Wii #2654 - Xenoblade Chronicles (Europe)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shuji1987 said:
Cyan said:
Shuji1987 said:
Try unpacking the ISO with winrar.
The "iso" is encrypted, Winrar can't open it. you need the keys to open it with Trucha or Wiiscrubber.

Just saying it worked wonders for me. As to me it was probably a case of renaming a RAR file to ISO file which contained a RAR and then the ISO file that caused WBFS to freak out. If you downloaded the 7.92GB version and you have issue with getting it to work on WBFS manager you should try unpacking it and try again.

Anyway, I have been playing it for a couple of hours but I'm not that impressed by the game. IMO the whole open world setting is too much for the Wii to handle, everything looks blurred and pixelated (textures are fugly). Though I do admit, the story is very awesome. This should be remade for the Wii U if you ask me. The graphics are stopping me from getting into the game.

So far I'd say it's a 7.

So far I'd say that JRPG's aren't "your" thing.
Get a better tv and cables dude, the game looks awesome for a 480P game. Absolutely worst excuse for NOT enjoying a game.
QUOTE(Pattonfiend67 @ Aug 20 2011, 02:04 PM)
the story is stupid (over 20 hours of play in...) very disappointing game, indeed...

It must have had something considering you spend 20 hours into it allready. (Most games would be finished by that time. ).

also I think this game is really for RPG fans. People that dont like rpg's'and are expecting the next "Zelda" would be dissapointed I can imagine.
It's not a action adventure kids!
This is JRPG at it's finest!

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finally got my copy of the game today and I've just put two hours into the game. So far I like the game, the battle system is good, easy to understand and it works well. I'm still early in so won't comment on the story but I like Shuik and Fiore, I appreciate a JRPG which doesn't have a whining bastard protagonist. The graphics are good for the Wii but as I mainly game on my PS3, from what I'm used to the graphics really are sub-par. It's like I'm playing a PS2. Going from Valkyrie Chronicles to this takes some getting used. THE voice acting is quite nice though, good to hear some Brits.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shuji1987 said:
Cyan said:
Shuji1987 said:
The "iso" is encrypted, Winrar can't open it. you need the keys to open it with Trucha or Wiiscrubber.
Just saying it worked wonders for me. As to me it was probably a case of renaming a RAR file to ISO file which contained a RAR and then the ISO file that caused WBFS to freak out. If you downloaded the 7.92GB version and you have issue with getting it to work on WBFS manager you should try unpacking it and try again.
If you talked about the RAR Archive, of course its content has to be extracted using Winrar (or anything else) before launching it with the Wii. You can't rename a .rar to .iso and magically make it becomes a Game Image. Maybe you need to register .rar or .r01 file type with Winrar, it will prevent you the need to rename a file to any recognizable extension (like .iso) by Winrar.
If you talked about unpacking the content of the ISO, then no it's not possible with Winrar.

As for people not enjoying the game, just pass your way, nobody told you you needed to play it
tongue.gif

You find the graphic is bad, play another game or go to 1080p consoles.
You don't like the game genre ... Then why did you download it ? watch a video trailer first and see if it matches your taste.
If you didn't like the genre but only played it because people said they wanted that game, then you have no self-taste, you just play what other people like, so what's your problem? you don't care that you don't like it, just play it because other people play the same game.
If you liked the genre and waited for that game, any graphics would fit. If you like something you can even play 8bit graphics games. (Megaman 9 anybody?)

@Emigre:
Don't worry, after some time you won't see the difference.
You just need a little time to adapt to the graphic differences.
It does that when I go from PS3 to PS2, then it's fine
smile.gif

I played 10Hours on Colony 9 before advancing to the cave. I completed all the missions first, it made a lot of exp and levels
tongue.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
Shuji1987 said:
Cyan, this specific 7.92 iso actually has a rar that contains the real iso on the inside of it. This is basically a "container iso" that is meant to be opened with winrar or the like.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wtf. I downloaded the scene release and I only got 7x (dont remember the exact number) rar parts and after unpacking it, 1 iso. maybe you downloaded a repack ?

wekwek

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm 3 hours into the game and I'm loving it so far. Would have played this on my wii but since its dvd9 I tried dophin and its awesome at 1080p. There are occassional crashes, but I'll live with it
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hunter291 said:
wtf. I downloaded the scene release and I only got 7x (dont remember the exact number) rar parts and after unpacking it, 1 iso. maybe you downloaded a repack ?
As stated in the .nfo, the real scene release is 85 x 100MB (as-xeno.r00 to as-xeno.r83 + as-xeno.rar)
it's always better to take the real scene release, and check on ABGX for example if it's nuked or not and the reason.
Taking a repack is always risky and you may download it many times until you find the good one.

@Tanveer :
Yes, you can.

Wekwek :
I never installed Dolphin, I should give it a try someday.
graphics seems even better.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hielkenator said:
Shuji1987 said:
Cyan said:
Shuji1987 said:

Anyway, I have been playing it for a couple of hours but I'm not that impressed by the game. IMO the whole open world setting is too much for the Wii to handle, everything looks blurred and pixelated (textures are fugly). Though I do admit, the story is very awesome. This should be remade for the Wii U if you ask me. The graphics are stopping me from getting into the game.

So far I'd say it's a 7.

So far I'd say that JRPG's aren't "your" thing.
Get a better tv and cables dude, the game looks awesome for a 480P game. Absolutely worst excuse for NOT enjoying a game.

No not really. I absolutely love games like Tales of "...." or FF or even KH. I also loved the Baten Kaitos series.

Also no, I'm statisfied with my samsung full hd screen.

This game just isn't grasping me mostly because of the things I said.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
hunter291 said:
As stated in the .nfo, the real scene release is 85 x 100MB (as-xeno.r00 to as-xeno.r83 + as-xeno.rar)
it's always better to take the real scene release, and check on ABGX for example if it's nuked or not and the reason.
Taking a repack is always risky and you may download it many times until you find the good one.

Those are words of wisdom.
bow.gif
But I'm guessing not everyone has access to the real scene release. Some people must deal with repacks, like hunter291 did. That's why I don't use torrents or web warez forums, except if I'm delibarately looking for a scrubbed game. Even then, no torrents for me.
p1ng.gif

jk_dance

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
Well, I can't seem to undub it so as to get the iso to >4.7 and I don't have money for Dual Layer, so I'll just import it.

There is a DVD5 Version with english only voices. I dont know if its allowed to post links but its at -webname disappeared in a black hole- in the Scrubbed PAL section. You'll find it right away

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jk_dance said:
machomuu said:
Well, I can't seem to undub it so as to get the iso to >4.7 and I don't have money for Dual Layer, so I'll just import it.

There is a DVD5 Version with english only voices. I dont know if its allowed to post links but its at -snip-. You'll find it right away
Don't post links, but thanks, I finally get to play it on my Wii
biggrin.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jk_dance said:
machomuu said:

There is a DVD5 Version with english only voices. I dont know if its allowed to post links but its at ////// in the Scrubbed PAL section. You'll find it right away

Fuck yeah, thanks so much for the heads-up! This'll be the version I play, thanks!

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is awesome
ohmy.gif

was a bit irritating figuring out i had to extract an iso encrypted as rar. the uploader was trying to make money out of the release by saying you needed some password on the readme >.>

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aminemaster said:
there is a dvd 5 version out there but in espagnol with english audios
please make an english one!

I also see this version. I'm waiting for a 100% English version. Hopefully someone will make one soon. For those of you playing the Spanish DVD-5 version, are all of the cinematics still there?

tuntun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
@ above its all still there just the dam text is in spanish, and the uploader didn't mention it
angry.gif
gotta love low capped bandwidth

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
LightyKD said:
aminemaster said:
there is a dvd 5 version out there but in espagnol with english audios
please make an english one!

I also see this version. I'm waiting for a 100% English version. Hopefully someone will make one soon. For those of you playing the Spanish DVD-5 version, are all of the cinematics still there?
I think there is only 1 cinematic.
All cut-scenes are made with game engine.
It's great to watch them with your character wearing his current equipment and not a poor always the same equipment.

Nestor.Elias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems with the game, one poster suggested reformatting your USB partition into FAT32 before reformatting it back to WBFS. I'd gone through every configuration known to man on CIOS before trying this out and had all but given up when I tried this as a last desperate move. It worked.
smile.gif
Just a heads-up for those who are scratching their heads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.