Wii #2378 - Doctor Who: Return to Earth (Europe)

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two reviews I have seen for this game are 16% and 20% and I haven't scores that low in a while.... Now the DS version I hear is at least passable something like 60-70%

The Wii version being bad is a terrible thing to me
frown.gif
I have been watching the show since Tom Baker started on it and have always loved it.

About a Red Dwarf game... that could be interesting and anything would be possible. A shooter level with the Starbug but some platforming with Lister would be funny... maybe virtual chess against the ships computer Holly that would be funny. I am kind of surprised they haven't made a Red Dwarf game.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i try to get the newest dr.who when possible, sadly it's always by torrent from the uk. same with red dwarf. i was unaware there was a red dwarf game out, i'm gonna need ta ask one of my friends in the uk ta send me a copy of the. as for this drwho game. i'm suppriesed they made a wii game. will try it though (when the dang disc gets to me sucks haveing to wait a week)

HuMaNpUmPkIn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
I have the strangest feeling that this will be terrible, for the simple fact that a Doctor Who game would work best as a multi-pathed visual novel, and that Doctor Who is something so difficult to capture in a video game, because the Doctor's adventures aren't high octane video game material. He's unarmed, and generally involved in "One wrong move and you're dead" adventures, which would make for frustrating gameplay.

Now, a Torchwood game would be amazing.

CuberToy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just take a look at the gameplay, seriously...
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/...le.php?id=21529

Everything is awfull in it, it's like PSX I think... maybe some better texture of course, but nothing great.

Asylum are real crappy developers since... well... always. Their first game was Doctor Who on PC, and even that was poor. Look at their game.

Anyway, I get a "Insert Disc" Message with USB Loader.

NatureMade

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna be honest; This game is terrible. I played up to Chapter 3. It wasn't that the gameplay was overly hard or easy, but just so many things take away from the Doctor who Experience. It would've been GREAT had they used clips and such for the cutscenes, but that would've been awesome. And as much of a graphic whoar as I am NOT, the graphics in the cutscenes [lack of mouth movement, choppy animation, looks like it was made by a high school CG Student] absolutely kill the experience.

Oh, and then the fact that I just despise the 11th doctors actor for all that he is. [Having to listen to that voice, blech. PASS]

In all honesty though guys, this game is as bad as everyone is saying. maybe not "16 or 20%" bad, but I would rate it higher than a 3 on the scale of video games.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I rarely (that is, never) actually get Wii games. I keep wanting to, but I barely actually use it, but even if I did I'd probably avoid this game. I saw the same review Hadrian did and the sceenshots looked pretty bad. Evacuation Earth on the other hand, I might consider. I enjoy the PC games at the moment, and one wish I'd have would be for there to be Doctor Who stuff for Garry's Mod. I mean, there are some things, but barely anything, really.

As long as I acquire a Mark VII screwdriver in a few months I'll be happy (though happier if it were sooner).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JonthanD said:
About a Red Dwarf game... that could be interesting and anything would be possible. A shooter level with the Starbug
Already done for a crappy mobile game.

There has been Red Dwarf games for the PC though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.