Wii #2457 - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Duel Transer (USA)

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I still love the TCG, but the newer cards are WAY overpowered. Me I''m old skool, but I'm almost forced to use the new cards to stand up against newer decks to stand a chance.....which actually doesn't bother me til I have my deck the way I want it and then I have to go around and chance it.

Now the animes.....
Orginal = Greatness, watched it ever Saturday
GX = Nice idea, but started to get stupid as the series neared its end
5Ds = WTF? and for the record turbo duels are fucking retarded

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
5Ds

Doesnt look like
The first or GX
Its unique in its own way..
I like the anime Season 2 is really epic with the 5ds timeline god cards the polar gods.

Yugi was a pharaoh
Jaden idk
tongue.gif

Yusei
smile.gif
A freedom fighter

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
GX was actually quite enjoyable, but 5D's..no, just no.
so you're saying you like a dueling school? dont knock 5d's until you try it.
=p

Kiekoes said:
xshinox said:
QUOTE(GameWinner @ Dec 8 2010, 09:59 PM) I wonder if the cards are censored...
all american and european yugioh games as well as japanese world championships have censored card art. you want uncensored? buy the japanese version
uncensored yugioh cards? what do you mean?
what you mean what do you mean? look at american version of dark magician girl, they removed her cleavage line and her hexagram symbol. original uncensored has her cleavage line and hexagram intact. also take a look at water omotics, japanese card she wears NO clothes. american version they gave her clothes.

Linh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NamoNakamura said:
sinharvest24 said:
DJPlace said:
Slyakin said:
Yay? I hate Yu-Gi-Oh now.

What happened to the series anyway? Where's the Egyptian Mythology? The Millennium Objects? Huh, now they have bikes. Great.

i agree they killed it with 5d's.
seconded

GX was the beginning of the end. GX dug the grave for Yugioh, 5Ds put it in and buried it.

^ this

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5D's gets better when the second season starts, its not better then the original but it is still good, GX was good for me around the 4th season. Stupid 4Kids though censoring the cards.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well at least the game is good !

I have waited for a normal yugioh game since that stupid racer was released.

And yeah some syncros are hardcore but there are more than enough "old" cards that are completely overpowered, and you can still beat syncro monster.

I am using tool dragon which is more or less overpowered but its still beatable, soooooo much problems agains Monarc decs (i think they are rather old?) and against these fire direct dmg decks ... same with several others.
every syncro monster has its own weakness

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All of the cards in the game are literally scanned from the latest printing of the cards (you'll notice that some cards are Gold Rares), although idk how they got the cards that aren't printed in English yet. Also, some TCG exclusive cards didn't make it in, they are the ones from Shining Darkness booster and onwards. Gameplay is pretty much like playing the actual card game IRL.

WalterCool

Trophies
Website
www.slash.cl
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Bah, 5D is not a bad game, is just a different strategy (less spell cards and more trap cards) and more limits to spell cards (speed counters)

Its really cool, on wc2010 i have a common deck and a completely different deck for speed duels.

5d isnt bad too, its just a different Egyptian problem, on Yugioh Abridged series are the pharaoh amulets and Egyptian gods, on gx are the "a lot of stuff" (each season is different on gx) and 5d, at least, its the crimson dragon.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No talk of the gameplay yet.

I heard this was a lot like tag force, which is pretty solid. Gonna give this a closer look, 5D's or no

jibtek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendude92 said:
No talk of the gameplay yet.

It's a YGO game, what do you expect?

You move around a "game board" to duel opponents or pick up free DP/cards, work your way to the end, repeat on the next floor.

Dueling interface is pretty standard, there's no "graphical" representation on the monsters like in the DS games. There's a couple of cut-scenes for some Synchros but I turned those off the second I started playing so I can't really comment on them. The activation prompt is REALLY annoying by default but you can change that. Be careful though, if you turn it off you have to do everything manually.

AI in general is pretty bad but that's nothing new.

My biggest gripe about the game so far is the deck building interface. We had (and got used to) a perfectly fine one in the last 3 DS games, why did they have to change it so much? Oh yeah I'm sure sorting by rarity is awesome but if you don't know EXACTLY what you're building, you'll have a hard time. The removal of Related Cards is mind boggling.

I do like the inclusion of opponent's recipes that you can buy, use yourself or duel against after you beat them once in story mode.

Getting cards is also a chore. There's no pack list, no password system, no trading. You either grind forever or use a Max DP code (if you value your sanity). Still, you'll have to buy 700+ packs to get 100% completion on some bigger packs. At 50 packs a pop. Yeah, you can't buy more than 50 packs at a time.

Haven't tried the online yet but I read that the matchmaking can take forever, which is not really a surprise, last time I checked there was around 300 ranked players.

So basically, it's nice to play with the new cards but all around, the interface is a bit too sluggish for me... and WC 11 should be released for the DS in a couple of months.

edit : I forgot, there's no tag duels if you're into that kind of things. Personally it doesn't bother me much but some people do enjoy this mess.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Yay? I hate Yu-Gi-Oh now.

What happened to the series anyway? Where's the Egyptian Mythology? The Millennium Objects? Huh, now they have bikes. Great.
5D's has Mesoamerican mythology ... dunno what happened to it in the last season though, they changed it to Future Trunks saga thing where they fight cyborgs from the future.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone that has this game been able to find a match wifi. I just got the ISO but it waiting for about 20 min and still couldn't find a match.

Deleted member 290186

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone that has this game been able to find a match wifi. I just got the ISO but it waiting for about 20 min and still couldn't find a match.

I also have the ISO of this game. I was wondering if you could help me get it working though. I'm using USB Loader GX, and the game loads, and I can see the deck building screen, but if I select Story Mode, or Free Duel, the screen goes black, and I have to hard reset my Wii. Thanks

PS: I prefer the original series, and cards. My friends and I usually put a limit on the newest set we can use. Normally it doesn't go past Invasion of Chaos. (God cards are OK though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?