1. john9871

john9871 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does WiiFrii or RegionFrii work to patch this game to NTSC? I would like to know before I burn it to a DL Disc. BTW I'm using a 4.3u Wii with Yaosm chip.

Thanks.

Update: WiiFrii give me an "error" message when executing. RegionFrii post a warning about can't recognize image message, but am able to proceed and patch. RegionFrii even after patching returns back to the Wii dash, or black screens. I guess I'll be giving my purchased Xenoblade Chronicles to a friend with a PAL system. Now I've learned never to buy a PAL region game for my NTSC-U Wii. [​IMG]

2. Yeshua149

Yeshua149 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Do I need a type of Software to run Burned Wii Discs or will it play in any USB loader?

3. Hiroshi21

Hiroshi21 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Works with Configurable USB Loader on my 16GB drive in .iso format, no wbfs or splitting it, that seems to muck it up.

4. Yeshua149

Yeshua149 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

What format is your 16GB drive? And do you just move the iso file to the drive or do you need to make a folder in the drive with a specific name?

5. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Am I overpowered? I'm level 39 and in the Makna Forest, yet most of the monsters are 7+ levels below me.

6. Krazplay

Krazplay Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    I have a 8GB SD card, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to install all the stuff to play it from USB.
    The disk drive is noisy, but what's really annoying me is all the little loading times : you can warp instantly anywhere in the map, but you can't open the menu or open a chest without the Wii reading something from the disk...

I would love to know if it's better with an USB loader.

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    Ahh, with a disc you have a loading time for opening a chests because it's accessing the disc? that's bad [​IMG]
    Chest opening is done in an instant on USBloaders.

About the menu, there's a "quite long" loading screen (compared to other menu's loading time) when you access the relationship graphics.
    I think the more complete you have it the worse it become.
    But the menus are generally loaded fast.

Same for gem creation, it was loading in an instant at the beginning of the game, now there's often a load screen after selecting the 2 members. (like it's calculating the outcome of the process beforehand).

8. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Actually I run the 4.35 GB version from a disk and despite the annoying short load times wen opening a map or a menu, it's rather fast opening chests.

9. Krazplay

Krazplay Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    So I tried an USBloader, and it's definitively much more enjoyable.
    I played only 10 minutes so far, and all the little loading times are noticeable shorter : menu, chests, map...
    Plus I don't have to hear the disk drive anymore [​IMG]

machomuu, opening a chest can take 2-3 seconds before the loot window appear, when you have 3-4 chests to open it was really annoying me (I can't stand leaving chests behind me, even if I know there's only crap inside xD)
    I don't know if it's normal or if it's because my old Wii have some trouble with Dual-layer DVDs, as this game is much more disk intensive than Smash Bros.

10. Yeshua149

Yeshua149 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay, I ran Xenoblade in USB Loader GX 2.2 and it worked perfectly fine for an hour and a half straight, then, I turn off my console, come back 3 hours later and try to run it again and it won't load. Everytime I load it I get a Black Screen. Then I tried loading it through Configurable USB Loader and it loaded into the game, but after 5 seconds froze, and when I unplugged then replugged my USB Flash Drive in it started working for 5 more seconds then froze again. Is this a System Issue or a Flash Drive Issue?

11. el cut

el cut GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    the games freeze with D2X cIOS at the begining =(

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chronicles, Xenoblade, (Europe)