Misc Wii Activision Servers Officially Dead (Goldeneye, COD)

SnackJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well that sucks. Haven't played it yet and I understand there is something unlockable only by playing it online. How dare them not keep the free servers going well into a second decade!

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now the question is, will wiimmfi pick up the ball and make the online playable again.
No, Wiimmfi won't. The servers used by Goldeneye and CoD are completely different servers from Gamespy, and it would basically mean a complete redevelopment, just as we did with Wiimmfi in 2014. We don't have enough dumps for that, can't test on the original servers, don't have time for another huge project like that, and aren't that much interested in these games.

Maybe someone else will.

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna report on this as the Call of Duty servers are still on. The reason GoldenEye is the only one that's been shut down, and also looking at the list of games from that site, is that Activision no longer holds the license to these games anymore. It makes sense for these games to shut down. I am surprised to seem that those games kept going for this long, but at least we know that the COD games will live longer.

Reactions: Alexander1970

ensomanex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to back up LuxerWap's claims and say that YES, COD servers are still very much alive and kicking! I just checked now and there are currently over 5,000 players online on Black Ops alone!
IMG_20200403_111803.jpg
As of April 3rd, 2020, the following Activision servers are still on:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition
- Call of Duty: Black Ops*
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3*

*These two games need an extra step to play on their servers, I will be making a post on this forum shortly explaining what need to be done.

Reactions: Zense

giacomo1978

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like to back up LuxerWap's claims and say that YES, COD servers are still very much alive and kicking! I just checked now and there are currently over 5,000 players online on Black Ops alone!
View attachment 202314
As of April 3rd, 2020, the following Activision servers are still on:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Reflex Edition
- Call of Duty: Black Ops*
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3*

*These two games need an extra step to play on their servers, I will be making a post on this forum shortly explaining what need to be done.
Hi, where can I find the post where he explains how to play:
-Call of Duty Black Ops*
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 *

Have you already written the guide?
thanks

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man i do miss raping noobs on goldeneye. It was closed on 2-12-20. I was still an active player. Activision just needs to give me the software and be done with it.

Reactions: DaMudderBurd

ensomanex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, where can I find the post where he explains how to play:
-Call of Duty Black Ops*
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 *

Have you already written the guide?
thanks
I made a quick write-up here.
(I can't post links but you'd add gbatemp and dot net to the beginning of this link of course)
/threads/psa-call-of-duty-just-dance-servers-still-officially-online.561580/

Reactions: MrCokeacola

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Cyan,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the impression that no one particularly enjoyed Wii Goldeneye, or at least that it was a pale imitation of the original. I guess some people still liked it?

D

Deleted User

i just got the news on my wii
as if this year wasn't any crappier.
i hope wiimmfi bring them back

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i just got the news on my wii
as if this year wasn't any crappier.
i hope wiimmfi bring them back
No, Wiimmfi won't. The servers used by Goldeneye and CoD are completely different servers from Gamespy, and it would basically mean a complete redevelopment, just as we did with Wiimmfi in 2014. We don't have enough dumps for that, can't test on the original servers, don't have time for another huge project like that, and aren't that much interested in these games.

Maybe someone else will.

Reactions: Alexander1970

DaMudderBurd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GoldenEye Wii is back online. We have been since April. For anyone who's interested in playing again, (I can't post the link since I'm a new member) google 'GoldenEye Wii discord server' it should send you to a gamefaqs thread or something, just join the server.
We've been the center of activity for the game for the past three years, and we have over 400 members. For anything related to goldeneye Wii, this is by far the best place to go. We can answer any questions you have.

DaMudderBurd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's already GE 007 Private Servers?

There aren't actually "servers". One if the discord members is always hosting the game from a modified version of dolphin. Using a code, we are able to connect to him like we would a normal host. Soon there will be an update so we can have multiple lobbies going, new maps, better connection, fixed spawns, etc. Please don't try to contact me here, the only reason I made an account was to post on this thread, and I rarely check it. Join the GoldenEye discord server. It's the first thing (besides videos) that shows up when you search 'GoldenEye Wii discord server'.

Last edited by DaMudderBurd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work