Hacking wii 3.4 brick (black screen)

thunderspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, my wii got bricked few days ago, i got it in tyhe 3.4 u firmware, softmodded,and then tried to install the menu 289 to downgrade it,via wad manager, when the wii finish the install and manage to restart,it freeze, then ia restart it,and got this balck screen brick.i dont know if is fullbrick or low level brick, or banner brick, and one detail it no bootmii, or any prevent brick installed before...and i've another wii bricked, 3.2u, the brick happens when i manage to uninstall the menu 289, but in this case it bricked in the midle of uninstall..this one is modded by wiikey clone and like the softmodded,have no prevenction measures installed before..is there solution for any of them? ( even if i have to send themto some assistanceto fix it)

Thanks in advance.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Without any brick prevention methods it's always a VERY BAD thing to go mess with WADs or SM´s

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could try to autoboot a disc (like zelda or SSBB) with a GC pad (or dancemat) plugged in port 4 and pressing all direction buttons on boot, but i don't think that's gonna help if you don't have preloader's skip diag disc checked..
frown.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Xras said:
You could try to autoboot a disc (like zelda or SSBB) with a GC pad (or dancemat) plugged in port 4 and pressing all direction buttons on boot, but i don't think that's gonna help if you don't have preloader's skip diag disc checked..
frown.gif

I won't work, because no System Menu means no Recovery Menu. Too bad. Regarding the Diagnostic Disc Check hack, I readed something about an "Universal Unbricking Disc" or something like that that doesn't need it at all. I don't really know if this is true, as I've not tested it (and I don't have a modchip, though).

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
More than likely this is a Low Level Brick, sense you was on 3.4 the IOS30 got stubbed, And when you then installed the 3.2 system menu it required IOS30, But yours was stubbed so it bricked, This is the case unless you installed a clean IOS30 before hand But you didn't say

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.