wii 3.4 brick (black screen)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thunderspider, Oct 22, 2009.

Oct 22, 2009
  1. thunderspider
    OP

Newcomer thunderspider Member

Brazil
    Hello, my wii got bricked few days ago, i got it in tyhe 3.4 u firmware, softmodded,and then tried to install the menu 289 to downgrade it,via wad manager, when the wii finish the install and manage to restart,it freeze, then ia restart it,and got this balck screen brick.i dont know if is fullbrick or low level brick, or banner brick, and one detail it no bootmii, or any prevent brick installed before...and i've another wii bricked, 3.2u, the brick happens when i manage to uninstall the menu 289, but in this case it bricked in the midle of uninstall..this one is modded by wiikey clone and like the softmodded,have no prevenction measures installed before..is there solution for any of them? ( even if i have to send themto some assistanceto fix it)

Thanks in advance.

2. masterdeluxe247

Newcomer masterdeluxe247 Member

United States
    Why the hell wouldn't you have any brick protection when messing with wads? If it boots to black screen, I'm pretty sure that you are f'd.

3. Xras

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Without any brick prevention methods it's always a VERY BAD thing to go mess with WADs or SM´s

4. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Any other info? Do you have Preloader?

5. Xras

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    You could try to autoboot a disc (like zelda or SSBB) with a GC pad (or dancemat) plugged in port 4 and pressing all direction buttons on boot, but i don't think that's gonna help if you don't have preloader's skip diag disc checked.. [​IMG]

6. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    I won't work, because no System Menu means no Recovery Menu. Too bad. Regarding the Diagnostic Disc Check hack, I readed something about an "Universal Unbricking Disc" or something like that that doesn't need it at all. I don't really know if this is true, as I've not tested it (and I don't have a modchip, though).

7. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    More than likely this is a Low Level Brick, sense you was on 3.4 the IOS30 got stubbed, And when you then installed the 3.2 system menu it required IOS30, But yours was stubbed so it bricked, This is the case unless you installed a clean IOS30 before hand But you didn't say

8. thunderspider
    OP

Brazil
    i dont' think it have ios 30..i wanna know if i can have some solution even if i have to send to assistance or something

9. thunderspider
    OP

Brazil
    well, my 3.4 it sofmodded, and the 3.2 it modded with wiikey clone.. any chance?