Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
"Use on-the-fly titles for file and folder names" won't change any internal WBFS titles, only the file/folder names, if the next 2 options aren't selected. If the other options are selected, they override this one.

"Auto rename drive transfers" changes the internal title and file/folder names if applicable when transferring to drives.

"Auto rename WBFS file transfers" is like above, but for Transfer->WBFS file

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still crashes
frown.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to change the Storage Convention from GameID_Title to Title_[GameID] for the games that are stored on the FAT32 drive already?

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No passwords, and unless you implement writing the log to a text file automatically I can't get you one as it crashes too fast. But it has to do with incomplete files. Not all of them however, as the window showed some games that I know are not complete files were added successfully. After removing every incomplete file from the folder it didn't crash.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
2 ways..

1. If the drive isn't already mounted in WBM, select the options you want, also select "Auto update storage convention when drive is mounted". Then just select the drive from the menu to mount it. This will happen automatically for all drives mounted after that, unless you choose not to.

2. If the drive is mounted in WBM, select the options you want. Then select Tools->FAT32/NTFS->Update storage convention

You can also just use method 1, dismount, then mount the drive again to update it automatically.

@DGenerateKane
Try the version I sent in the PM. It should hopefully handle totally messed up ISOs better.
smile.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Incomplete downloads or basically any ISO that doesn't have the correct magic number in the header. Also, if an error occurs when trying to read the disc structure because the sizes, offsets or other values are wrong in the partition table, TMD etc.

It could actually be a problem somewhere else maybe if there's an error extracting a RAR, the app is still trying to load the ISO. I'll double check all of that if the latest test doesn't work..

During normal use it's not a problem. It handles every invalid ISO I've tried OK, which is why I didn't notice any problems. I want to make it bullet proof though.
smile.gif

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a definite bug in storage convention changing. It successfully changed the convention for all of my games but four:

WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Rayman raving Rabbids 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mercury Meltdown Revolution

It screwed up these games and split them between folders of different conventions. Also, those four seemed to have been split at 2GB, but I had it set to Auto and was on NTFS so it should be one .wbfs file.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I see it now, I didn't include the code to handle .wbf* files when changing the storage convention.. duh. I'll fix that as soon as possible.

Did you use 0.3.4 to transfer these files to the drive? If it's set at auto, it only has 2 choices, 4 GB and unlimited. I can't see any way it would split at 2 GB, otherwise it would happen with all transfers..

If you can email me a log that shows what's happening with the transfers it would help a lot.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found a little bug. On the main default file list (forgot name) When right clicking on the sorting options to remove some. I unchecked filepath and the partitions list was removed. vista 64-bit and v0.3.4

Great app! keep up the good work.

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried 0.3.4, no problems found! Only SISQ3Q (SingItStar Queen) was identified as a KOR disc. But it's a custom, region free one. As far as I know only K should be Korean.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just tried Super Smash Bros. Brawl :

ISO -> .wbfs (4 GB split)

Found that one of the two split-files created is not identical to that created by wbfs_file.exe.

I think the split files stuff has not been fully tested.

P.S. MD5 off.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
fig2k4 said:
@Cyan
I can easily read the IOS version from a Wii disc. I tested it and it works OK, but I don't always read the TMD, especially when reading the list of games on a drive etc. I think it would increase the mount time for drives with a lot of games quite drastically. I can only try and see..

If the IOS is only stored in the TMD, then it would be easy enough to patch, since it's not encypted. The other things, I'm not sure about yet because I've never looked into them. Also, it could be useful changing the title ID in the TMD, not just in the disc header. I'm sure that's needed to have different save slots for games?

Extracting the banner for CRAP was another idea someone mentioned before.
Thanks for the new version, I'm currently testing it.

•I tried the search-on-the-fly feature, it's working fine for the few letters I type but we can't type a space in the search string as it select the current line's checkbox.
It's not a big problem, usually the few letters up to the space is enough to find the game we are looking for.

•TMD are not crypted ? even if it's part of the game partition ? that's why IOSpatch was so easy to use, I always thought it included the key.bin/fakesigning.
that's odd that on a same partition, files are crypted alongside others not crypted.

•I don't know about the save slot though, I think you are right.

•Since the last private revision you sent me to delete incorrect iso on my WBFS drive, you said I should keep them a little if you needed to test something.
I guess you don't need anymore, can I delete/free block without keeping the log for you now ?

• a bug found here :
- Deleted New super mario custom from my WBFS (not on drive1 anymore; can't be a duplicate from here)
- Scanned my computer folder with both .iso from mario (original and custom level), as I chose to see duplicates they are listed both of them on the File tab. (that's great, with the Partition column I can see which one is scrubbed and which one is original)
- I check the original only (with update and game partition), select transfer to Drive1 and it says :
"Some selected items are duplicates, these items will be deselected, continue ?" -> ok -> the .iso is deselected -> software hang trying to transfer (because there is no real dup on the drive1) but nothing is selected

- If I do : File tab/load file /select only 1 .iso of mario in the tab/check it/transfer -> working
- If I do : Transfer again to Drive1 (game already there) -> "Some selected items are duplicates, these items will be deselected, continue ?" -> ok -> item deselected -> transfer not happen -> software not hanging

I think it mess the duplicates checking from File/Drive with File/File

Could you create a "write log to disk" with real time writing ? Because when it hang, I can't change tab to read the log and I'm forced to close the program.

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First test to split and ISO into WBFS files of maximum 2Gb was not sucessfull (I got only one file bigger than 4 Gb).

I will do the test again (after a restart of WII Backup Manager in case it doesn't use the new settings until restarted) and let you inform.

Anyway WII BACKUP MANAGER is a great software.

Regards

Olivier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...