Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
blazingwolf said:
Yeah, I've been trying to contact him and see whats wrong with the server, but hes away right now.
Brakken is such an unbelievable hypocrite. The number of times he's posted shit about GBATemp (AND attempted to get the Homebrew Bounty seized by reporting it to PayPal) because they list scene releases then he goes and posts this on his site? *mind* *blown*

As for a software-only loader... I'm still not convinced it's a good idea but you can't stop progress I guess. I'm just a believer that piracy should be a pain in the arse otherwise everybody would do it and then we're all screwed. Good work though, kudos to Waninkoko and co
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Neversoft said:
blazingwolf said:
Yeah, I've been trying to contact him and see whats wrong with the server, but hes away right now.
Brakken is such an unbelievable hypocrite. The number of times he's posted shit about GBATemp (AND attempted to get the Homebrew Bounty seized by reporting it to PayPal) because they list scene releases then he goes and posts this on his site? *mind* *blown*

As for a software-only loader... I'm still not convinced it's a good idea but you can't stop progress I guess. I'm just a believer that piracy should be a pain in the arse otherwise everybody would do it and then we're all screwed. Good work though, kudos to Waninkoko and co
smile.gif

Indeed, and if it becomes too easy (see DS piracy) it just brings way more noobs to this great forum...

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neversoft said:
blazingwolf said:

smile.gif

I'm not here to start an agrument over brakken's ethics, but he is using in the video for legal purposes, or atleast moral purposes, he obviously must own TP to have had the Homebrew Channel in the first place. But anyway, I'm hoping to get through to him today.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Neversoft said:
blazingwolf said:
I don't think Brakken's stance is a good one at all, and as you said complete hypocrite, but tehskeen is a vast source of information, just like GBATemp. I don't see why they can't each play nice.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
blazingwolf said:
Neversoft said:
blazingwolf said:

smile.gif

I'm not here to start an agrument over brakken's ethics, but he is using in the video for legal purposes, or atleast moral purposes, he obviously must own TP to have had the Homebrew Channel in the first place. But anyway, I'm hoping to get through to him today.
That's not true. If he has a modded Wii he can install the homebrew channel with a downloaded copy of Twilight Princess or with the Homebrew Channel installer DVD.

I understand brakken's ideas, although they are a bit vague. The thing is, you can use this loader for legimate reasons, and many people will. You can use scene releases only illegally. There is no point in downloading a scene release if you have the original.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blazingwolf said:

If he has a chipped Wii, he could have downloaded TP to get the homebrew channel installed... all you ever have to BUY for the Wii now, is peripherals (wii remotes, balance board, SD card, Motion+, "Speak Bar" for Animal Crossing)... and a Modchip... everything else you can download... Wii titles, Gamecube titles, WiiWare, Virtual Console, Homebrew Channel...

It's sad, but it could be worse if MORE people know about it... some people are just happy buying the games they want to play.

And the problem with piracy is, you have too many games to choose from, and can rarely finish any of them!

EDIT : ^^ Maikel Steneker beat me to my first comment, lol

ads1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am simply pleased that I got this before brakken. If he leaks it I will be extremly annoyed. I have put it of long enough so I will now post this on the site which I am a moderator for, consolespot.net

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
ads1212 said:
I am simply pleased that I got this before brakken. If he leaks it I will be extremly annoyed. I have put it of long enough so I will now post this on the site which I am a moderator for, consolespot.net

I might not download it if it gets leaked.
Waninkoko must obviously be making it safer or fixing bugs known on it, (Possibly rasing suspense, but I really doubt it).
The last thing I want is my wii bricked before playing any backup games (How Ironic!)
When you said "I have put it of long enough so I will now post this on the site which I am a moderator for, consolespot.net", did you mean you're going to post the backup loader?

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria

ads1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, it wont brick you, it, at the moment uses the disc reader to much and i think he wants to utilize it to make it less so it won't run the reader down as fats. I think lol. And no no files. Its waninkoko's. I respect this guy very much. He does not deserve this to be leaked.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
ads1212 said:
Oh, it wont brick you, it, at the moment uses the disc reader to much and i think he wants to utilize it to make it less so it won't run the reader down as fats. I think lol. And no no files. Its waninkoko's. I respect this guy very much. He does not deserve this to be leaked.

Ah.
Sorry for not understanding.
Its cool that there isnt a chance of bricking, YAY!
And Yeah, Waninkoko doesnt deserve that, whenever I've asked him questions, hes always tried to answer them (except now, but hes working on the backup loader, I'd prefer him to do that)

Icecoolwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Framework43 said:
blazingwolf said:
Torrented games will work, theres no way do differentiate. The only way I can think is if Waninkoko releases his own wii disc dumper that somehow signs the image and lets it know that it was backed up on a Wii, if you wanted further security sign each one with a special key that only works on the one it was dumped...

Just saying...

>_>

Linkinworm said you have to patch it with a PC so i guess that wont happen , and it should work with downloaded isos, (i dont use torrents, i have a secret method to download wii isos faster) >.>

OMFG!?111 THIS IS A BACKUP LOADER PEE OFF NO PIRATE LOADER FOR U h4x0r! !oh my lord11!!!

450px-Jesus_Christ_it's_a_lion_Get_In_The_Car!.jpg

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From reading the posts, here's what I THINK is delaying the release...

1) 3x read speed, not 6x... Waninkoko might be trying to increase the read speed to 5x or 6x
2) not all games are "supported" yet... he might be trying to get all discs supported.
3) making the tool to "backup" disc's to be read by the apploader

Just give it some time guys... would you rather have an app that only works with WiiChess and Zelda, or one that WORKS with all the games, and reads at decent speeds?

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posts merged

zidane_genome said:

1) 3x read speed, not 6x... Waninkoko might be trying to increase the read speed to 5x or 6x
2) not all games are "supported" yet... he might be trying to get all discs supported.

Just give it some time guys... would you rather have an app that only works with WiiChess and Zelda, or one that WORKS with all the games, and reads at decent speeds?

To be honest, I'll take the Zelda and WiiChess loader, atleast its something to play around with and make it tangible, and will make the wait a lot easier.

But it also boots SMG and another game, so all games are actually supported, except maybe ones with updates in them, though I have no idea. But all games are the same, except SSBB which is Dual-Layer.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
zidane_genome said:

I'd like them both. The first one now, the second one later
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Hey Ninstar.