zip and 7zip would be just as easy to use as RAR. I've built up quite a large code base over the years for dealing with all sorts of crap.
smile.gif
I'll be adding zip soon anyway because I need to extract the WiiTDB.zip file, so I might as well allow ISO extraction from zip too. If I ever add support for exporting ISO to archives, I'd definitely be using 7zip. If anyone actually stores files using zip or 7zip, I'll add them sooner.

I have 350 burned DVDs that I'll need to convert to .wbfs files that will be stored in a NTFS HDD
I'd suggest that you rip 2 or 3, then test them, rip some more, test them.. Just to make sure everything's working as it should. Once you see that the first few are OK, you can safely do the rest. I wouldn't want you to do all 350 of them only to discover a bug, LOL. Having said that, everything I've tested from disc works fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
fig2k4 said:
QUOTE said:
ah, one questions, did you used the corrections from Wiimm ?
As there are still loaders and managers with writting/deleting errors, It may be why I'm having corrupted games, and it could be everywhere, not only on the header :/
The version of libWBFS I converted from did have the deletion bug. I later came across people commenting on the bug, so I went searching for the solution only to discover that I had already noticed it and fixed it while I was converting the code for the 3rd time.
smile.gif
It took me a week or 2 to learn what everything was for and where the code would fit into different classes. WBM has never had the deletion bug, since it was fixed before the first release.
I thought Wiimm discovered more bugs.
I didn't read all his "inside wbfs" thread, I might have miss things.
But as you said you already corrected few things, maybe you already did it by yourself.

Thanks for your efforts on this program
smile.gif

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan on storing all my iso's with 7zip, I've just been waiting to find a manager that supports it. Glad to hear support will be seen in the future.

DanWiiffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use the 7zip sdk it decompresses everything and also compresses. There is also a c# wrapper, don't know if there is a delphi wrapper though.

leo_bsb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
fig2k4 said:
QUOTE said:
I have 350 burned DVDs that I'll need to convert to .wbfs files that will be stored in a NTFS HDD
I'd suggest that you rip 2 or 3, then test them, rip some more, test them.. Just to make sure everything's working as it should. Once you see that the first few are OK, you can safely do the rest. I wouldn't want you to do all 350 of them only to discover a bug, LOL. Having said that, everything I've tested from disc works fine.

Thanks for the tip but I don't know what is worst, do 3 and try every time or do all 350 and all fail
smile.gif

I did 65 DVDs today, tested 2, both work flawlessly.

Great program.

I had just two problems with non readable games: Mario Kart and Rune Factory. For those two I made an ISO with imgburn and converted them to wbfs.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
gir489 said:
Next time, try using a real file hosting service.
The file is less than 1MB, i'm pretty sure u can download it quickly from any file sharing service... r u seriously complaining about how fig2k4 shares his files? who the hell do u think u are? show some damn respect... next time try thanking the developer instead of complaining.

ravingzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

First thanks for this amazing software!

I have an issue, I try to copy the entire drive 1 to drive 2 but it always stop after couples of games and I can't continue to put more games.. is it normal?

The original drive is a WBFS partition, I try to transfer from WBFS to NTFS still the same, WBFS to FAT32 and still the same, WBFS to WBFS and still the same any idea why??

Thanks

EDIT: Ok, seems to be fine now, but the program is not able to copy Sonic and Mario at the olympic games, but with WBFS manager it's working... so don't know what's wrong with this game with Wii backup manager

leo_bsb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
fig2k4, the program is working great so far, some suggestions:

- since I'm using the DVD function it would be great if the tray opens after ripping the disk.
- the DVD does not refresh alone when you change disks, I have to disable and select the drive again to show a new disk.
- some kind of batch ripping process: the tray opens when finish, you put a new disk and it starts ripping a new disk automatically.

Otherwise great job, until now just two disks didn't work.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You can use the 7zip sdk it decompresses everything and also compresses. There is also a c# wrapper, don't know if there is a delphi wrapper though.
The only reason I'm not using it for everything is that I couldn't find a version that does RAR. I know it supports it, so I'll probably need to recompile it with RAR support. Worst case, I'll just use the unRar.dll and 7zip for everything else.

@ravingzeus
I seems like there might be something wrong with the game. Because I actually read the Wii disc image stored in WBFS, the data must be valid. If there is a problem with the data, then it'll show in the log. If you have time to try this again, I'd like to see the log to rule out any problems in the app. After using WBFS Manager, does the game work on the Wii?

It probably seems like a pain in the ass that the transfers stop when there's an error, but if it didn't you'd be wondering why that game wasn't transferred. Or maybe not even notice it until after you've deleted stuff, which would be worse. I should probably pop up an error message and allow the transfers to continue though, rather than just stopping it. In that case, if you're not around to confirm it, it would still be paused until you get back. A pain either way..

@leo_bsb
If you have time, could you also try one of those discs again and send me the log? Again, to rule out problems in the app. I could add a full rip option that does a 1 to 1 rip of the disc to ISO, if it'll help.

- since I'm using the DVD function it would be great if the tray opens after ripping the disk.
I'll add an option for that.
- the DVD does not refresh alone when you change disks, I have to disable and select the drive again to show a new disk.
I purposely left out the auto insert notification stuff in 0.3.0+, because I wanted to make sure it wasn't causing any problems at the start. I did mean to add it again sooner than this though. It's the same with all the drives.
- some kind of batch ripping process: the tray opens when finish, you put a new disk and it starts ripping a new disk automatically.
That could be easily done. When batch mode is enabled, the progress panel will stay open with a message "Waiting for next DVD.." or something. As soon as you insert it, the list will refresh and the next rip will start. Once finished, you could click on the cancel/stop button on the progress panel while it's waiting for the next DVD.

I think batch mode should be a toggle option in the transfer menu, then you can select any of the menu items (eg. "Drive 1..", "ISO..") to start the transfers as normal.

@gir489
I'd like to know what you're definition of a "real" file hosting service is?
tongue.gif

4shared gives me 10 GB of free storage space which can be organised any way I want using their file manager. I can have unlimited sub domains pointing to any of the folders I've created. For downloaders, there's a measly 10 second delay, 1 ad, not including the youtube thing on the right and the transfer speeds for me are faster than any other free host I've tried.

If you'd like to pay for a "real" host for me, I'd start using it.
smile.gif
Otherwise, I'll stick with the best free host I've came across.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
This is what I'm working on at the moment..

Covers and game information from WiiTDB, which will be shown when you click on an item in any of the lists. Once the basics are done, I'll add a database page that'll be just another list, but you'll be able to filter, sort the items etc. Any game that's loaded in any of the lists will be automatically added to the database, or you can add them manually too. If the files still exist, then you'll be able to add them to the file list straight from the database page.

Edit: Batch cover downloads will have a progress panel on the database page. When you click on an item that doesn't already have the covers, it'll be downloaded on the fly. I'm using 5 download threads at the moment, so hopefully the 4 covers and game info will be quick to download on the fly. It'll speed up batch downloads too. I might need to reduce the thread count though because I'm not sure if that many connections is allowed, or will be frowned upon by the WiiTDB people.
smile.gif

BTW, all of the above is just planned, most of it hasn't been implemented yet. If you have any ideas, now is probably the best time to let me know.
smile.gif

coversh.jpg

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
fig2k4 said:

BTW, all of the above is just planned, most of it hasn't been implemented yet. If you have any ideas, now is probably the best time to let me know.
smile.gif
wow.

finally seems to be making a "real" use of wiitdb on computer..
that's great news.

Cheers,
R

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
fig2k4 said:

Covers and game information from WiiTDB, which will be shown when you click on an item in any of the lists. Once the basics are done, I'll add a database page that'll be just another list, but you'll be able to filter, sort the items etc. Any game that's loaded in any of the lists will be automatically added to the database, or you can add them manually too. If the files still exist, then you'll be able to add them to the file list straight from the database page.

Edit: Batch cover downloads will have a progress panel on the database page. When you click on an item that doesn't already have the covers, it'll be downloaded on the fly. I'm using 5 download threads at the moment, so hopefully the 4 covers and game info will be quick to download on the fly. It'll speed up batch downloads too. I might need to reduce the thread count though because I'm not sure if that many connections is allowed, or will be frowned upon by the WiiTDB people.
smile.gif

smile.gif

looks like your app is coming on very nicely fig, cant wait to test it out

leo_bsb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
fig2k4 said:
@leo_bsb
If you have time, could you also try one of those discs again and send me the log? Again, to rule out problems in the app. I could add a full rip option that does a 1 to 1 rip of the disc to ISO, if it'll help.

I'll add an option for that.
I purposely left out the auto insert notification stuff in 0.3.0+, because I wanted to make sure it wasn't causing any problems at the start. I did mean to add it again sooner than this though. It's the same with all the drives.
That could be easily done. When batch mode is enabled, the progress panel will stay open with a message "Waiting for next DVD.." or something. As soon as you insert it, the list will refresh and the next rip will start. Once finished, you could click on the cancel/stop button on the progress panel while it's waiting for the next DVD.

I think batch mode should be a toggle option in the transfer menu, then you can select any of the menu items (eg. "Drive 1..", "ISO..") to start the transfers as normal.

You are aiming for a perfect manager, great job so far.

I'll send the log, I'll try the disks again today. The full rip will help, until there I'll use imgburn.
The open tray will be perfect.
The auto insert will be needed for the batch rip. If you do not add it the games will be ripped with the previous name. It happened to me, I didn't refresh the disk on purpose and a game can be extracted with the wrong name.
If you do the batch process for every type of rip (ISO, cISO and .wbfs) it will be perfect. I'll choose wbfs file, the destination folder and hit start. The game is recognized, the folder is created, the .wbfs file is extracted, the tray opens, you put a new disk and the process continues. You just need some kind of error alert when the disk is not recognized or somer other error occur.

Thanks dude!

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Can I request for the "Maximum WBFS file size" to be back for the next version? Auto is great but all my partitions are NTFS and it is more convenient if the wbfs files I am going to copy to is a FAT32 one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work