fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
@digdug3
I've got Q, K and T down as Korean. I'm not sure why, it's just some values I came across and used a while ago.

@TeenTin
Did you have auto renaming or hash calculation enabled? Which file was different and were the files identical in size?

@Cyan
The "Some selected items are duplicates" problem is probably something silly. All it does is stop you from trying to transfer 2 identical games to a drive, which would be a waste of time and could cause errors since there would be 2 entries the same on the drive. I have a feeling that the code just checks for the duplicate flag in the list entry, but doesn't check if any of the other duplicates are actually selected. Maybe that's why the app hangs too, because it expects other items to be selected, but they aren't. I'll let you know..

@OlivierTheBest
I'll run a few tests with the different split sizes. From what tested so far, the split setting is used correctly and the read/write split size is set correctly.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
@OlivierTheBest
I'll run a few tests with the different split sizes. From what tested so far, the split setting is used correctly and the read/write split size is set correctly.

I do use version 0.3.4
I got again a WBFS file bigger than 4 Gb instead of a few files up to 2 Gb

The fonction used is TRANSFER (I open an ISO file, select game, transfer to WBFS file)

See here an extrac of log file (game name of ID has been changed to MY_GAME) :

12:51:09 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Thread started
12:51:09 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Disc count 1
12:51:09 (WiiFatDrive.GetTempFilename) Created folder E:\jeux wii\MY_GAME
12:51:09 (WiiFatDrive.OpenVolume) Created volume E:\jeux wii\MY_GAME\~9.tmp
12:57:28 (WBFSPartition.AddDisc) Disc added successfully. MY_GAME MY_GAME
12:57:28 (WBFSPartition.Trim) 4132 MB
12:57:28 (WiiFatDrive.RenameTempFiles) Renamed ~9.tmp MY_GAME.wbfs
12:57:28 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Thread terminated.
12:57:28 (FilesToWBFSFileThread) Time taken. 00:06:18

See here below the settings.ini content

[Settings]
DebugLevel=3
PrevOpen=
PrevSave=E:\jeux wii
TempFolder=C:\Documents and Settings\Patricia\Mes documents\Mes fichiers reçus\WII\Systeme WBFS\WiiBackupManager0.3.4\temp
CustomFolder1=
CustomFolder2=
PartitionSelect=2
ExtractRAROnAdd=0
AllowDupFiles=0
Clean=0
CalcMD5=1
AdvancedEntryEdit=0
TitlesLanguage=1
UnitSize=0
UseTitles=1
WBFSFileUseFolders=1
WBFSFolderStyle=2
ConvertConventionOnMount=0
WBFSIgnoreStorageConvention=0
UseTitleForStorageConvention=1
AutoRenameDriveTransfers=0
AutoRenameWBFSFileTransfers=0
UseCustomTitles=0
WBFSSplitStyle=3
NTFSISO=0
AddFolderRecurse=1
DriveBarColor0=FFFFFF
DriveBarColor1=000000
DriveBarColor2=008000
DriveBarColor3=00FF00
DriveBarColor4=FF0000
ProgressBarColor0=FFFFFF
ProgressBarColor1=000000
ProgressBarColor2=008000
ProgressBarColor3=00FF00
ProgressBarColor4=008000
LogColor0=800080
LogColor1=FF0000
LogColor2=000080
LogColor3=008000
TitleColor0=000000
TitleColor1=0000FF
TitleColor2=800080
MountedVolumesOnly=0

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Thanks for that, I found the problem
smile.gif

It only happens with transfers to WBFS file. Transfers to drives are OK. Basically I just forgot to apply the split size in those functions.

I'll try to get all these little fixes done and upped later today.

Edit:
@TeenTin
I just tested the output from the 4 gig split against wbfs_file's output. They match byte for byte. I use an app called HxD that can do a comparison of 2 files and you can see the differences.

I don't have SSBB, I use Dead Space Extraction, which is 4.12 GB.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
@TeenTin
Did you have auto renaming or hash calculation enabled? Which file was different and were the files identical in size?

Auto renaming ALL disabled.

Hash calculation disabled.

The file "RSBE01.wbfs" is different but identical in size.

I used Beyond Compare to do hex compare.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Are the wbf1 file the same size? Obviously you're using the same partition selection with both?
smile.gif

I'll need to get a copy of SSBB to test it. There's some virtual console demos on that disc. I haven't been able to test anything with those partition types, so there could well be something wrong in the code.

@Cyan
The duplicates problem was just due to the new listview control and the way I need to access the items. I obviously didn't fully test that part, but it works now.

QUOTE said:
I tried the search-on-the-fly feature, it's working fine for the few letters I type but we can't type a space in the search string as it select the current line's checkbox.
It's not a big problem, usually the few letters up to the space is enough to find the game we are looking for.
You can also do a full text search by having caps lock on (uppercase letters). Say you're looking for "Mario bros", the full text search will allow you to search for "BROS" or "ARIO". With lowercase, you'd need to search for something like "mar" to find the same game.

@OtakuGamerZ
I've fixed the list column popup menus too. Most of the new menu items didn't do anything.
blink.gif

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
It only happens with transfers to WBFS file. Transfers to drives are OK. Basically I just forgot to apply the split size in those functions.

Yes this was also my idea when I noticed that you had already done some sucessfull tests.

Thanks for the analysis and the work.

Regards

Olivier

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I've upped 0.3.4r3.

Changes in 0.3.4r3
Fixed: All header popup menus now show/hide columns correctly
Fixed: WBFS split style wasn't applied with transfers to WBFS file, so it was always set to Auto.
Fixed: Duplicates checking with transfers from the files page didn't work and would get caught in an infinite loop, causing the app to freeze when de-selecting the items.
Fixed: "Update storage convention" functions didn't handle .wbf* files.

I knew there was going to be little errors like this because there was lot of code changes, I really should've released it as a beta.. Another lesson learned.
smile.gif

Let me know if there's anything else and I'll fix it as soon as I can..

@AetherMaster
To fix the folders that got messed up, just convert to the original storage convention then back to whatever you want. This'll move the .wbfs files back into the same folder as the wbf1 file, then when it changes the convention again, all the files should be moved correctly this time.

The reason that happened was because I copied and pasted the function that deals with ISO renaming as a base for the new function since it's almost identical. But it only deals with the 1 ISO file. Like I keep saying, copy and paste is evil.
smile.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
fig2k4 said:
Are the wbf1 file the same size? Obviously you're using the same partition selection with both?
smile.gif

Game only partition selected for both.

The wbf1 files are identical.

--------

Just done another test. The wbfs files are different even when choosing no split.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I just realised why they're probably different. wbfs_file (libWBFS) only uses the 1 partition table, where the Wii disc has 4. The first partition table can only contain 3 partitions. Since SMBB has 7 (I think) VC partitions, plus the update and game partitions, it makes sense that it would use more than 1 table.

If it's only the partition table that's different in the wbfs files then it's perfectly correct. Otherwise there could still be errors somewhere, but this is the main reason that there would be a difference in the files.

If you use HxD, or beyond compare if it supports it, compare the files and press F6 to find the next difference. If it's only a few bytes that are different quite near the start of the file, then I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Edit:
You can use Wii scrubber to see all the partitions and which partition tables are used.
Another way to confirm it is to compare the files with "keep all partitions"..

D

Deleted User

Can anybody upload it somewhere else?

4Shared doesn't allow me to download it :/

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 said:
@AetherMaster
To fix the folders that got messed up, just convert to the original storage convention then back to whatever you want. This'll move the .wbfs files back into the same folder as the wbf1 file, then when it changes the convention again, all the files should be moved correctly this time.

The reason that happened was because I copied and pasted the function that deals with ISO renaming as a base for the new function since it's almost identical. But it only deals with the 1 ISO file. Like I keep saying, copy and paste is evil.
smile.gif
Thank you, it seems to work, but the .wbfs files are still split to 2GB. They seemed to split almost instantly when I was using the older bugged version for storage convention changing. Did you figure out why that happened? Are the game images bad and I need to redump them, or are they OK and just split?

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Nice, cheers.

@AetherMaster
Is it possible that these 2 GB files were create when 2GB was the standard, but you forgot about them?

Regardless, You can mount the drive (make sure you're using the same convention or set it to auto update on mount) then select the files you want to resplit and Transfer->WBFS file. Select the same WBFS folder to overwrite the files. WBM will write the new 4GB split files, delete the 2GB ones then rename the temp files, which essentially replaces the old split ones with the new.

Edit: I forgot to mention that changing the convention only renames and moves the files. Splitting takes place during transfers.

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would let you know the latest version no longer crashes when encountering bad isos. I did add incomplete ones to the filelist however but that isn't a problem. It did take 5 minutes and 58 seconds though, it looked like nothing was happening for several minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol