Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Satangel said:
kedest said:
They will fix this very fast I guess. Now homebrew is finally a real threat to them.

I'm wondering in how much trouble that guy that's blackmailing them is going to be in.

Now that can't possibly be actually true right? I thought they were just joking.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Satangel said:
kedest said:
They will fix this very fast I guess. Now homebrew is finally a real threat to them.

I'm wondering in how much trouble that guy that's blackmailing them is going to be in.

Now that can't possibly be actually true right? I thought they were just joking.

I dont believe that, but who knows, haha if it doesn't get released we now have a theory about why
tongue.gif

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at you lot.... it wont get released IT WILL BE RELEASED
its a fake ..... GROW UP LEARN WHO YOU TALK ABOUT FIRST
blackmailing Nintendo..... lol that WAS A JOKE
kill the console..... how will it do that mod chips are already here and it ain't dead yet lol

now please mods or someone delete the non informed posts including mine and lets get this all back on topic

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
By talking about serious stuff..

how are you dealing with those game having a channel inside them?
like mario kart, wii fit or such?

i mean, i dunno how the channel is invoked from inside the game, but is the loader able to handle with it? or it's like when you are in, you cant get back to the game for some reasons? like the "restart game" button in the wii home menu?

and anyway, since i'm really looking forward in building a channel for this tool whenever and if it will be released, is there a way to intercept the event of "disk insert/disk remove" from the drive tray so that you can't boot the channel if the dvd drive is empty ?

thnx for support.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
atomikramp said:

i mean, i dunno how the channel is invoked from inside the game, but is the loader able to handle with it? or it's like when you are in, you cant get back to the game for some reasons? like the "restart game" button in the wii home menu?

and anyway, since i'm really looking forward in building a channel for this tool whenever and if it will be released, is there a way to intercept the event of "disk insert/disk remove" from the drive tray so that you can't boot the channel if the dvd drive is empty ?

thnx for support.
Perhaps they'll be able to put the ability to read those backups directly from a custom IOS in order to make the backups readable in the same way they are with a modchip.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
if i have to be honets, i prefer to have an homebrew dedicated to this functionality.

and by the way, that would mean putting your hands on the disk channel and modifying it...
wich isn't a really good idea, atm

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
atomikramp said:

thnx for support.

Surely the loader will just patch the things related to loading the Game (And any DVD disc checks or whatnot) and once loaded it will act exactly like a Real Disc would

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
MiloFoxburr said:
atomikramp said:

thnx for support.

Surely the loader will just patch the things related to loading the Game (And any DVD disc checks or whatnot) and once loaded it will act exactly like a Real Disc would

well, i know but i think it's a metter of application scope for some sort of actions.

for example
if it's the disk channel wich loads the disk: once you press the restart button in the home menu, the disk returns the control of the operations to the OS, and the OS reloads the game.

if the disk is loaded by a third party homebrew, once you use the restart game button in the home menu, the control is not returned to the hombrew for reloading the game, butdirectly to the OS, wich doesn't load the game becouse it's not signed and recognized as an original disk.

i thought the same was for the channels loaded directly by a game.
if you start the game from the homebrew, and then you launch the for instance, mario kart channel, from inside the game.
the main process is still the game, or the control is passed over to the channel, and then returned to the game when you exit the channel? becouse:
if the control is still held by the game, no problems, but if the control of the application is given to the channel, something may screw up when closing the channel and returning to the game.

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
atomikramp said:
MiloFoxburr said:
atomikramp said:

thnx for support.

well, i know but i think it's a metter of application scope for some sort of actions.

for example
if it's the disk channel wich loads the disk: once you press the restart button in the home menu, the disk returns the control of the operations to the OS, and the OS reloads the game.

if the disk is loaded by a third party homebrew, once you use the restart game button in the home menu, the control is not returned to the hombrew for reloading the game, butdirectly to the OS, wich doesn't load the game becouse it's not signed and recognized as an original disk.

if you start the game from the homebrew, and then you launch the for instance, mario kart channel, from inside the game.
the main process is still the game, or the control is passed over to the channel, and then returned to the game when you exit the channel? becouse:
if the control is still held by the game, no problems, but if the control of the application is given to the channel, something may screw up when closing the channel and returning to the game.

Ah yeah I get you maybe one of the beta testers will test it out.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
atomikramp said:
MiloFoxburr said:
atomikramp said:

thnx for support.

for example

I think that when you launch the Mario Kart channel you actually read it from the disc. In that case, it shouldn't cause any trouble. Installing it is an entirely different story of course.

Also I think that the reset-button is just input for the game. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible for homebrew to use it as a normal button.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If I dump the games I own from now on with Waninkoko's DVD dumper, will the .iso files I get be compatible with the forthcoming backup loader ?

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speculation aside, these are the things I'm sure they are currently testig. And also why the release has yet to be made. God forbid anyone can't use the Mario Kart channel on their backup copy. And if the copy is pirated, then you don't deserve to use the channel. Seriously though, you can technically have every game ever made for it, and your worried about the MK Channel WAD? Hasn't that shit been dumped and can be installed via the WAD manager? I understand the concern over these minor issues, of problems which MIGHT occur, but I think Waninkoko has proved over the past year he's not a fuckin idiot, let's atleast treat him like he knows what he's doing.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
jinxvorheeze said:
Speculation aside, these are the things I'm sure they are currently testig. And also why the release has yet to be made. God forbid anyone can't use the Mario Kart channel on their backup copy. And if the copy is pirated, then you don't deserve to use the channel. Seriously though, you can technically have every game ever made for it, and your worried about the MK Channel WAD? Hasn't that shit been dumped and can be installed via the WAD manager? I understand the concern over these minor issues, of problems which MIGHT occur, but I think Waninkoko has proved over the past year he's not a fuckin idiot, let's atleast treat him like he knows what he's doing.

ok, you didn't get the point.
np.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy